You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Golf Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 51>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:04pm
Brooks Koepka looked like AI might have a few more years to go yet before they have perfected the Cyborgolfaniser, aka the white Tiger Tongue
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Good man Shane a cool €1,725,162 into his lamh, I didn't back him 😢 probably all the better😁

Minus Bo Martin's £172,051. He was very impressive whenever the mic's picked them up.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:36pm

Good man Shane a cool €1,725,162 into his lamh, I didn't back him 😢 probably all the better😁

He will probably have tax to pay on it :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Tricolours galore and fields of athenry

Some DUP **** is going to get offended

If it was insert x golfer that won with British fans flags galore, some YBIG ****s would be getting offended 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

jaysus this thread.

Why should they change the name of it just because other places decided to create their own version of open tournaments?

You could say exactly the same thing about the FA.  It smacks of the smugness that has been at the centre of that golfing culture. Not letting women join many of their clubs for years etc.  Its called having humility and seeing the game expand and not being so smug.

Your so called “British Open” was played outside of Britain this year! Mental.

Let’s see it being played in other countries so in the future :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:56pm

jaysus this thread.

Why should they change the name of it just because other places decided to create their own version of open tournaments?

You could say exactly the same thing about the FA.  It smacks of the smugness that has been at the centre of that golfing culture. Not letting women join many of their clubs for years etc.  Its called having humility and seeing the game expand and not being so smug.

Your so called “British Open” was played outside of Britain this year! Mental.

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:38pm
I've always known it as the British Open.Have visited St Andrews and Royal Troon before two great courses.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 21 Jul 2019 at 8:39pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Thank fck we are back on topic now
Nope I was wrong LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:34pm

jaysus this thread.

AKA pedantic kunt
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
Thank fck we are back on topic now
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:32pm
jaysus this thread.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Do they not already have a golf tournament called the British Open?

They do, different competition! 

Anyway, can see Baldrick's side even if I don't agree with it, best to leave it there and everyone just enjoy this, doesn't happen too often. 

Btw it is possible to enjoy it and discuss other issues. 

Really enjoyed Lowry yesterday. Brilliant round of golf and then today to play brilliant tactical links golf and played the weather and the lead brilliantly. Hope he goes on to win more opens both British and US and The US Masters and the USPGA. 

The first golf major of the year is called “The Masters” in America, it’s only outside of America that people call it the US Masters.
Just saying.

I am in America and I just called it the US masters just now :) just saying 

Edited by Baldrick - 21 Jul 2019 at 8:32pm
AKA pedantic kunt
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:30pm

Anyway, can see Baldrick's side even if I don't agree with it, best to leave it there and everyone just enjoy this, doesn't happen too often. 

Really enjoyed Lowry yesterday. Brilliant round of golf and then today to play brilliant tactical links golf and played the weather and the lead brilliantly. Hope he goes on to win more opens both British and US and The US Masters and the USPGA. 

The first golf major of the year is called “The Masters” in America, it’s only outside of America that people call it the US Masters.
Just saying.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:22pm

It is, just the thread seems to have just gone to that exclusively is all! Also, was just going around in circles when everyone knew each others point and nobody was going to change their mind. 

Agreed and I wasn’t looking to change anyone’s mind, a few muppets trying to suggest I didn’t know the history of it when I was fully aware of the history but still thinks it smacks of smugness and the we invented the world mentality that some have. It was a response to others comments on my post.  

Great achievement from lowry and hopefully he can go on to wine a few more majors. 
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:18pm

It is, just the thread seems to have just gone to that exclusively is all! Also, was just going around in circles when everyone knew each others point and nobody was going to change their mind. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:16pm

AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:13pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 51>
  Share Topic