You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Golf Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 50>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 4:12am
I find it funny some posters getting all excited about Europe playing USA and calling them 'we' but would hope the Ireland rugby team (which represents the whole island)does absolutely sh*t. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 9:16pm
#SkyHype

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Some lads just love a good moan. 

Sky just hype up that tension and you fell for it. The odds don’t lie and as the previous poster Europe were always odds on. 

Sure PP paid out on a Europe win after the first day.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 9:14pm

Sky just hype up that tension and you fell for it. The odds don’t lie and as the previous poster Europe were always odds on. 

I don't care about bookies and I'm certainly not moaning either.

I made a post, you replied. I think maybe you're the one with the problem.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 9:04pm

Edited by Baldrick - 01 Oct 2023 at 9:05pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 9:03pm
The bookies who are never far away didn’t have Europe any better a price than 1/40 for most of today

It was never really in the balance 

They were 1/100 when everyone was losing their sh*t saying this isn’t over yet 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

That tournament was over a good hour before Fowler found the water. At that point it was just a question of which out of Fleetwood, Lowry and MacIntyre was going to hole the winning putt and thanks to Fowler it ended up being Fleetwood at 16. But Fleetwood was winning that match anyway and there's absolutely no way all three of him, Lowry and MacIntyre were losing their games.

I was watching it on the world feed so maybe it was easier to see that there without all the hype and manufactured drama on Sky.

Lowry or McIntyre were never going to deliver if under pressure. It was either Fleetwood or bust. I think Fleetwood would have taken Fowler, but he himself was relieved when Fowler put it into the water. It took away the pressure.

America did well to take it to the 3rd last hole of the 11th game. We sh*t the bed a bit. Lots of nervous rookies. Homa is built different.

Definitely not the case. Lowry clearly wasn't trying at all once the match was over (he was just going around the course hugging everyone) and still got a half against Spieth, who played terribly all week and didn't win a single match. Lowry has plenty of experience of delivering on the big stage, especially in front of a "home" crowd and I'd have been amazed if he hadn't halved that match at an absolute minimum if it had still been in play. Most likely he'd have won it.

MacIntyre was at 12 for a reason, they hid him back there. But the lad he was up against wasn't playing great either so he may well have still won his match. But Fleetwood and Lowry were intentionally put in at 10 and 11 to finish the job if needed, there was no chance of MacIntyre's match ever mattering.

Ironically MacIntyre's stats for the week ended up looking really good. Rose absolutely carried him to a point and a half the first two days and then he got to play a nothing match down the bottom of the order on the Sunday and won that too.

Lowry wasn't playing well. Spieth was actually playing fairly well today. Lowry showed signs of recovery, but then wouldn't capitalise when the opportunity came. He followed up a few good holes with awful tee shots.

MacIntyre was 3 up at the one point, and had missed one of the easiest putts of the day just before his game became meaningless. He was under pressure at 1 up.

I had zero faith in either of these two had it come down to needing a half. Fleetwood would probably have delivered regardless, but we'll never know due to Fowler.

Fitzpatrick should have put it to bed much earlier. Europe missed an opportunity to rack up an impressive score.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:39pm

That tournament was over a good hour before Fowler found the water. At that point it was just a question of which out of Fleetwood, Lowry and MacIntyre was going to hole the winning putt and thanks to Fowler it ended up being Fleetwood at 16. But Fleetwood was winning that match anyway and there's absolutely no way all three of him, Lowry and MacIntyre were losing their games.

I was watching it on the world feed so maybe it was easier to see that there without all the hype and manufactured drama on Sky.

Lowry or McIntyre were never going to deliver if under pressure. It was either Fleetwood or bust. I think Fleetwood would have taken Fowler, but he himself was relieved when Fowler put it into the water. It took away the pressure.

America did well to take it to the 3rd last hole of the 11th game. We sh*t the bed a bit. Lots of nervous rookies. Homa is built different.

Definitely not the case. Lowry clearly wasn't trying at all once the match was over (he was just going around the course hugging everyone) and still got a half against Spieth, who played terribly all week and didn't win a single match. Lowry has plenty of experience of delivering on the big stage, especially in front of a "home" crowd and I'd have been amazed if he hadn't halved that match at an absolute minimum if it had still been in play. Most likely he'd have won it.

MacIntyre was at 12 for a reason, they hid him back there. But the lad he was up against wasn't playing great either so he may well have still won his match. But Fleetwood and Lowry were intentionally put in at 10 and 11 to finish the job if needed, there was no chance of MacIntyre's match ever mattering.

Ironically MacIntyre's stats for the week ended up looking really good. Rose absolutely carried him to a point and a half the first two days and then he got to play a nothing match down the bottom of the order on the Sunday and won that too.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

McIlBrit is a hard coont to listen to Dead
ah your better than that muff
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:30pm

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Behave yourself. He’ll sing irelands call louder than you ever will!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 7:34pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 6:43pm

Exactly.  It was never in doubt. 
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 6:35pm

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 6:12pm
As much as the task force has improved things for the USA team the insistence of the old boys as vice captains is still holding them back. Europe get people who are in and around the tour. All of the US vice captains are eligible and active on the Champions Tour. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 4:48pm

There was no bottling. The 3 rookies lost in the middle which was always going to be the case.  It was always going to work out
Most points scored at the start and then some at the end.  

Sweating 😀😀. Sky hype it up to appear more tense than it is.  They had 3 matches that could have got the necessary half point in the end.  

America turned Feic all around.  They never closed the gap.  It was 5 at the start and at the end and it was like that all day. 

I don't really want to waste my Sunday having a back and forth with you tbh. You obviously saw it very differently to me. Like most things. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 4:44pm
There was no bottling. The 3 rookies lost in the middle which was always going to be the case.  It was always going to work out
Most points scored at the start and then some at the end.  

Sweating 😀😀. Sky hype it up to appear more tense than it is.  They had 3 matches that could have got the necessary half point in the end.  

America turned Feic all around.  They never closed the gap.  It was 5 at the start and at the end and it was like that all day. 

Edited by Baldrick - 01 Oct 2023 at 4:46pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 4:36pm

Some disgraceful performances from Europe today. Cowardly.

Fitzpatrick is particular really let his teammates down. Only 1 win from 8 attempts at Ryder Cups.

Fair f**ks to Rahm, McIlroy, Hovland and Hatton who delivered not just today, but all weekend.

Rose gave it his all against Cantlay. Anyone would have struggled.

I always had faith in Fleetwood to see it through, but Fowler let us off the hook.

What are you on about it looks like Europe will win the day. 

What are you on about? The post was a summary of today.

USA had us on the ropes until Fowler found the water. It's easy for Lowry and MacIntyre now that it's won. 

We shouldn't have let it get this close.

16 and half to 11 and half is not close.  

The Americans are no mugs.  You can’t win every single game. They won same points today as US did
The prediction was US domination for a decade 

Like I said, the points after reaching 14.5 don't matter. 

Fitzpatrick had an opportunity to take the pressure off his teammates and failed. We are fortunate that Fowler made it easy for Fleetwood.

America did well to turn it around. We started to bottle it a bit from the 2nd four-balls. I was sweating most of the day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 50>
  Share Topic