Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Eire 1990 shirt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Eire 1990 shirt
    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:50pm
Why put Opel on it?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:53pm
Why pay £45 for an obvious knock off
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 10:01pm
You can get it with or without Opel.  Its a very good replica. Why pay 250 euro for an original 2nd hand one on ebay?Confused

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 10:09pm
You can get knock offs for a lot less. I got my original one sponsorless on ebay (have a sponsored one from the time) for a lot less, but regardless, if I was to invest in a 1990 jersey then id prefer to do it properly and spend the money on the real deal instead of walking around in an obvious fake, but its an each to their own I suppose. For the record they can regularly be got for a lot less than £250 on ebay on other sites
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:17pm
Anyone bought of this site? What is the quality of the jersey like?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:52pm
Want one of the jerseys that Dougal wears to bed each night.

Where do you get the old Ireland jerseys. Checked the normal China knockoff sites and only saw the current kit. Don't want to pay 100+ on one of those vintage football shirts sites for a used kit. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Where do you get the old Ireland jerseys. Checked the normal China knockoff sites and only saw the current kit. Don't want to pay 100+ on one of those vintage football shirts sites for a used kit. 

Classic Football Shirts (.com)

@Guf:

Think the reviews are good re the quality. 

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Selling very good replicas on this website

The images used on there are of a genuine match worn shirt taken from another site, the tag and logo have been photoshopped off and the Opel has been photoshopped on.

What you get is a terrible and fairly obvious knockoff like this

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:12am

bought that very style a couple of weeks ago sponsorless for 80 quid delivered on www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk i did wait for a sale though which they have regulalrly enough so saved 20%.

Away from t’internet, theres a sports flea on in the back page pub in Drumcondra every few months selling loads of stuff incl loads of ireland stuff. Obviously the location doesnt suit everyone but have picked up some good stuff from it in the past too.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

bought that very style a couple of weeks ago sponsorless for 80 quid delivered on www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk i did wait for a sale though which they have regulalrly enough so saved 20%.

Away from t’internet, theres a sports flea on in the back page pub in Drumcondra every few months selling loads of stuff incl loads of ireland stuff. Obviously the location doesnt suit everyone but have picked up some good stuff from it in the past too.
Have bought off Classic football shirts a few times now and they all have been top quality. Only thing is they are a bit expensive but I supppose it’s worth it for what you are getting. Like Sham said with until there’s a sale and you should get that jersey at a decent price.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

The images used on there are of a genuine match worn shirt taken from another site, the tag and logo have been photoshopped off and the Opel has been photoshopped on.

They are not intended to be genuine , just retro.  They haven't started selling the Ireland one yet. They are releasing it in March.  I am not sure what the site's reputation is though.

Liverpool for instance sell the adidas 1990 jersey in their clubshop without the adidas logo on it because they are New Balance now but it is almost identical to the real 1990 adidas Liverpool shirt.

My hope is that this crowd make an almost identical good quality 1990 Ireland jersey.  If it was the same quality as say the Liverpool shirt mentioned I'd probably get one.

This is the Liverpool one

Image result for liverpool clubshop 1990 shirt

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Have bought off Classic football shirts a few times now and they all have been top quality. Only thing is they are a bit expensive but I supppose it’s worth it for what you are getting. Like Sham said with until there’s a sale and you should get that jersey at a decent price.
Well the first bonus is that you dont have to worry if theyre genuine or not and the description of condition is always spot on too so you can be sure of what youre buying. Ive bought off ebay as well but if in doubt ill always request more photos/info. Also have picked up a couple of jerseys on adverts too but always would meet somewhere and inspect before parting with the hard earned.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:36am

Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

They are not intended to be genuine , just retro.  They haven't started selling the Ireland one yet. They are releasing it in March.  I am not sure what the site's reputation is though.

Liverpool for instance sell the adidas 1990 jersey in their clubshop without the adidas logo on it because they are New Balance now but it is almost identical to the real 1990 adidas Liverpool shirt.

My hope is that this crowd make an almost identical good quality 1990 Ireland jersey.  If it was the same quality as say the Liverpool shirt mentioned I'd probably get one.

This is the Liverpool one

Image result for liverpool clubshop 1990 shirt

Id be 99.9% theyre not making jerseys and are just resellers buying in bulk from China where they all come from the same manufacturer. They wont be good quality.
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:25am
I know a lad who bought the Holland top  it looks the part in fairness and its as difficult to design a knock version such as our own 1990 Jersey,, i actually thought it was real until he told me it was fake 
royal rover
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 1:21pm

That location won't suit anyone as that pub is in Phibsboro, not Drumcondra. Wink
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

That location won't suit anyone as that pub is in Phibsboro, not Drumcondra. Wink
LOLoopsie. Not sure what I was thinking typing that.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:57pm
Better off paying €120 for a good condition real one. £45 is a bit steep for a knock off; €20 to €25 would be fair.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic