You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roscommon eviction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:04pm
I'm sick of the argument of banks doing bad business or lending irresponsibly as some kind of justification for a ***t like this in Roscommon, not paying his mortgage.

Everybody knows that if you fail to meet your mortgage repayments, the bank is entitled to repossess your home. It is not an easy thing to do so this clown will have known it was coming. Would have had plenty of opportunities to put it right too.

To then go and sanction what happened last night, he is an absolute disgrace and I hope he does jail time.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:09pm
People genuinely comparing this to what happened in Ireland during the 1800s. It's f**king embarrassing 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

There is no rights no.

But thats under law, and who can afford the best legal team? the bank, and dont they say the law is an Ass.

In our small apartment block, a chancer defaulted on 3 apartments. He owed us the management company( thats us the owners) thousands in apartment fees which go solely to the upkeep and future upkeep of the block.  The bank obviously repossessed the apartments. when We went to look for the outstanding fees, do you think the bank didnt default on them, they did. And because We couldnt fight the size of their legal team We had to take a reduced settlement of the fees and were told it was as good as we can expect.

So people default on banks, but banks default on people.

In 2012-2013 a number of legal cases sprung up which had favourable outcomes for debtors in possession cases, and I believe one of those cases was won without any appearance. This is not America and good legal teams can be assembled cost effectively, and regularly in Ireland very hard fought cases have occurred between borrowers of meagre means, with legal representation and banks.

Also, surely the fight would have been with the defaulter rather than the bank, that was his debt and he owed the management company the money?

The fees follow the apartment. It's the only way possible. So the bank took back possession and it defaulted to them
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:31pm
Foo king delighted those nordy loyalist fcuks got battered and even more delighted the bank involved was those ****s at KBC.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Foo king delighted those nordy loyalist fcuks got battered and even more delighted the bank involved was those ****s at KBC.
It would explain why they were chicken.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:42pm
Looks like the security lads are back
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Looks like the security lads are back
I hope they bring an alsation once again. 

And a few of his mates. 

And this time they savage a few of the locals. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:52pm

There is no rights no.

But thats under law, and who can afford the best legal team? the bank, and dont they say the law is an Ass.

In our small apartment block, a chancer defaulted on 3 apartments. He owed us the management company( thats us the owners) thousands in apartment fees which go solely to the upkeep and future upkeep of the block.  The bank obviously repossessed the apartments. when We went to look for the outstanding fees, do you think the bank didnt default on them, they did. And because We couldnt fight the size of their legal team We had to take a reduced settlement of the fees and were told it was as good as we can expect.

In 2012-2013 a number of legal cases sprung up which had favourable outcomes for debtors in possession cases, and I believe one of those cases was won without any appearance. This is not America and good legal teams can be assembled cost effectively, and regularly in Ireland very hard fought cases have occurred between borrowers of meagre means, with legal representation and banks.

Also, surely the fight would have been with the defaulter rather than the bank, that was his debt and he owed the management company the money?

The fees follow the apartment. It's the only way possible. So the bank took back possession and it defaulted to them

But did you try the legal route at all? I would have thought the bank would argue that it’s the debt of the defaulter, as he racked it up and that it was a separate contract to the one he had with the bank.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:13pm
Hopefully these vigilante groups look higher up the chain when dishing out their next beatings.

The white collar criminality from within the banking system have always gone unpunished.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hopefully these vigilante groups look higher up the chain when dishing out their next beatings.

The white collar criminality from within the banking system have always gone unpunished.

Clap
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:38pm

If we lived in North Korea you would be taken out for that post HB.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

If we lived in North Korea you would be taken out for that post HB.
Drinks and dinner?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:40pm
Delighted those northern thugs got battered and delighted KBC are being made look like fools. I don't disagree that a man can't be evicted from his home although they should take other assets first with the home as the very last option. They also shouldn't be kicking anyone out so close to Christmas.

But my problem is lads who are not Irish coming into our country and kicking people out of their homes. The banks should be hiring Irish security companies. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Delighted those northern thugs got battered and delighted KBC are being made look like fools. I don't disagree that a man can't be evicted from his home although they should take other assets first with the home as the very last option. They also shouldn't be kicking anyone out so close to Christmas.

But my problem is lads who are not Irish coming into our country and kicking people out of their homes. The banks should be hiring Irish security companies. 
Sickening partitionist attitude. 

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:52pm

There is no rights no.

But did you try the legal route at all? I would have thought the bank would argue that it’s the debt of the defaulter, as he racked it up and that it was a separate contract to the one he had with the bank.

Yes, we were lucky to have an owner who was from the legal profession who worked for free on it. We were in serious debt at the time after years of neglect, we couldnt afford anythinf. I think  Its the same with the TV license. It doesn't follow the owner totally follows the premises. As I said, they settled but left is well short of what was owed
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:56pm
anyone using a security firm with links to Loyalist paramilitaries who proclaim on camera to be British while physically evicting Irish citizens from their property in Ireland, thinking it was a good idea were asking for trouble. Irrespective of who owed what to who that was going to get people angry.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

anyone using a security firm with links to Loyalist paramilitaries who proclaim on camera to be British while physically evicting Irish citizens from their property in Ireland, thinking it was a good idea were asking for trouble. Irrespective of who owed what to who that was going to get people angry.

This is the part that angers me. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

This is the part that angers me. 
How do we know they're Loyalist paramilitaries?

Did somebody say it on Twitter?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic