You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia-Switzerland double header

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Poll Question: When are you flying to Switzerland?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [16.36%]
34 [61.82%]
12 [21.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:00am
Already seeing a number of tickets for both of these games being flogged on facebook. 

Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Already seeing a number of tickets for both of these games being flogged on facebook. 

What’s their excuse this far out 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

In some cases, I saw no excuses offered.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:54am

Saw 1 person complaining last week that he didnt get tickets in the euro 2020 public ballot and now hes trying to get rid of tickets for October. All about points for some people 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:59am

Are they even @ FV?

Even if they are, flogging them this far out (excuse or no excuse) and just a day after the invoices go out just stinks of points harvesting.  A few days out, they might have got away with it (eg family death/emergency) but as NR alludes, flogging them some 2 months in advance does raise suspicions that they had no notion of going to either game and just want the points for a high-demand away play-off or the tournament itself. Disapprove

Any way they could be reported to the FAI? 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:05am
One guy even shamelessly admits he is getting the points from the FAI.

At least from what I have heard everyone that applied is getting a ticket albeit some paying for cat 1.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:11am
I
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

At least from what I have heard everyone that applied is getting a ticket albeit some paying for cat 1.

And there’s another issue. While everyone got sorted some are paying three times more possibly because people with no intentions of travelling have taken up the cheap allocation.

Edited by Colum - 13 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:09am
€2 a ticket hummmmm not bad but I am sure Newry Rep said something that they should be no more than €1.50 , shocker ........
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:16am

Surely screen shots could be sent to the FAI and they could do some "random" checks on certain people. Look for flight details etc etc
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Surely screen shots could be sent to the FAI and they could do some "random" checks on certain people. Look for flight details etc etc

i've been away with celtic on last 2 champions league qualifiers tickets collect out there(missed sarajevo and that was the same), nothing allowed to be booked with club without seeing flight confirmation email and hotel booking 

there is always a way around these things and how would you police supporters clubs 

Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Anyone coming across these posts should forward them to the ticket office. With a bit of initiative they could buy the tickets themselves and identify the culprits.  If you are caught harvesting you should go to the back of the queue.  

I presume you get a passport stamp for Georgia. Easy enough to check then.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:36pm
Our lot said there is a very good chance that we will have to collect out there , suits me .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
Collection in Georgia is definitely the way to deal with it.

Also, if you're found harvesting, you don't lose your points, but you are thereafter put onto collection for the remainder of the campaign and all of the next campaign, and you only get category 1 tickets.

Something like that.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 2:32pm
Surely if you are harvesting, you wouldn’t risk getting caught by trying to sell €2 tickets!!

Edited by VanBosch - 13 Aug 2019 at 2:32pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 2:40pm
For lads that have been to Georgia before, i know it's a closed currency, is revolut the easiest thing to use there for the few days ? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Doesn't work in Georgia.

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/verifying-identity/what-countries-are-supported

Yeah but is that only just the countries they offer it to, not the ones you can use it in. Presume as it's a pre paid card it can still be used to tap and take money out over there ?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:16pm
Is the correct answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic