You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia-Switzerland double header

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Poll Question: When are you flying to Switzerland?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [16.36%]
34 [61.82%]
12 [21.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:47pm
Yeah, just book well in advance on sbb.ch or it'll cost you a kidney.
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:43pm
Coming in from Vienna. Haven't booked anything to Switzerland though. Waiting for confirmation
Danger here, OH NO
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:49pm
Back into Dublin  at 10 AM Sunday andctgen  direct flight to Basel matchday morning 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, just book well in advance on sbb.ch or it'll cost you a kidney.

Was going to do that, yep. Any idea how long before a journey the tickets go live online, Dave? Cheers
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:21pm
Two months, it seems.

There are tricksy ways to book tickets with Deutsche Bahn as well six months. For instance, you can book from a place called Singen to Geneva for €34.90 with DB, and just not use the Singen to Zurich bit. However, that is liable to be more expensive, so I wouldn't bother.

If you are coming in from Austria or Germany, you can and should book it six months out. If you are only looking for a domestic Swiss train, chances are it'll make sense to wait until 2 months out.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:01pm

Two months, it seems.

There are tricksy ways to book tickets with Deutsche Bahn as well six months. For instance, you can book from a place called Singen to Geneva for €34.90 with DB, and just not use the Singen to Zurich bit. However, that is liable to be more expensive, so I wouldn't bother.

If you are coming in from Austria or Germany, you can and should book it six months out. If you are only looking for a domestic Swiss train, chances are it'll make sense to wait until 2 months out.

Thanks, appreciate itThumbs Up
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:02pm

Two months, it seems.

Are those German tickets fixed to a service or can you grab any train? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:33pm
Fixed to a particular service, unless you pay the full price, which is madly expensive. The cheaper Austrian ones are train specific too, as are the cheap Swiss ones.

There are no cheap tickets that aren't train specific, tbh. If you are booking a train to get coming off a flight, add a few hours to be safe, or you'll be paying a fortune if you miss the one booked.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:55pm
Cheers SD👍
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Anyone come across a decent Georgia - Switzerland route lately? The Kutaisi - Milan route has gone very expensive 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:13pm
Opodo offering flights on the Monday from £ 151stg to £ 200 decent times one way 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Anyone come across a decent Georgia - Switzerland route lately? The Kutaisi - Milan route has gone very expensive 

Pegasus from Tbilisi to Istanbul to Geneva on Monday for about €125. Early start but not expensive. Pegasus also fly Istanbul to Basel, Zurich, Lyon, Paris and Milan, and you can get direct to Geneva from all of them for not very much, if you have an advance train ticket. Tbilisi to any of those places with Pegasus is a similar sort of price.

In terms of flights avoiding the sh*te 4:30am style Pegasus flights though, there aren't many good options left. The one I would go for would be this one with Ukraine International to Milan Bergamo via Kiev:

TBS 16:35 - 18:35 KBP 20:35 - 22:15 BGY

It is €174 to Bergamo at the minute, leaving Kiev Monday afternoon. From Bergamo to Milano Central is not much (like a fiver for the Terravision bus booked online in advance) and the train should be €40 to Geneva. A night in Milan will probably cost a fair bit less than a night in Geneva.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 29 Jan 2019 at 8:30pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:05pm

Yeah im on that route and the two sons want to go now too, but was almost €300 each, I paid €50' they will be travelling solo to Switzerland now. I reckon that wizz flight might drop in price again though.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Yeah im on that route and the two sons want to go now too, but was almost €300 each, I paid €50' they will be travelling solo to Switzerland now. I reckon that wizz flight might drop in price again though.

Me and a mate are doing Tbilisi to Vienna. Waiting for fixture confirmation to book anything further
Danger here, OH NO
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
Wanting to do the Kiev flight and have a couple of days there. Will hold off until the venue announced I reckon.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Can fly from Tbilisi to Milan on the Monday with Aegean airline's for €98 (has a short stopover in Athens but nothing major)
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:23pm
There’s a few Tbilisi to Basel routes starting at 150€ on the 14th. Arriving into Basel in the afternoon the day before game so plenty of time to get to Geneva or wherever
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by PJIRELAND PJIRELAND wrote:

There’s a few Tbilisi to Basel routes starting at 150€ on the 14th. Arriving into Basel in the afternoon the day before game so plenty of time to get to Geneva or wherever

Flying Tblisi to Basel, early start Monday morning but it's working out at €118 which aint bad. 

Stopover in Istanbul but into Basel at a reasonable hour. 

We're on the one road!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic