You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 qualifying: Group D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Poll Question: Where will Ireland finish?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [7.32%]
30 [36.59%]
45 [54.88%]
1 [1.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020 qualifying: Group D
    Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 2:11pm
I wonder is there any chance of finding a place showing the Georgia v Switzerland match showing in Gib. There'll be places with Sky Sports no doubt, and they should have it. It kicks off at 15:00 and the Ireland match at 18:00.
Sponsored Links

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:15am
The absolute dream scenario for us after the opening 4 games would be for the Swiss to fail to win in their opening 2 games. Switzerland are away to Georgia and home to Denmark in the March international break so it’s not beyond the realm of possibilities! Now the reason I think this would be the dream scenario is because Switzerland will be playing in the UEFA Nations League Finals in June. That means we’ll have played 4 games after June and they’ll have only played 2 games. Our opening 4 games is Gibraltar (A), Georgia (H), Denmark (A) and Gibraltar (H). I think a realistic points return from those 4 games is anywhere between 9-12 points. Now for arguments sake let’s say Switzerland draw both games against Georgia and Denmark. That means Ireland could have anywhere between a 7-10 point lead going into the September international break. Our next game would be against Switzerland at home which means a win could potentially open up a 10-13 point lead. With 3 games to play you’d have to think we’d be 90% qualified. We can only dream!
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

going to the Georgia home game on the 26th March 

my 3rd irish game and the other 2 i was at i was poxied to get tickets but they both ended in defeats. The 2-1 Belarus cork friendly and the WC playoff Denmark game 

dont blame me if we lose 

Paul your an absolute jinx when it comes to your Waterford Hurling predictions and your attendance at Ireland games. stick to the bar stool and step away from the keyboard 

ClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:44am

my 3rd irish game and the other 2 i was at i was poxied to get tickets but they both ended in defeats. The 2-1 Belarus cork friendly and the WC playoff Denmark game 

dont blame me if we lose 

Paul your an absolute jinx when it comes to your Waterford Hurling predictions and your attendance at Ireland games. stick to the bar stool and step away from the keyboard 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Best fan in the world!

I'm that lucky in ticket sales id end up getting a ticket to a euro 2020 home group game if we get there ha 

Edited by Healy52003 - 09 Feb 2019 at 11:16pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:08pm
Best fan in the world!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm

dont blame me if we lose 
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
Really looking forward to the qualifiers. I would like to see us strong defensively but when we are going forward I want to see some purpose to our attack. 

Think Mick will realise we don’t have the players to play the way we did when we had Robbie , Duffer , Keane ect. 

Can see him doing a big Jack with diagonal balls down the flanks and puttin then under pressure :) 

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:05pm

hearing its rome

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:05pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:03pm
confirmed Gibraltar's home games will be in the Victoria Stadium in Gibraltar
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 6:45am

So the Swiss/Denmark/Georgia and Gibraltar are guaranteed a playoff spot if they don't get through the group stage ??

Not Gibralter
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 1:24pm
ffs
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:05pm
So the Swiss/Denmark/Georgia and Gibraltar are guaranteed a playoff spot if they don't get through the group stage ??

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

We have a minimum of 2 home game sif we qualify. If Spain and ourselves qualify via this phase then we draw lots for the 3rd home fixture.

However if we qualify via the 2020 playoffs we play Spain in Bilbao.  If 2 hosts end up in the same playoffs UEFA have allowed for a redraw of the finals.  
We have always been very good at drawing lots.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

We have a minimum of 2 home game sif we qualify. If Spain and ourselves qualify via this phase then we draw lots for the 3rd home fixture.

However if we qualify via the 2020 playoffs we play Spain in Bilbao.  If 2 hosts end up in the same playoffs UEFA have allowed for a redraw of the finals.  
That's it clarified, thank you.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:09pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:40pm
Where did anyone suggest we would?
Anyway, we would be punching well above our weight if we quality.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic