You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 66>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:18pm
Very true.

Just looking at trains there and you can get a train from Geneva to Basle for approx 21e and will take approx 2 hours 45 mins.

It's unlikely to be in Basel since the Denmark game is there.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Very true.

Just looking at trains there and you can get a train from Geneva to Basle for approx 21e and will take approx 2 hours 45 mins.

Could well still be in Basel. They have 2 other games they can move around the country with. Nowhere else has carried this story bar some Swiss site. No Irish media running it

Edited by wanderer - 07 Dec 2018 at 9:35pm
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:37pm
Lovely city but very expensive and zero craic. Which could sum up any Swiss city to be fair. Hope it's not there.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Very true.

Could well still be in Basel. They have 2 other games they can move around the country with. Nowhere else has carried this story bar some Swiss site. No Irish media running it

Anything is possible.

I've an early flight over and a late flight back. f**k it, it's booked now anyway.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 10:08pm
There will be enough to run a bus down with the amount of people arriving  between 11 and 1.30 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:43am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm bolloxed if this is in Geneva. Booked home through Zurich leaving at 9am. Not sure how I'll make that. 

On that flight too, not too much craic if it is Geneva 
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

The amount of lads who just panic and book a flight for the sake of it. ye must have money to burn ffsLOL 

wait till confirmation and book then. it's not rocket science

Seem to recall a flight to Copenhagen that was booked before the announcement of aarhus, was that rocket science 

Edited by foggy.nelson - 08 Dec 2018 at 9:20am
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

The amount of lads who just panic and book a flight for the sake of it. ye must have money to burn ffsLOL 

wait till confirmation and book then. it's not rocket science

Seem to recall a flight to Copenhagen that was booked before the announcement of aarhus, was that rocket science 

Haha I was wondering when u would pop up. That was a one off I don't think anyone was expecting that. I was talking about countries that have 3 or 4 possible venues and just taking a chance.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:59pm
Making those mistakes, taking a few gambles, and then trying to find yer way out of them at the lowest possible cost, is all part of being an away fan. If tis organised stuff with everything confirmed you are looking for, then give Abbey a shout. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:12pm
edit: Wrong thread....

Edited by Scamper - 08 Dec 2018 at 1:42pm
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Making those mistakes, taking a few gambles, and then trying to find yer way out of them at the lowest possible cost, is all part of being an away fan. If tis organised stuff with everything confirmed you are looking for, then give Abbey a shout.

Exactly. It makes sense to book a flight now for €50 if there's a 50/50 chance of the game being there, as opposed to waiting for final confirmation and having to pay €150 for the same flight. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but in the long run you usually end up saving money.

I'd have saved money on my Malaga flights if I'd booked them quicker.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:49pm
I agree with finding cheap and decent routes is all part of the fun of being an away fan. In fairness with the help of some of the lads on here we have found some cracking routes. The likes of Tuzla, Iassi and Kutasi spring to mind. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm
It's Geneva according to reports over there.

Search Tribune de Geneve on Facebook. 

They posted on Friday that our match is there.
Theres only one sport that matters..
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

It's Geneva according to reports over there.

Search Tribune de Geneve on Facebook. 

They posted on Friday that our match is there.
It's a copy and paste of the original article though and nobody else has picked up on it. You would have expected Irish media to report it if the case. Wait and see
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 11:03am
Geneva would be grand. 

Makes the travel back from Georgia a little easier as well. There's a direct flight to Paris on Sunday evening and then get the TGV down to Geneva. 

Touts Out!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:53pm
If it is Geneva looking at places nearby and then train.

Lyon? Turin? Basel?

Super Dave where are you?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:07pm
I've flights booked for Zurich, can change accommodation no bother. Flights are at a decent time so train to Geneva, an added 3 hours but oh well
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If it is Geneva looking at places nearby and then train.

Lyon? Turin? Basel?

Super Dave where are you?

There is a direct train from Lyon to Geneva - Takes about 2 hours. Flew back from Geneva after Euro 2016 and took it 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 66>
  Share Topic