You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 66>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Trevor.ie Trevor.ie wrote:

Finally booked Tblisi, Geneva, via Kiev for 216 euroClap

What routes are you going?

Some price that.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:39pm
I assume that doesn't include the Geneva - Dublin leg, just the Dublin - Tbilisi - Geneva flights.
Trevor.ie View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I assume that doesn't include the Geneva - Dublin leg, just the Dublin - Tbilisi - Geneva flights.
Yes, just Tbilisi to Geneva via Kiev, Ukranian International departing on the 14th at 05.35, Just over a 3 hour layover in Kiev, arriving at lunchtime
Its Keane Yes
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Trevor.ie Trevor.ie wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yes, just Tbilisi to Geneva via Kiev, Ukranian International departing on the 14th at 05.35, Just over a 3 hour layover in Kiev, arriving at lunchtime

Confused so not Dublin to Tbilisi ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Same here Kevin me and other half will be with you from Kutasi then 08.23 to Geneva next morning. You can communicate by Langarish and I will try understand but really only speak Jackeen !
Just to complicate it I'm in the company of a Donegal man and a Kildare woman, I wonder what Google translate will make of it all. On the other hand we need to find a decent watering hole in Milan to watch the Football that night I'm open to suggestions..... 
Was in Milan last January and we struggled to find any decent pubs showing sport except one ironically name the “English Football Pub”. It’s close enough to the Duomo aswell.

was over at Inter vs Lazio about 15 years ago for paddies weekend and we headed out to Bergamo to O'Deas pub. decent pub. Milan is a kip
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Was in Milan last January and we struggled to find any decent pubs showing sport except one ironically name the “English Football Pub”. It’s close enough to the Duomo aswell.
Milan is a kip

+1

We were there years ago and found one of the few places in the centre to get a pint was the English Football Pub as well. Ended up going back there the next day and the barmaid asked us why we bothered coming to Milan.  

There's a few Irish bars too but they're a bit of a walk outside of the city centre. 
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:34pm
What would the allocation be like for this one?  Hoping to do the double header meself! 

Looking at 500ish for 
Dublin Moscow
Moscow Georgia

Georgia Athens
Athens swiss

Swiss the dam
The dam to Dublin 

And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

What would the allocation be like for this one?  Hoping to do the double header meself! 

Looking at 500ish for 
Dublin Moscow
Moscow Georgia

Georgia Athens
Athens swiss

Swiss the dam
The dam to Dublin 

Basic of around 1.5k and then split the usual way. 30k seats and 5% entitlement.

Can't see huge numbers going to this. 1.5k could be enough. If not maybe 2 or 3 aways on account should be enough.

Just my own thoughts but who knows.

Edited by wanderer - 17 Jun 2019 at 10:27pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:04am
Edit, thought this was Georgia threadEmbarrassed

Edited by nvidic - 18 Jun 2019 at 1:07pm
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 8:02am
Plenty of viable options to fly Dublin-Manchester-Geneva or Dublin-London(Any)-Geneva on the Monday/Tuesday it seems from initial searches?

Has anyone accommodation booked already for this one?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
I'd imagine everyone posting on here has accommodation sorted... No reason not to with the free cancellation option with booking.com

Edited by colemanY2K - 25 Jun 2019 at 1:36pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Plenty of viable options to fly Dublin-Manchester-Geneva or Dublin-London(Any)-Geneva on the Monday/Tuesday it seems from initial searches?

Has anyone accommodation booked already for this one?

I booked air bnb last week , very central for €120 for 3 nights there isn’t much available on booking.com but I’d imagine a lot of these will be cancelled closer to the game.
JamesyB1989 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyB1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:50pm
Booked to Paris with Ryanair then the TGV Lyria train to Geneva. Worked out at 130. Decent price and a few hours between landing and the time the train leaves to hang around Paris too. 

Edited by JamesyB1989 - 25 Jun 2019 at 11:50pm
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I'd imagine everyone posting on here has accommodation sorted... No reason not to with the free cancellation option with booking.com

Does this often happen? Options are piss poor unless you go into Annemasse/France on airport side. Missus is keen to be central as she may not go to game if hard to source a ticket. I'd like to hold out to see if anything better comes up closer to the date, though I can't see why people would be cancelling many rooms given the game is confirmed there.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Does this often happen? Options are piss poor unless you go into Annemasse/France on airport side. Missus is keen to be central as she may not go to game if hard to source a ticket. I'd like to hold out to see if anything better comes up closer to the date, though I can't see why people would be cancelling many rooms given the game is confirmed there.

Can't see many cancellations happening at this stage. When the draw was made we had reserved places in each of the likely host cities. then cancelled the places we didn't need when Geneva was confirmed. 

I was given a tip before euro 2016 that if you search 'hotel' on Google using the url from the country/city you want to visit  you get manymore results. i ended up nabbing a hotel next to the opera House inbordeaux by using  Google.fr

Same could well workfor Switzerland.    Its worth a shot.

Edited by colemanY2K - 26 Jun 2019 at 9:23pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:54pm
The pixies are playing Zurich on the 13th for anyone interested. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 10:00pm

Can't see many cancellations happening at this stage. When the draw was made we had reserved places in each of the likely host cities. then cancelled the places we didn't need when Geneva was confirmed. 

I was given a tip before euro 2016 that if you search 'hotel' on Google using the url from the country/city you want to visit  you get manymore results. i ended up nabbing a hotel next to the opera House inbordeaux by using  Google.fr

Cheers for that. Took the plunge in the end and splurged for the sake of a decent night somewhere central. 

Did the period for ticket application via the FAI elapse? Like an absolute dope I forgot to apply Cry
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 10:40pm

Cheers for that. Took the plunge in the end and splurged for the sake of a decent night somewhere central. 

Did the period for ticket application via the FAI elapse? Like an absolute dope I forgot to apply Cry

Actually just spotted applications appear to be open now. 
Didn't get an email though. Did anyone else?

Edited by wanderer - 16 Jul 2019 at 10:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 66>
  Share Topic