You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 66>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RuairiGucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:12pm
that non refundable 3 nights accommodation in Basle is looking like a shrewder investment by the day...
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:12pm
Just got on the same one, under €100.

Lots of cheap routes home through the UK as well though so if the direct flight goes up, there's plenty of options.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:16pm
easyjet from manchester or liverpool £50 return theyll have other routes too 

hotel rooms not cheap 

now to get tbilisi sorted

Edited by manchesterbhoy - 20 Feb 2019 at 2:16pm
RuairiGucks View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RuairiGucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:18pm
Return flights Zurich to Dublin are 133euro SWISS
11:15DUB
2h 10
    Direct
    14:25ZRH

Return

Wed, 16 Oct 2019
    SWISS
    09:10ZRH
    2h 20
      Direct
      10:30DUB
      Eire182 View Drop Down
      Phil Babb
      Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:21pm
      Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

We took a punt earlier in the week and booked the direct flight home from Geneva that departs the day after the game
      just did the same return flights to zurich booked after the draw but just booked direct from geneva home €100
      ShaneH10 View Drop Down
      Kevin Kilbane
      Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:24pm
      Tbilisi-Warsaw-Basel-Geneva in the one day should be a good trip 
      colemanY2K View Drop Down
      Roy Keane
      Roy Keane
      Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:25pm
      booked a triple room at hotel central back in December. £55 pppn. looks to be staggering distance from one of a number of irish pubs in the place.
      had jumped the gun after the draw and booked a flight to London from basel with easyjet. fortunately prices are still low and I was able to amend the flight online for £17 + price difference in fare of £6.60. I got lucky!

I'm not doing tbilisi so planning on traveling by train from london to geneva. will worry about that when trains go on sale.

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Feb 2019 at 2:26pm
      "One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
      Robbie Keane
      Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:26pm
      Any London based fans could do worse than coming back by TGV & Eurostar.

Less than €100 and about six or seven hours centre to centre, with a couple of hours in Paris.

Probably still quicker and cheaper to fly but that doesn't make it better for the environment (especially when French trains are powered by nuclear generated electricity).
      wanderer View Drop Down
      Ray Houghton
      Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:43pm
      Any idea when trains from zurich to geneva are available ??
      They look really expensive though or i could just be looking at it wrong
      Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
      500 Club la la la
      500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:46pm
      Happy days. Took punt on Gibraltar and Geneva few months back and booked them up. Wish I was as good with the oul EuroMillions numbersLOL
      Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
      LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
      Liam Brady
      Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:47pm
      anyone have a template document or advice in regards to helping me with a claim id like to submit to my travel insurance company "if you have to cancel or cut short your trip for specified reasons, including your death or serious injury, or that of a close relative."

all help greatly appreciated LOL
      lassassinblanc View Drop Down
      Paul McGrath
      Paul McGrath
      Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:49pm
      Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

anyone have a template document or advice in regards to helping me with a claim id like to submit to my travel insurance company "if you have to cancel or cut short your trip for specified reasons, including your death or serious injury, or that of a close relative."

all help greatly appreciated LOL

Stephen Ireland may be able to help
      Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
      Moderator Group
      Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:50pm
      Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Any London based fans could do worse than coming back by TGV & Eurostar.

Less than €100 and about six or seven hours centre to centre, with a couple of hours in Paris.

Probably still quicker and cheaper to fly but that doesn't make it better for the environment (especially when French trains are powered by nuclear generated electricity).

Some serious subliminal messages in there somewhere, trains good planes bad or something Stern Smile
      Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
      Robbie Keane
      Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:51pm
      Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I'll look into this and get back to you but there are cheap advance tickets on Swiss railways. Not sure quite how far out they go on sale.
      Robbie Keane
      Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm
      Actually, sbb.ch, 60 days in advance, apparently.

Roll to the bottom of the page, left hand side, click "en" for the English version.

The website will default to you having a "half fare" travelcard, because basically everyone in Switzerland does, so make sure to remove that.

I reckon the cheapest ticket will be about 44 CHF, so about €40 each way.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm
      Wodawick View Drop Down
      Kevin Kilbane
      Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wodawick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm

I'll look into this and get back to you but there are cheap advance tickets on Swiss railways. Not sure quite how far out they go on sale.

Two months in advance, I think.............but you're the expert, Dave!!
      brendy_éire View Drop Down
      Davey Langan
      Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm

Would you not be competing with Swiss fans for those cheap tickets though?
      I've a flight back from Basel, but can change it to go from Geneva for €30.
      Gives a longer layover in Amsterdam, and means hanging about Geneva the day after the game for five odd hours.
      If I thought I couldn't get back to Basel for €19 with DB, I'd probably switch flights.
      City Till I Die
      Terry Mancicni View Drop Down
      Alan Kernaghan
      Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Mancicni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm

sbb.ch trains will already be displayed. the fare one way will be 40€.

Those cheaper fares will only be on offer for specific trains. Rush hour etc are not generally included.

Edited by Terry Mancicni - 20 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm
       Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 66>
        Share Topic