You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 66>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:31pm
We had a 3 hour train journey from Aarhus to Copenhagen for a 10.15am flight morning after game. Early train and head town!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

We had a 3 hour train journey from Aarhus to Copenhagen for a 10.15am flight morning after game. Early train and head town!

yeah I was on the 4:10am train out of Aarhus. I don't see a train leaving early enough to give sufficient time to get to the airport for a 9am flight though. Really hope the game is held somewhere else!
El Puto Amo
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

yeah I was on the 4:10am train out of Aarhus. I don't see a train leaving early enough to give sufficient time to get to the airport for a 9am flight though. Really hope the game is held somewhere else!

Skip the beer and hire a car!!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:07pm
Have booked a room in Geneva on free cancellation just in case. In Milan the night before so ok to get a train from their to Geneva on match day if the game played their train takes just under 4 hours
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:22pm

The only way of getting to Zurich at that time is getting the first flight from Geneva to Zurich, currently 96 Euro with SwissAir. 
You can get a train, but it involves a three hour stopover in Biel in the middle of the night.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The only way of getting to Zurich at that time is getting the first flight from Geneva to Zurich, currently 96 Euro with SwissAir. 
You can get a train, but it involves a three hour stopover in Biel in the middle of the night.

Yeah it could be easier to just book a new flight or plead with Swiss Air to allow me change the time and pay a few bob for the pleasure. 

Or as Ringerbell says, maybe car hire might be the shout. Hopefully the quality of football is better than we've been getting and the beer anesthetic is not required.
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
Booked return flights to Geneva.

They better be there! - Berne would't be too bad either.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Booked return flights to Geneva.

They better be there! - Berne would't be too bad either.

The article says Berne is not popular with the manager due to its plastic pitch. It may not get any games.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:37pm
I'd hold off on booking anything. We've no confirmation that it's here. Most booked Zurich with decent flight times as it's easy to get anywhere from Zurich except if you've flights early in the morning. 

There are afternoon flights to Dublin with Swiss air 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:39pm
You can get a flight from Geneva to Dublin for cheaper than the flight to Zurich, at five in the evening too, with AerLingus. Might be easier to cut the losses.

Edited by pre Madonna - 07 Dec 2018 at 5:40pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:40pm

You can get a flight from Geneva to Dublin for cheaper than the flight to Zurich, at five in the evening too, with AerLingus. Might be easier to cut the losses.

And then if it's not in Geneva LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

And then if it's not in Geneva LOL
Sure he would have nearly everywhere covered with those two! Maybe throw in a flight from Milan too.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:46pm
The amount of lads who just panic and book a flight for the sake of it. ye must have money to burn ffsLOL 

wait till confirmation and book then. it's not rocket science
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:47pm
I wouldn't be panicing yet , really don't fancy a 3 hr  train after an 8 hour flight so hoping for Basel
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:57pm
I love how the stress and panic can move from Gibraltar to Switzerland in the space of a minute 😳
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:00pm
The games not for 10 months away yet no need to panic book flights till the venue in confirmed.

If those people that are doing the double header get a flight from Georgia to Switzerland or surrounding areas on the Sunday/Monday they be able to get to other possible venues for match day and then book a flight home once venue is confirmed
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

The amount of lads who just panic and book a flight for the sake of it. ye must have money to burn ffsLOL 

Maybe, just maybe lads book flights because they are cheap. Switzerland is small, there should be no panic no matter where you booked if you gave yourself enough time. 

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Maybe, just maybe lads book flights because they are cheap. Switzerland is small, there should be no panic no matter where you booked if you gave yourself enough time. 

Exactly it has one of the best train networks in Europe, doesn't really matter where you fly to.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 66>
  Share Topic