You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2021 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 103>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Speaking of the ultimate bluffer King, where is he now? Is he back involved with one of the women's teams?

He was busy identifying all of these guys in our squad at the moment. 

Credit where it’s due. 
Sponsored Links

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Why did Troy not start?

Kenny decided to use him as a Trojan Horse style decoy ... swedes never expected that Wink
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Speaking of the ultimate bluffer King, where is he now? Is he back involved with one of the women's teams?

He was busy identifying all of these guys in our squad at the moment. 

Credit where it’s due. 

I always knew Noel was a top football man Clap could make a brilliant director of football. Maybe United will get him in.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:45pm

U17 womens won 10:0 today.....he's not there anyway, gwan gwan gwan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:40am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

What. A. Header.

Now hang on for the win.

This gave me a laugh. Not saying you're wrong by the way, as I probably would have thought the same. But it's so refreshing to see 4 players breaking free in injury time and the team to get another goal, instead of sitting on the edge of the box trying to keep the other team out.

Mick is dead right about leaving the players where they are. Fantastic opportunity for them to qualify for the first time, and realistically, throwing them in to do-or-die games in which qualification for what is effectively a home tournament for us might hinder their development.

The best part about watching this team, aside from the technical ability, is the team spirit that seems to be within the squad. They all seem to love playing for the jersey.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:14am
Spurs fans all want him to play, say its only a matter of time. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:06am
I don't know if it's been explained here, but does anyone know why Parrot didn't start the game?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I don't know if it's been explained here, but does anyone know why Parrot didn't start the game?

Tactical decision by the manager.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:15am
Seems odd considering the hype around the lad. Obviously it worked out, but still....
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:24am

Seems odd considering the hype around the lad. Obviously it worked out, but still....

Being a manager involves picking a team based on who you are playing, the tactics you want to employ etc. It isn't like playing fantasy football where you just pick a load of individuals otherwise every poster on here would be an "expert" !

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Being a manager involves picking a team based on who you are playing, the tactics you want to employ etc. It isn't like playing fantasy football where you just pick a load of individuals otherwise every poster on here would be an "expert" !

ClapClap A lot of people on here don’t seem to understand this 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:33am

I meant it more that if Parrot is as good as people say, which I believe he is by the way, then I'd have thought he'd be an automatic starter. We won the game though so what do I know.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:41am
Its hard to see us certainly at 21 level, starting Idah or Afolobi ahead of Parrott as a number 9 with Connolly to his left and Kilkenny to his right. Thats an intimidating enough front 3 by any standards and may be all premier league players by season end.

Idah, Afolobi will probably need longer to integrate into their respective senior club teams, should they make it. Certainly if Connolly and Parrott come off the bench a couple of times over the coming weeks, they should be in the senior squad for the next round of games instead of Collins/Hogan and Curtis.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:41am
Sweden started strong enough by all accounts, and looking through their team they seemed on average a year or two older, with a fair bit of first team experience.  Three in Serie A i think?  I wonder did this play into Kennys thinking to hold Parrott back (17 lets keep reminding ourselves) for when it opened up a bit.  Worked anyway.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:52am
I am thinking of jumping on the u21 bandwagon for the Italy game, does anyone know if it is free parking for the Ireland games as it is for the shamrock matches?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

I am thinking of jumping on the u21 bandwagon for the Italy game, does anyone know if it is free parking for the Ireland games as it is for the shamrock matches?
No free parking
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

No free parking

I presume it was a typo on the fixture list that came out with the season tickets that the game v Italy is on in the aviva
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:31am

And being a fan is find out whose not playing and then throwing your toys out of the pram until the name game, when that initial players starts, you move into another player.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 103>
  Share Topic