You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2021 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 103>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Fantastic stuff....to blow away a team with the pedigree of Sweden away from home is great, probably the best ever result for the u21 team (a very low bar admittedly)

A much better performance than 4-2 away v Italy, so I agree.

We were dominant, creative, spirited. This is exciting
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:30pm
I've a trunk on me like an elephant after watching that second half
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:31pm
Why is parrot not down for the first goal lads.look at the match and it looked like his strike all the way but rte and all score programme have someone else scoring it
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:32pm
After about 20 mins it was just all us and you could see the Swedes get really leggy past 50-60. Some display away from home and when these lads gel up top it will be a thing of beauty. You can nitpick and say the final ball isn't great and more composure is needed but the hype is real lads. Ireland are back!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I guess they are all over eighteen, so what ever floats your boat...
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:36pm
Three wins out of three what a start. Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:38pm
It’s great to be genuinely excited by this team, something we’ve not had for a long time
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

would love to know what these sweedish commentators made of that TongueLOLLOL

The presenters looked shell shocked on the stream i was watching
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:42pm
some result
Loved Parrotts second goal 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:43pm
The best Irish U-21 team in my lifetime at the same moment the senior team is the poorest it's been in my lifetime.

It's difficult not to get excited at what might lie ahead.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It’s great to be genuinely excited by this team, something we’ve not had for a long time

This is right back to the Brian Kerr teams of the late 1990s. Since then we've been hopelessly inconsistent, one good performance usually followed by two bad ones.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
Fantastic 👍
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
this was the only game i was looking forward to,
Forgot the seniors were playing cos that was so good.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I guess they are all over eighteen, so what ever floats your boat...

Parrott isn't.
McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:46pm
It is fantastic to be finally able to enjoy u21 football again after King's reign, the difference in squads between the last game of the last campaign vs Germany having only one real possible first team player in it in Josh Cullen, with nobody else really even coming close, to this current group who it seems like have some players who wouldn't look out of place in the seniors right now, genuinley really exciting.
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:50pm
That was the most enjoyable Irish performance I have seen since Euro 2016. Parrott, Connolly and Molumphy should be promoted to the senior side. No player in our senior side has the natural ability that Parrott showed with those 2 goals. Connolly is a constant threat coming in off the left. And Molumphy has more energy than anyone else in our midfield, and always wants the ball.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:02pm
We were missing players who would have played aswel, Collins 18 and captain of Stoke, Obafemi and Farrugia who was the best player in the opene r v Luxembourg, add Trevor Clarke and Glen McAuley into the mix and the talent is stupid at this level.

Jason Knight on the bench who has played in most of Derbys games this season also.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 10 Sep 2019 at 8:04pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:12pm
Great stuff boys Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 103>
  Share Topic