Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 508509510511512 735>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:05pm
Putting on Browne for Molumby and taking Obafemi off instead of Parrott were wrong calls.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Putting on Browne for Molumby and taking Obafemi off instead of Parrott were wrong calls.

Harsh on Browne, no? Played very well coming on against Slovakia and offers a goalscoring threat severely lacking in our other midfielders. I could've easily seen Molumby getting himself sent off in the incident where Knight and Cullen were scrapping with McTominay and Hendry.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 24 Sep 2022 at 10:12pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:12pm

I'd agree with that. Browne for Cullen would have been the change 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:14pm
I think we lost Molumby's energy in midfield and he was up there with our best performers on the night but I didn't hate the change as it happened, Browne had been good for us recently 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Harsh on Browne, no? Played very well coming on against Slovakia and offers a goalscoring threat severely lacking in our other midfielders. I could've easily seen Molumby getting himself sent off in the incident where Knight and Cullen were scrapping with McTominay and Hendry.
Molumby wasn’t even booked. That’s some hypothetical to throw in. 

All Browne did was throw his hands in air for that Scotttish corner.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:20pm
parrot should of been off much earlier....maybe taking him off he might of thought it’d effect him more after that miss?
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:25pm
6 wins, 10 draws and 11 defeats from 27 games now.....he has been given time, results need to change quickly. Looking forward to the euro 24 draw next week, crucial to make a positive start to this even if it is only beating you minnows. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

6 wins, 10 draws and 11 defeats from 27 games now.....he has been given time, results need to change quickly. Looking forward to the euro 24 draw next week, crucial to make a positive start to this even if it is only beating you minnows. 

And very winnable games in that 27.

Performances improving but 4 points from 5 games is not good
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:31pm
Obafemi should’ve stayed on; Ogbene for Parrott would’ve been the better call and should’ve happened 10 mins sooner than when Parrott was actually taken off. 

Browne for Cullen, not Molumby.

Doherty was gassed and also should have gone 10 mins sooner than he did. 

All big calls, and all were incorrect, IMO. 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Obafemi should’ve stayed on; Ogbene for Parrott would’ve been the better call and should’ve happened 10 mins sooner than when Parrott was actually taken off. 

Browne for Cullen, not Molumby.

Doherty was gassed and also should have gone 10 mins sooner than he did. 

All big calls, and all were incorrect, IMO. 

Agreed.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:36pm

The Euros is all or nothing from him. The rebuild will be worth it if we qualify. If we don't he's gone. I think it's that simple now 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:49pm
Yes, obviously he needs to survive next week's game first, but assuming that goes to plan it's all going to come down to the Euros qualifiers now. It's his second full campaign so it's this one or never for him.

Edited by You Tell Me - 24 Sep 2022 at 10:50pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The Euros is all or nothing from him. The rebuild will be worth it if we qualify. If we don't he's gone. I think it's that simple now 

The issue obviously being that if he doesnt qualify then we are four years away from our next realistic chance to make it to an international tournament. There is no reason for us not to be qualifying for the Euros this time.

It's a huge gamble on a guy that has proven to be unable to get consistent results.

The performance was decent tonight, dont get me wrong, but at some point the results have to come, and I feel like that has been said many times over the past 15 or so games. 

It's a huge ask (and in my opinion a completely unrealistic ask) to suddenly expect the results to just start happening because we are finally in the Euros Quals. If anything, the pressure in those games will be far, far higher than the pressure thus far. This teams best performances have come either when there is nothing on the line, or when nobody was expecting anything. This team has always faltered under expectation.

At the start of his reign pretty much everybody assumed we would be peaking for the Euros. F*ck, even going into this Nations League people assumed we would kick on after the miserable start but promising finish to the WCQ. But here we are, one competitive game away from the start of the Euro24 quals and we cant put a string of positive results together after nearly 30 games. It hardly inspires confidence in our prospects.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:55pm
France and England being in Pot 2 is very worrying 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:05pm
i think we can all agree that overall we are now in a much better place when compared to micks reign part deux and the final couple of years under o'neill.

results may be comparable to the above but at least we're f**king enjoyable to watch.

i for one am looking forward to the draw, couldn't care less who we get as i know this team will give it a lash!
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:21pm
We are in very sticky territory here the performances have improved but the results have not.

Kenny has had time no doubt are some of the improvements down to him no doubt but similarly he has been responsible for the poor results also.

Do you stick or twist.

If the FAI were any good they would be aware of who they could potentially get in if they were to twist and way up
their options come the new year.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

i think we can all agree that overall we are now in a much better place when compared to micks reign part deux and the final couple of years under o'neill.

results may be comparable to the above but at least we're f**king enjoyable to watch.

i for one am looking forward to the draw, couldn't care less who we get as i know this team will give it a lash!

I agree to a certain extent, it's refreshing to see us play like that against an alleged superior opponent but as Zizu said, the proof of progress is ultimately results. It's success in the Euro qualifying or it will be the end of the road for him. Whether it is or not, the team is in a much better place now than when he took over
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

We are in very sticky territory here the performances have improved but the results have not.

Kenny has had time no doubt are some of the improvements down to him no doubt but similarly he has been responsible for the poor results also.

Do you stick or twist.

If the FAI were any good they would be aware of who they could potentially get in if they were to twist and way up
their options come the new year.

Personally I would twist. I can't see Kenny getting consistent results. We are consistent at being inconsistent. The end of the last qualifying campaign had us full of high hopes. This has been a poor campaign with some decent performances again giving us some hope. I don't think its enough though. It's a results business. Some guys might be happy we played well. I don't be. I be gutted we lost. And we have lost too many games.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 508509510511512 735>
  Share Topic