You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:12pm
In fairness, mods do watch out for and merge threads that are duplicates.

That being said, a poll only without comments after the 4 games given we have passed a key milestone I think would have been OK in its own. But this new poll allowed comments.

Having a poll from the past, a Stephen kenny thread and now a new poll that allowed comments, can see why as a mod you need to housekeep a little there. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 17 Jun 2022 at 7:12pm
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Liam Brady not a fan.

SportsJoe still taking quotes from elsewhere 

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 17 Jun 2022 at 7:31pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 5:02am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

In fairness, mods do watch out for and merge threads that are duplicates.

That being said, a poll only without comments after the 4 games given we have passed a key milestone I think would have been OK in its own. But this new poll allowed comments.

Having a poll from the past, a Stephen kenny thread and now a new poll that allowed comments, can see why as a mod you need to housekeep a little there. 
Excellent idea. All polls without comment, which can be elsewhere.

The current mods* and their vacuous fawners should be elsewhere too - preferably on the dark side of Pluto where they could prattle ad nauseam about Stephen, "our manager for the generations". 

*Big Strong Man, if he's a mod, excepted of course. A gentleman and a scholar.

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 11:59am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Surprised nobody had a go at him celebrating the goals. He looked too happy. How dare he!!!

Roddy Collins came to the rescue. According to him in his newspaper column, the celebrations need to be toned down. We need more discussions and depression and despair over the manager's future, that we haven't had enough of since 2009, to the extent that we can't be seen to celebrate a goal these days, let alone a game we win.

He also admitted that he got up and applauded the second goal v Scotland, in a bar in Spain. So obviously it's one rule for him and another for someone else.

That goal was Kenny's style of football in action. But long term critic Collins, is not impressed. Like most people in the past week, he insists we need to get back to playing our own unique way of smashing it up the pitch asap running around like headless chickens after it, rather than doing Guardiola impressions with the ball, that the rest of the world tries to emulate instead.

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

As I have said, this is a results business, not a possession or playing well business - and while those are nice to have, ultimately results come first. He has two big results now, probably the two biggest of his whole reign.

England lost 4-0 at home, and are staring relegation in the face. Ditto France, Wales, and the brits up north. 

It's the Nations League. Results don't matter. What does matter is Kenny is still in charge for the real qualifiers next year. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 3:08pm

John Eustace being linked to the Birmingham City job.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 3:35pm
f**k sake. How many lads have abandoned Kenny!

More coaches than Bus Eireann
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 4:56pm
Stephen Kenny’s son, Eoin, has been named in an NI under-18 squad.

Edited by Green Cockade - 19 Jul 2022 at 4:57pm
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:03pm
Without zero other details, seems a very strange one on the face of it 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:08pm
No caps being given out for these games. I'd say he's just using these matches for game time and to catch the eye of our underage set up. See here
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:22pm
Even though he technically qualifies to play for the North, it's still a bit of a strange one. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:27pm
GSTQ
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Stephen Kenny’s son, Eoin, has been named in an NI under-18 squad.

Just wait until young Eoin's oul fella sees the pre-match video they've prepared for them:

(Joke, btw, so no need for anyone to get excited)

Edited by Territorial - 19 Jul 2022 at 5:37pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:43pm
Former SF politician Elisha McCallion's son Daithí McCallion has been called up to the NI u19 squad. Thought this was a little odd. All things considered.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:55pm
Plenty of young lads getting into intl squads purely because of who their daddy is. Nepotism is as common in football as any other walk of life. I doubt he'll make it any further in the game than Morling's lad or Neville's lad or Hughton's lad or Irwin's lad or Osam's lad etc, but yeah, strange one for a serving Irish manager to have a son playing for NI. But, then again, Kenny is a bit of an eccentric, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure he knows better than anyone else whether his son would have a better chance of getting a pathway through NI or with us.

LOL at how he's posting on this thread within 5 seconds of the news being announced. Finally managed to tear himself away from posting about how much better the Scottish League is than the Irish League on Foot.ie.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
I presume the son is eligible through the mother seeing as Stephen Kenny was adopted.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 6:03pm

I presume the son is eligible through the mother seeing as Stephen Kenny was adopted.

Given his age he was probably born in Derry.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Former SF politician Elisha McCallion's son Daithí McCallion has been called up to the NI u19 squad. Thought this was a little odd. All things considered.

There are quite a few Irish first names in that squad - Daithi, Darragh, Ordhan, Eoin, Sean and another few surnames of lads without Irish names that you could say are Irish - Doherty, Brennan, Scannell, Donnelly, Barr. That's 10. 

There are enough lads who view that side as a means to play internationally, I don't think there is any denying that. We obviously have had that experience with a certain amount of English born players over the years too. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 19 Jul 2022 at 6:34pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 6:51pm

Plenty of young lads getting into intl squads purely because of who their daddy is. Nepotism is as common in football as any other walk of life. I doubt he'll make it any further in the game than Morling's lad or Neville's lad or Hughton's lad or Irwin's lad or Osam's lad etc, but yeah, strange one for a serving Irish manager to have a son playing for NI. But, then again, Kenny is a bit of an eccentric, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure he knows better than anyone else whether his son would have a better chance of getting a pathway through NI or with us.

LOL at how he's posting on this thread within 5 seconds of the news being announced. Finally managed to tear himself away from posting about how much better the Scottish League is than the Irish League on Foot.ie.

ObSEssIoN 

You should send Terri a letter written in your blood and bits of newspapers. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509 735>
  Share Topic