Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 458459460461462 735>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 9:42pm
Claret is a genuine and reasonable chap, I think he has come around Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I'm keeping me own spreadsheet for this and we have only 4 players with 50+ caps in current squads:

I'd not start any of these lads on Tuesday as we fully know what they deliver.

Only 2 other "active" players make the 50+ list in Randolph & S.Long. Mad how many late bloomers we have that could have a lot more caps (Egan, Stevens, Doherty, etc).
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I'm keeping me own spreadsheet for this and we have only 4 players with 50+ caps in current squads:

Only 2 other "active" players make the 50+ list in Randolph & S.Long. Mad how many late bloomers we have that could have a lot more caps (Egan, Stevens, Doherty, etc).

It's crazy how few caps those lads have.
Egan and Doherty should rake up the caps over the next two campaigns.  Can't say that Stevens will do likewise.

Out of the four above, I'd say Hendrick will get the most caps in the coming years.
Coleman is showing signs of losing those few percentages that make all the difference at this level (that's one of Kenny's toughest calls coming up, I feel), while McClean's time as a regular starter is surely close to the end (how many times have we said that though).
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

To be honest i was shocked when he was not shown the door after the Lux home game , but he has seen to bring the squad up and play very good football .
I did think this game was a step too far really, we  had a go and even at 2-1 down i would have said it was a good return , now to get a draw out of it was super . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

To be honest i was shocked when he was not shown the door after the Lux home game , but he has seen to bring the squad up and play very good football .
I did think this game was a step too far really, we  had a go and even at 2-1 down i would have said it was a good return , now to get a draw out of it was super . 

The Luxembourg loss, and the England one too, were big turning points for this team and to react by firing the manager without chance to turn the tide would have been a monumental miscalculation and I shudder to think we we'd be now had that terrible decision been taken.

After England, we went to the back 3 and the Lux game showed what a lack of intensity can bring.

We have settled (for now) on a formation that suits our players while playing with an intensity that rattles opponents.
The players have bought fully into it and we are seeing the outcome of that.

The NL is the big challenge - points and rankings to play for, but if we keep playing like this, we won't give away easy wins to our opponents.

Edited by Fozz - 28 Mar 2022 at 12:20pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:13pm

The Luxembourg loss, and the England one too, were big turning points for this team and to react by firing the manager without chance to turn the tide would have been a monumental miscalculation and I shudder to think we we'd be now had that terrible decision been taken.

Exactly, we'd be right back at square one. On the Groundhogs Day managerial roundabout for another 10 years playing absolute sh*te hoofball Dead
It would damage this forums' reputation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Exactly, we'd be right back at square one. On the Groundhogs Day managerial roundabout for another 10 years playing absolute sh*te hoofball Dead

There were a few calls for allardyce to replace Kenny on here during that period... can you imagine...

Absolute morons Dead

Nothing perfect yet but delighted with the strides we have made. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 10:08pm

There were a few calls for allardyce to replace Kenny on here during that period... can you imagine...

Imagine what we'd be like with Allardayce or Bruce in charge Confused
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Absolute morons Dead

Nothing perfect yet but delighted with the strides we have made. 

Ah in fairness there were some reasonable suggestions like Graham Potter and Chris Wilder - just the 2.5million a year salaries to work out LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 8:12am

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

It's crazy how few caps those lads have.
Egan and Doherty should rake up the caps over the next two campaigns.  Can't say that Stevens will do likewise.

Out of the four above, I'd say Hendrick will get the most caps in the coming years.
Coleman is showing signs of losing those few percentages that make all the difference at this level (that's one of Kenny's toughest calls coming up, I feel), while McClean's time as a regular starter is surely close to the end (how many times have we said that though).

Coleman is no longer a Premier league level player. Could still.be a decent Championship player which is no where near his peak level but still good enough to win further caps for us
Jimmykeno View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmykeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 11:28am
it's great that he is flexible too. isn't it great to have a manager who is actually willing to change to a system that suits the majority of our players and includes all our best players? making nice steady strides and they seem like a very happy camp at the moment too
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Jimmykeno Jimmykeno wrote:

it's great that he is flexible too. isn't it great to have a manager who is actually willing to change to a system that suits the majority of our players and includes all our best players? making nice steady strides and they seem like a very happy camp at the moment too

Thar was my main concern initially that he seemed to wedded to a back 4 when it clearly doesn't suit our best players and wasn't working. But now he seems able to adapt the back 5 to reflect his own style so we are doing much better and still playing good stuff.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:18am
another game where Kenny celebrated the goal too much. For shame
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 6:00am
Didn't cap Talbot. Kenny Out.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 10:49am
Kenny is a special guest tonight @7pm on loitv and will be conducting a 30min Q&A. Link below:

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Kenny is a special guest tonight @7pm on loitv and will be conducting a 30min Q&A. Link below:

Enough time for him to answer two questions.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:52pm
Today, I must admit, I just did not see coming. I can't believe the whole Kenny chatter is back on the agenda again. But when you lose to teams like Armenia after seemingly making so much progress it's understandable.

There's an exit clause in kenny's contract, so with 3 games left, what would be considered a sackable offence ... results wise?

Never thought we'd see it coming in this window but there you go.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:58pm
I thought we might have a flat performance in the heat and have to settle for a 0-0 (which would have been okayish). But a defeat against the lowest ranked side is a big setback and leaves us under a fair bit of pressure in the group after only one game. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 458459460461462 735>
  Share Topic