Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 735>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:53pm
LOLLOL
An embarrassment 
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Who would have thought a 0-0 draw at home to a team who came  for a draw would have brought about such an outpouring of emotion on the Kenny thread.LOL

The real game is on Sunday. We should be winning it and I think we will, but I wouldn't be getting too carried away about tonight. Need to go and beat Luxembourg now.

Holy f**k are you Liam Brady by any chance.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:55pm

Who would have thought a 0-0 draw at home to a team who came  for a draw would have brought about such an outpouring of emotion on the Kenny thread.LOL

The real game is on Sunday. We should be winning it and I think we will, but I wouldn't be getting too carried away about tonight. Need to go and beat Luxembourg now.

Will ye go off and have a w*** and give it a rest on here

Edited by Wheelo - 11 Nov 2021 at 9:55pm
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:56pm
I want Kenny to succeed more than anyone, but we've got to be beating Luxembourg regardless of this.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:56pm
I like Liam Brady so I’m surprised at his view on this match….that performance was good in my opinion we tried and succeeded in playing ball against a very good team I feel the lads did very well.
…possible question mark over the last two substitutes.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by DR.HUGO DR.HUGO wrote:

I like Liam Brady so I’m surprised at his view on this match….that performance was good in my opinion we tried and succeeded in playing ball against a very good team I feel the lads did very well.
…possible question mark over the last two substitutes.

Yes. The substitutions were very poor.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

A Portugal team with world class players and you could see the frustration on each of their faces. So cmon, credit where credit is due.

They were happy enough with the point, as were we. I'm certainly not criticising the team, they were grand, but I wouldnt be reading too much into a game where a draw suits both teams. Sunday is a different matter - Luxembourg are a weaker team obviously, but it will give us a much better idea of where we're at.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:58pm

are you actually fecking seriousTongueLOLLOLTongueLOL

maybe saying we played them off the park is a little too far… but we were certainly the better team!! are u seriously saying u cant see what is happening with this team under Kenny!????
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

are u seriously saying u cant see what is happening with this team under Kenny!????

I don't think I said anything like that. But again, unlike others, I wouldn't be getting carried away by a draw in a game where a draw suited everyone.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:03pm
what was brady saying
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:03pm
We had a goal ruled out in the last minute for no reason whatsoever. A couple lads would do well to remember that.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:05pm
Very impressed with that. 

We do still need to be beating Luxembourg, but a draw in the context of this result wouldnt be a disaster.

Enough signs of progression for him to get the Euros.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Liam Brady has a serious attitude 

He is making a decent argument. I don't agree with it but there is logic to it. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:09pm
Some people will be unimpressed with Stephen Kenny until he wins the world cup and Euros back to back with players from league 2.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Some people will be unimpressed with Stephen Kenny until he wins the world cup and Euros back to back with players from league 2.

Nah they still wouldn't be happy
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:22pm
Turned the campaign around enough for me, other than a complete embarrassment by Luxembour again (which I don't see) there should be no question he continues
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:26pm
Did ok tonight but Portugal didn't really care too much. If we finish 4th in the group then he should not be kept on. 6 points, 7 points or 9 points from a campaign is a brutal return and would get any other previous manager of Ireland sacked.

However, if we beat Luxembourg then I would leave him there for a few more matches to see how we do under him. I'd agree with Liam Brady here. There is no need in giving him a large contract extension yet when it could easily backfire badly.

Edited by grannyrule - 11 Nov 2021 at 11:26pm
The only way is up
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:29pm
Not really, how about we not be out of the qualification running after four games. I’d be happy with that. We didn’t go for it tonight, passed backwards too much. Maybe your happy losing to Luxembourg at home etc etc but I’m not. Kenny out of his depth but by hook or by crook he has a good back room team in after departure of duff & kelly. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 735>
  Share Topic