Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407408409 735>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:13am
Because it was JD contract
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

the star saying he might not get a deal until next June !!!!
makes sense, his current contract isn't up until June

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 14 Oct 2021 at 10:15am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

No rush whats so ever to give Kenny an extension as he is not going anywhere unless Dundalk come in for him and i can't see that happening .

Time is on the FAIs side and hope they do things right this time which will be a first .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

No rush whats so ever to give Kenny an extension as he is not going anywhere unless Dundalk come in for him and i can't see that happening .

Time is on the FAIs side and hope they do things right this time which will be a first .

For context....whats Baraclough on?

We need to get real with out finances.

Big selling point of a hone grown manager is that they ought to be cheap.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

He is significantly cheaper than what came before him, significantly. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:28am

Pathetic little jibe there Murph. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:28am

why should a home grown manager be any cheaper than a 'foreign' one? what because hes from Ireland lets give him 300 grand less than say an Italian one. Some logic.
I love beer gardens
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:32am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

why should a home grown manager be any cheaper than a 'foreign' one? what because hes from Ireland lets give him 300 grand less than say an Italian one. Some logic.

Yes. You pay them what the market dictates.

MON in 2014 commanded a big salary. Rightly or wrongly. He'd have got a big contract in England. Trap was good money in RB Leipzig.

Kenny was 100k thereabouts. 250k was and is plenty.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:33am
My view is that they should make a decision in November, either piss or get off the pot. Either give him a new contract up to and including Euro 24 (if we get there) or replace him before the end of the year. We don't need another 6 months of uncertainty and sniping. This awarding of contracts that expire at ridiculous times is annoying, mid Nations League campaign is stupid (as was the decision not to give Mick the play off that he earned). I'm pro Kenny getting the extension, I think the progress since the training camp in June of this year has been evident and we are heading in the right direction. Hopefully we can end the campaign on a high note, the FAI have their review meeting and the new contract is awarded. Then we can all move on with certainty and end all this divisive rhetoric.
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:33am
If it’s not performances it’s results, if it’s not results it’s performances, if it’s neither it’s his wages. 
Another day, same sh*te 

Edited by 9fingers - 14 Oct 2021 at 10:35am
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

My view is that they should make a decision in November, either piss or get off the pot. Either give him a new contract up to and including Euro 24 (if we get there) or replace him before the end of the year. We don't need another 6 months of uncertainty and sniping. This awarding of contracts that expire at ridiculous times is annoying, mid Nations League campaign is stupid (as was the decision not to give Mick the play off that he earned). I'm pro Kenny getting the extension, I think the progress since the training camp in June of this year has been evident and we are heading in the right direction. Hopefully we can end the campaign on a high note, the FAI have their review meeting and the new contract is awarded. Then we can all move on with certainty and end all this divisive rhetoric.

Agree. Except mick didn't earn the play off.

We were in it regardless. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:37am

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Agree. Except mick didn't earn the play off.

We were in it regardless. 

Fair enough, you know what I mean though, he should have been allowed see out the campaign in full in my view and that's coming from somebody who was pro Kenny getting the job. I just think the timing was stupid.
Idah Dream!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:44am
it wasn’t the fai’s only daft decision.
No Pasaran!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:49am
Cleaned up - posts deleted. 

Should probably delete the whole thread Ermm

Edited by McG - 14 Oct 2021 at 10:50am
AS YOU WERE McGx

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:28am
From Daniel McDonnell...hate this sources say crap though....

"The contract situation for Stephen Kenny should be pretty straightforward right now. Unless he suffers a catastrophic November, then only an act of idiocy from the FAI board stands in the way of the Dubliner getting the chance to lead Ireland into the Euro 2024 campaign.

To say this is not to definitively state that Kenny’s double-header win proves beyond all doubt that he is the man to bring Ireland to a major tournament. But it’s worth finding out if he is the answer, with the evidence of the eyes pointing to steady improvement and a dressing room buy-in to what this management team are trying to achieve.

The argument for ripping it up and starting again is almost devoid of credibility at this point, and that’s a belief that is shared in influential corners of the FAI boardroom where lists of alternative candidates proposed have drawn derision rather than excitement."

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:33am

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Yes. You pay them what the market dictates.

MON in 2014 commanded a big salary. Rightly or wrongly. He'd have got a big contract in England. Trap was good money in RB Leipzig.

Kenny was 100k thereabouts. 250k was and is plenty.

There wasn't many clubs queuing up for MON's services in 2014 and he would have struggled to get a decent job in the championship. Bought badly, did sweet FA on the training ground and would have been relegated only for bringing in DiCanio the year he was sacked.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:36am

Makes no sense whatsoever. No point waiting until the last minute to renew a contract especially when there's games in March. Either back him or replace him to give a new manager time to plan for the nation's league.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:37am
Dan McDonnell is a really poor journalist when it comes to the Ireland team. Just can't hide his biases at all, it was the same (but the opposite) when Trap was in charge and the FAI really did seem to take advantage of it at the time.

I mean "an act of idiocy"?! That's way over the top given what we have had to endure in the last year. Maybe if he was writing for the Sun but he isn't. I mean, Kenny will probably get his contract in the end, you would think on more realistic terms in respect of his market value given there's a different CEO in place now, but the FAI are entitled to make their decision either way without having that sort of nonsense thrown at them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407408409 735>
  Share Topic