You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 735>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 4:39pm
Forgot about Kloso, good goal at the weekend, but haven't his allegiances been questioned? As you say, strange move by Luton to let him go out on loan.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 4:52pm
I think the RB situation is indicative of the problem with previous regimes and that's why I remain willing to give Kenny every chance. Striker situation is similar, Collins 30, Robinson 26 and then a plethora of U-21s. We really have very few squad players between the ages of 22 and 27 and that imo bears testament to the lack of squad building efforts by the last few managers. It's not so much that Kenny is blooding the players, it's the fact that he has been left with no real choice that places me firmly in his corner. That lack of effort has left us in a difficult position and sums up the dangers of the "qualification at all costs and to hell with the bigger picture" approach. Not sure he'll get the time tbh, but anybody who cant see the structural problems he has inherited is burying their head in the sand.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Forgot about Kloso, good goal at the weekend, but haven't his allegiances been questioned? As you say, strange move by Luton to let him go out on loan.

Think someone asked him about international football and he talked about how he could represent both Ireland or the DR Congo. Probably will play for the DR Congo if he doesn't get called up for us.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:11pm
The best thing the FAI could do now is to extend his contract before the squad comes into camp for the fixtures next month to give everyone certainty and I think regardless of the side of the argument you are on you’d agree with that.

It gives everyone an end goal of Euro 24 and put this campaign behind us. The players need something to motivate them with not the most attractive of double headers on the cards.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

The best thing the FAI could do now is to extend his contract before the squad comes into camp for the fixtures next month to give everyone certainty and I think regardless of the side of the argument you are on you’d agree with that.

It gives everyone an end goal of Euro 24 and put this campaign behind us. The players need something to motivate them with not the most attractive of double headers on the cards.

That would be absolutely the worst thing to do 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:06pm

If you're on the side that you think Kenny is the wrong man for the job why on earth would you agree with that? Personally I'd like him sacked before the next camp so that we don't have to waste another international window with him in charge. Failing that we can hopefully get rid of him at the end of the campaign, but if he is still in charge in 2022 we will likely have many more dark days ahead sadly.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If you're on the side that you think Kenny is the wrong man for the job why on earth would you agree with that? Personally I'd like him sacked before the next camp so that we don't have to waste another international window with him in charge. Failing that we can hopefully get rid of him at the end of the campaign, but if he is still in charge in 2022 we will likely have many more dark days ahead sadly.
But the sun will shine without him LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

its unrealLOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:17pm

That would be extremely unwise.  Firstly nobody is going to be after Kenny regardless.  Certainly nobody better than the Ireland job. He will not jump ship.  Secondly his performace as manager is massively in doubt. 1 win in 16 games!  That's appalling.  Let's see how he gets on in these few games.

Imagine the FAI gave him a new contract and we lost against Luxembourg and get hammered by Portugal for example.  It would then cost them money they dont have to sack him.

Kenny needs to prove himself and there are serious question marks over his ability at this level. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

its unrealLOL

The squad is brutal, midfield and attack are a horror story. Our best chance of a forward fell short against Liverpools u18s ffs.

You're looking at about 2 years of building and no manager in his right mind would want the job for less than the market value we can offer.

Maybe people are right and Kenny is not up to it, I dont know... But I am sure that the players available are definitely not up to it. Maybe a small amount of the responsibility should be on their shoulders. 

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:41pm
This again, he was up against 35mn powerhouse Ibrahim konate who is a beast and England's quickest centre back in joe gomez. sl*g adam off if u wish, but he absolutely was not playing vs liverpoll under 18s.
Idah Dream!
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:42pm

This again, he was up against 35mn powerhouse Ibrahim konate who is a beast and England's quickest centre back in joe gomez. sl*g adam off if u wish, but he absolutely was not playing vs liverpoll under 18s.

How many senior goals has he scored?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Wikipedia is your friend, who is better?

Idah Dream!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:48pm
I'm pro (give him chance) Kenny, but I genuinely think Kenny is one of the very few managers who would currently have Idah starting for Ireland. 

Not denying his potential, but over the last 2 years I just do not see what Kenny is seeing that guarantees him a start whenever he's fit.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:50pm

There are players in L1 and obove playing regularly who.ought to be ahead of him

He was a dud at championship too

I honestly think he'd struggle to score regularly in L1

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I'm pro (give him chance) Kenny, but I genuinely think Kenny is one of the very few managers who would currently have Idah starting for Ireland. 

Not denying his potential, but over the last 2 years I just do not see what Kenny is seeing that guarantees him a start whenever he's fit.

so who should be? still waiting for a response from all of adams detractors!

Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

My only thinking would be do we have anyone else who'll do the David McGoldrick role of trying to hold the ball up better. I know Kenny has stated before that's why he brought Troy into the squad last year ahead of other strikers when McGoldrick was injured, and wouldn't mind seeing him play up front with another striker against Azerbaijan over Idah. He's playing week in week out, but would you play him with.

Plus when Idah has been fit since we've switched formation I don't think Robinson has been fit who started with Connolly up front. If everyone is fit then it's gonna be hard for Kenny to justify starting him when Robinson and Connolly played well together against Serbia in the first game.

Edited by J89 - 22 Sep 2021 at 8:45am
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:04pm

There are players in L1 and obove playing regularly who.ought to be ahead of him

He was a dud at championship too

I honestly think he'd struggle to score regularly in L1

Who are these mythical players in League 1 that are better than him? Daniel Farke seems to rate him since he's got minutes in every game bar one this year and no one is going to displace Pukki from the side
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 735>
  Share Topic