Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 735>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LF, it's the results that will keep or sack a manager no matter who , and like i said many times once fans and the media turn against the manager it's only going to end one way . 

I’m a Kenny fan - hope he does well. 

What are expectations for the two upcoming friendlies? Weakened squad and end of season friendliest aren’t usually a recipe for good games or performances but given we’re we are, not beating Andorra wouldn’t be great.
I’d say there’s one or two on this thread who secretly want us to lose to Andorra. Expectations are very low. This is by far the weakest Ireland team I can remember. We are a poor team at the moment. We were absolutely garbage in the Euro 2020 qualifiers under Mick. I feel we’ve been playing better under Kenny but still can’t beat anyone. I’ve every confidence that results will slowly improve under Kenny.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 27 May 2021 at 9:20pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

It makes a nice change watching us actually hold on to the ball and pass it. The results will come!

ClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LF, it's the results that will keep or sack a manager no matter who , and like i said many times once fans and the media turn against the manager it's only going to end one way . 

I’m a Kenny fan - hope he does well. 

What are expectations for the two upcoming friendlies? Weakened squad and end of season friendliest aren’t usually a recipe for good games or performances but given we’re we are, not beating Andorra wouldn’t be great.
I’d say there’s one or two on this thread who secretly want us to lose to Andorra. Expectations are very low. This is by far the weakest Ireland team I can remember. We are a poor team at the moment. We were absolutely garbage in the Euro 2020 qualifiers under Mick. I feel we’ve been playing better under Kenny but still can’t beat anyone. I’ve every confidence that results will slowly improve under Kenny.

No one is going into this Andorra game, hoping we get beat.

I like Kenny but my confidence in him has lowered alot with results and performances. 

What I would say though, for a long time, we have performed better in meaningless friendly games from Bulgaria, New Zealand to Qatar. 

I think there is an element of our key players can't take the responsibility or pressure of our competitive games. Maybe its because they don't play for big clubs. 

Hendrick being one i'd pick out and he has took his international form into the club game. 

We put in a good performance against Serbia as there was no pressure on us. 

We play against Luxembourg and we just can't create or add urgency. As the clock runs down you can sense and see the belief just running out of our players. It doesn't help we don't have a player of real quality that can just step up and bail us out of jail. 

This has its origin in the Denmark 5-1 defeat. After that game, its very hard to think of a competitive game were we really played well the whole game. Maybe Slovakia away but we still lacked composure in front of goal.

The big chance in Slovakia, if Hourihane is in a Villa or Swansea shirt in the same position in a league game, he scores.

Maybe the damage of that game has had a huge effect. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Maybe the damage of that game has had a huge effect. 

That game was huge and to think we really should have won it had we had a tiny bit more composure.
I feel it's left a mark on the management and players.
But they need to move past it now (and well before now) and start getting results.

We'll beat Andorra comfortably and then let's see what we can do against the Hungarians who will be well up for it as they will be fighting for places in the starting team.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:11am
Will Kenny be dancing a jig on the sideline if we beat Andorra 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 8:58am
I think most of the time you don't take too much out of friendlies , kind of give the new guys a bit of a run change ideas try something new .
Now these two games we will have a change in players at a guess he will throw in a couple of new faces for the Andorra game and take the Hungary with the tried and tested .
I would say in the whole country you will have one or two who want Ireland to lose but i doubt very much anyone on this board would be any of them .

The massive games were Serbia and Lux and we lost both of them and now the talk is lets not finish 4th in the group , i still want us beat Portugal home and away Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 3:46pm
Only seen this today. Never noticed the eye movement until I seen this. Has him off to a tee LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:07pm
No apres match for the Euros Broken Heart
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:45pm
Bit over the top there if you ask me. I wud have no idea who he was impersonating there unless i was told. 

Edited by doherty - 31 May 2021 at 8:45pm
I love beer gardens
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Bit over the top there if you ask me. I wud have no idea who he was impersonating there unless i was told. 

Reminds me of the skangers I see daily passing by going to the methadone clinic up the road.............Stephen Kenny? meh not really no
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Spot on. He isn't the most difficult to impersonate and there is potentially lots of material so that was a poor attempt. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:05am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Only seen this today. Never noticed the eye movement until I seen this. Has him off to a tee LOL

I laughed me ass off as it was just so bonkers but also relatable to Kenny's interviews. The voice is not sounding bang on but the mannerisms and the impressions, despite being a little over the top, (he looks like he is blind in one eye!), altogether it is so ridiculous that its quite funny and as I say heir, relatable to SK's interviews
Augustus Gloop View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augustus Gloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 4:27pm
What we need, is to give Kenny enough time to find 11 players who can do a job. He inherited a squad from Mick that has needed a transformation from top to bottom.

So far Jason Knight, Josh Cullen and Darragh O'Shea have passed the audition. Molumby looks like he needs more club experience but might eventually get there. 
Alan Browne, O'Dowda, Matt Doherty, Duffy, Idah, Ciaran Clarke have so far failed the audition.
We need to hope Omobamidele, Szmodics, or McGrath can stake a claim. But given time, I believe Kenny can find 11 young hungry players, who know their role, and can come in and do a job and gain more experience each time. 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 4:55pm
I was just looking at the line up we had for the u21 game vs Sweden in september 2019 to see which players Kenny has already fast tracked to the seniors

In that squad we had -

Bazunu 
Molumby
Kelleher
Parrott
Idah 
Knight
Mandroiu
Connolly
Oshea 

All of which have now been promoted to seniors.

That's a pretty drastic change considering we were playing a lot of players coming to the very end of their careers like Shane Long, Glenn Whelan, Randolph, mcclean etc

Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Augustus Gloop Augustus Gloop wrote:

What we need, is to give Kenny enough time to find 11 players who can do a job. He inherited a squad from Mick that has needed a transformation from top to bottom.

So far Jason Knight, Josh Cullen and Darragh O'Shea have passed the audition. Molumby looks like he needs more club experience but might eventually get there. 
Alan Browne, O'Dowda, Matt Doherty, Duffy, Idah, Ciaran Clarke have so far failed the audition.
We need to hope Omobamidele, Szmodics, or McGrath can stake a claim. But given time, I believe Kenny can find 11 young hungry players, who know their role, and can come in and do a job and gain more experience each time. 

I mean you could literally say that about any manager. In international football you can pretty much bet that you won't ever have your best 11.

In all honesty a good manager makes the team a better sum of their parts.

But i do like he is picking players for a style of play such as McGrath than just picking all the players playing for prem and championship clubs
IrishKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:48pm
He's literally comparing himself to a Japanese woman in another sport!! I'm done now, man can't even talk,get rid and I've kept my mouth shut the whole time,he's a failure,time to move on.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by IrishKeano IrishKeano wrote:

He's literally comparing himself to a Japanese woman in another sport!! I'm done now, man can't even talk,get rid and I've kept my mouth shut the whole time,he's a failure,time to move on.

What's this now  ?   
What fresh madness do we have   ?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by IrishKeano IrishKeano wrote:

LOL 

Sushi!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 735>
  Share Topic