You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 735>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:05pm
Now that Delaney has been ousted; what implications does it have on Kenny’s promotion to senior manager next year?

I think I recall reading that nothing was put in writing - open to correction. It was more of a gentleman’s agreement 

I doubt anyone here has the answer or know who will have the power in making that decision in 12 months time but thought of it when he was described as next Senior manager during the match today
Sponsored Links

Trevor.ie View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Now that Delaney has been ousted; what implications does it have on Kenny’s promotion to senior manager next year?

I think I recall reading that nothing was put in writing - open to correction. It was more of a gentleman’s agreement 

I doubt anyone here has the answer or know who will have the power in making that decision in 12 months time but thought of it when he was described as next Senior manager during the match today

Thought it was put in writing?
Its Keane Yes
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Trevor.ie Trevor.ie wrote:

Yep, see this now 

Shouldn’t change things so Thumbs Up
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by Trevor.ie Trevor.ie wrote:

Yep, see this now 

Shouldn’t change things so Thumbs Up

Even if it hadn't been put in writing, there was a verbal contract in place that would have legal standing. I don't think there was any reason to worry once it was announced, no real way out of it for the FAI.
We're decent enough..
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:45pm
He fell ill in Sweden and is in hospital over there. Get well soon Stephen. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:54pm
"Stephen expects to be discharged in the coming days and is looking forward to beginning preparations ahead of the two European Under-21 Championship qualifiers next month"

Per the FAI.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:18pm
hope hes ok and its nothing serious.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He was reading sirmolexorials  bolloxology about him and Mick on here when it happened LOL
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He was reading sirmolexorials  bolloxology about him and Mick on here when it happened LOL

Nope apparently Jim Gavin rang him looking for advice.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:04pm
taken to hospital from airport in Sweden. Felt unwell before game. Hope he ok
alive and kicking
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

taken to hospital from airport in Sweden. Felt unwell before game. Hope he ok

Jaysus...hope it's not the ticker
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:18pm
Get well soon Stephen.  
AKA pedantic kunt
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:55pm
Clap Get well soon
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:30pm
Interesting from the Independent here:

Indeed, there were even suggestions that some FAI officials had expressed concerns about Kenny's communication skills. Those words didn't go unnoticed by those close to Kenny. Nor have the extra pairs of eyes that have turned up to watch some of his press conferences.

If that’s true, it’s totally laughable. Kenny is one of the clearest communicators I can think of in football. He actually speaks with vision.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:01pm
I think there's a bit of a scramble to find some angle of attack against Kenny from certain quarters. I wouldn't call him charismatic or witty in the way that McCarthy is, but I'd agree with you that he's a pretty reasonable communicator.
We're decent enough..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:59pm
mccarthy has the charisma of a spade... those “witty” simple one line answers he comes out with are beyond cringe
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:01pm
If you say so, the general consensus in the football world would be that he's a very likeable guy though. That's not saying anything about his managerial ability, just the man himself.

Edited by The O'Shea - 12 Sep 2019 at 11:01pm
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

mccarthy has the charisma of a spade... those “witty” simple one line answers he comes out with are beyond cringe
It is all subjective. For example, I would say the term  'beyond cringe' is, well, exactly that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 735>
  Share Topic