You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 735>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 6:48pm
I usually laugh at jokes
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I usually laugh at jokes
It was Baldrick though
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I usually laugh at jokes

Not by me. The lads are making a joke.  Nobody actually thinks Gerry Peyton is going to get the job. I suggested his name a while back and now it’s become a reoccurring joke. 
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 9:47pm
Have a fortnight this time.

Edited by Sham157 - 06 Feb 2021 at 10:18pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm
poor auld avfc trying to plug a proper man's man documentary LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:40pm
duffer didn’t say much now on Rte. obvious though of why he went. Subtle dig at Alan Kelly I think saying we have an upgrade in Kiely.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

duffer didn’t say much now on Rte. obvious though of why he went. Subtle dig at Alan Kelly I think saying we have an upgrade in Kiely.   

Was wondering if that was what he meant. Could certainly be taken that way. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:19pm

Is he blaming Kenny? Said he had no choice but to leave and wouldn't have felt right to stay.....did he have a row with him or something?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Is he blaming Kenny? Said he had no choice but to leave and wouldn't have felt right to stay.....did he have a row with him or something?

Maybe it wasn’t obvious so.   No I think his issue is with the FAI for how they dealt with the complaint and secondly with those who made the complaint. I am guessing that he felt he couldn’t work in such an environment where you have to second guess yourself and simple things like that are going to invite complaints and possibly be investigated.  I am guessing it was a culture at work issue. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:33pm

I think it was fairly clear he was blaming how the fai treated the situation and not Kenny. As mentioned above seemed like a little dig at Alan Kelly but hard to know if it was just the way he phrased it or not. The 42 have an article on it already which makes it look a lot more obvious of a dig but having watched it very hard to judge.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:33pm
 “I appreciate that you have to ask but I don’t have a lot to say,” the 41-year-old told presenter Darragh Maloney.

“I know I’ve made the right decision because not one (moment) has passed when I’ve regretted it.

“I know it’s not ideal for the manager but at the same time it gives him the chance to bring in a better coach.

I’m not sure is that a dig at Kelly 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm
that’s not the full quote.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:40pm
no but it’s the part that pertains to coaching.
I can’t see any dig at Kelly

“The only person who has lost out is me by walking away. You’re soon forgotten; I’m sure staff and players don’t have a problem with it now. It’s water under the bridge.

I’ve given up the chance of coaching elite players, which doesn’t come around too often.

“I’ve probably lost a lot of focus as well, which a lot of ex-players tell you that you need in your life.

“I felt strongly about things and I would have been unhappy with things had I stayed. It’s as simple as that.

“I know football people want to know, I’d be the same, but at the same time, I just want to keep it private.

“Even two weeks ago when you guys told me I was going to be asked about it, I was like ‘really?”

I’ve given up the chance of coaching elite players, which doesn’t come around too often.

“I’ve probably lost a lot of focus as well, which a lot of ex-players tell you that you need in your life.

“I felt strongly about things and I would have been unhappy with things had I stayed. It’s as simple as that.

“I know football people want to know, I’d be the same, but at the same time, I just want to keep it private.

“Even two weeks ago when you guys told me I was going to be asked about it, I was like ‘really?”

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:47pm
“ I know it's not ideal for the manager but it's a chance for him to bring in a better coach than me. He's done it already on the goalkeeping side..."

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Feb 2021 at 8:47pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm
not sure where you are getting your quotes from by the way. 

Did you watch it ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

no but it’s the part that pertains to coaching.
I can’t see any dig at Kelly

“The only person who has lost out is me by walking away. You’re soon forgotten; I’m sure staff and players don’t have a problem with it now. It’s water under the bridge.

Try watching the video for yourself.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:11pm

not sure where you are getting your quotes from by the way. 

Did you watch it ? 
That’s from the examiner I was only going on the article.
It does appear from what your saying as a dig at Kelly

Edited by Fruice - 16 Feb 2021 at 9:13pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I think it was fairly clear he was blaming how the fai treated the situation and not Kenny. As mentioned above seemed like a little dig at Alan Kelly but hard to know if it was just the way he phrased it or not. The 42 have an article on it already which makes it look a lot more obvious of a dig but having watched it very hard to judge.

Its a strange one. Walking out of the new management team without any comment at the time makes it look it's the management team itself he has a problem with, not the FAI. He could have registered disgust with the FAI in other ways than this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 735>
  Share Topic