You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 226227228229230 735>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Rolled my eyes when I saw 49 new posts on this thread, expected them all to be utter garbage.

But Lawrie Sanchez is a POTY contender LOL

Coming onto this thread is like getting trapped in one of Dante's circles of hell.

A hypothetical vacancy arises at a League 2 club. They received 2 CVS. One from Sanchez and one from kenny. Who will be ranked first?

The Sanchez example was very left field but the fact he has a bigger pedigree than Kenny just shows how unqualified Kenny is for the job. 

We all want him to succeed but it is s a car crash in sliw motion. His critics on here are stating the obvious. 

Sponsored Links

DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:23pm
SK has got a feel for things in what has to be admitted a poor start to his leading the lads.
The next test is WCQ and he deserves every chance to qualify us we should all get behind him.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Rolled my eyes when I saw 49 new posts on this thread, expected them all to be utter garbage.

But Lawrie Sanchez is a POTY contender LOL

Coming onto this thread is like getting trapped in one of Dante's circles of hell.

A hypothetical vacancy arises at a League 2 club. They received 2 CVS. One from Sanchez and one from kenny. Who will be ranked first?

The Sanchez example was very left field but the fact he has a bigger pedigree than Kenny just shows how unqualified Kenny is for the job. 

We all want him to succeed but it is s a car crash in sliw motion. His critics on here are stating the obvious. 

Since Laurie relegated Apollenn in his last job 8 years ago now, Kenny has won 4 league titles, 2 FAI cups, 3 League cups, won 4 manager of the year awards and guided
Dundalk to their first EL campaign, and then left the u21's top of the qualifying group.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the game has not been played and we have not lost to Luxembourg.  So you are firing a man for a game that has not even happened.  
It's called speculation, opinion, comment - it's rife on football forums, or hadn't you noticed while regaling your buddies with ripper yarns about your mickey and your sore hole?

LOLLOLLOL

I did find that one very funny , take a bow Mr Brick Thumbs Up

Look i think Brick and AV have very valid points, Kenny is not the messiah which some make out he is . 

March is massive for the country , we can put oursleves in a good postion with 4 to 6 points in the two games , now on the flip side if we only manage 1 or 0 points and it's all but game over .

Time will tell one way or the other .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:13pm
Who has made him out to be the messiah Murph? You have resorted to telling lies, get a grip would you.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:16pm

Give the man a chance Benny. Murph, name the people who claim Kenny is the messiah? 
El Puto Amo
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOL
You’re a great addition to this forum AVFC

He’s not. Reading the last few pages, it’s clear he’s a wum.

Differing opinions are good - but the last few pages have are a joke, this lad is just boring now 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Give the man a chance Benny. Murph, name the people who claim Kenny is the messiah? 

ClapClap
AKA pedantic kunt
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOL
You’re a great addition to this forum AVFC

He’s not. Reading the last few pages, it’s clear he’s a wum.

Differing opinions are good - but the last few pages have are a joke, this lad is just boring now 
This forum definitely needs a sarcasm emoji, I'm certain 9F would have used it. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 7:12am
I for one welcome Lawrie Sanchez and his overlords to the fold.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:06am

ClapClap
Ok nobody named him as the messiah or other false gods , but give a year or two to look back over this and other threads and i will find something for you . Big smileBig smileBig smile

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

ClapClap
Ok nobody named him as the messiah or other false gods , but give a year or two to look back over this and other threads and i will find something for you . Big smileBig smileBig smile

So you have admitted you lied and are talking sh*t to suit your agenda.  
AKA pedantic kunt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:12am

I was happy with Kennys appointment. Previously we were regressing at a fairly alarming rate and the plan seemed to be “more of the same”. We needed a fresh approach. 

His tenure so far has been poor. Some reasons are out of his hands and others he should take responsibility for. No wins and a shortage of goals for example. However, can you compare his performance to his predecessors who have had to manage through a pandemic? 
The Covid absentee list have made a farce of preparations and thats not his fault. But at least he is trying to make positive changes.
Perhaps that is another criticism to level at him - his attempt to modernise our style after decades of neglect against a backdrop of a cohort of naysayers is possibly insurmountable. Why don’t we pack it in and just play GAA instead. “Jaysis, we can’t even enjoy that anymore with all the tiki taka hand passing sh1te.”

Now you can continue to whinge about Kenny and the team but remember, there is no viable alternative for the foreseeable future. So unless you are prepared to donate a sizeable sum of cash to the FAI, then all your negativity is doing is irritating a few people on an Irish football supporters Internet forum. 

El Puto Amo
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

ClapClap

So you have admitted you lied and are talking sh*t to suit your agenda.  

It's fair to say that the likes of Richie Sadlier (amongst others in the media) who was an ardent critic of Traps and MONs style and flippant of their results has been very lenient on Kenny thus far. Had MON endured the run of form that Kenny has been on then he would be on thin ice as would any manager. Jack was going very well until the Spring of 95 and the results only went bad from June to Nov and he was out the door.  The media have constantly kept up the narrative that he is 'building for the future' and has been 'unlucky'. I have found the defenders of Kenny on here to get very personal should anyone dare to point out the obvious. We are fans of the national team who harbour real fears that Kenny is not up to this. I have been very unimpressed with his tactical set up also. Playing out from the back with short passes between Duffy and Randolph is madness. Most of the passes under Kenny occur in our own half. Our territorial stats (an under appreciated stat) would not be good. We don't get the ball into the oppositions danger zone. Pointing to some near misses is a cop out, you will always have near misses. Defensively we look very open under Kenny. We made Finland look very decent. A Portugal or even a Serbia in top gear would carve us open.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:25am
what’s that got to do with Murph making up stories and lying to suit his agenda 
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:27am

He didn't make up anything, Kenny was ushered in as a man who would transform us into a footballing side who play 433 and dominate possession. This has been the narrative. We recognise it as BS and we are not afraid to state that.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:33am

He didn't make up anything, Kenny was ushered in as a man who would transform us into a footballing side who play 433 and dominate possession. This has been the narrative. We recognise it as BS and we are not afraid to state that.

He said that people claimed Kenny was the messiah but cant find one post on here where someone said that.  its classic strawman style argument.  

Edited by Baldrick - 26 Jan 2021 at 10:53am
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:37am

He said that people claimed Kenny was the messiah but cant find one post on here where someone said that   its classic strowman style argument.  

Kenny was ushered in as a man who would transform us into a footballing side who play 433 and dominate possession. He was akin to a messiah, he was speaking figuratively.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 226227228229230 735>
  Share Topic