Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:05pm
so lads want Kenny gone based on matches that will happen in the future that we do not know the result of.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

so lads want Kenny gone based on matches that will happen in the future that we do not know the result of.  

We need to vote Sinn Fein outa power now as they've really messed up that Covid26 fiasco.

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:09pm

IMHO Kenny wouldn't last pissing time in English League Football. He's had a reasonable time from the media thus far, WCQ are a different ball game, the heat is about to be seriously turned up in the Spring. I think he'll crack early.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

IMHO Kenny wouldn't last pissing time in English League Football. He's had a reasonable time from the media thus far, WCQ are a different ball game, the heat is about to be seriously turned up in the Spring. I think he'll crack early.

Sounds like you are wishing it to happen.   True supporters get behind the team and then if things don’t go well at the end of the camping express their views. 

You seem to want to preempt that based on a prejudiced view he is not up to the job. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:36pm
Were any of the Kenny detractors impressed with how he had the Under 21s playing? Many countries promote their national managers based on that work alone. So I don't get why he's labelled with only successful in a mickey mouse league like the LOI. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:47pm
the game has not been played and we have not lost to Luxembourg.  So you are firing a man for a game that has not even happened.  
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:55pm

Sounds like you are wishing it to happen.   True supporters get behind the team and then if things don’t go well at the end of the camping express their views. 

You seem to want to preempt that based on a prejudiced view he is not up to the job. 

Not wishing it, that is pathetic. I am behind the team, which why I was so infuriated.

Not pre-empting anything, just passing judgement on 8 games coupled with no to top level experience and his two biggest jobs being failures.

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Keep Kenny on for as long as he wants ..................

I would say give 12 years at $150,000 a year sure everybody would be happy on here apart from a few that is .

Strawman argument used when you know you have lost the debate.  Nobody is saying that.  Most are saying things need to
Improve and that a review should be carried out at the end of the qualifiers. 

It’s a small tiny cohort on here who want a dismissal now after 8 games.  Crazy stuff. 
It's difficult to see Kenny surviving two defeats in March. We would almost certainly not qualify. Despite the dire financial situation, losing at home to Luxembourg might be a bridge too far for the FAI. No one wants to see Kenny (ie Ireland) fail - it's his ability to succeed that's under debate. 
So you think the fai would be able to afford sacking Kenny after two games and then pay another manager for the remainder of a campaign that there would be absolutely 0% chance of salvaging if we lose the first two games? What planet have you been living on?
The same planet as you. The one that has witnessed the biggest downturn in Irish international football in 50 years. The same one that - in the scenario I outlined  - could leave Ireland with one goal in 10 games and close to WC death. Results keep the game and the finances afloat - not tactical daydreams. If fans were allowed in March there would follow a massive backlash if Luxembourg won. So much peripheral industry depends on a competitive international side.  The FAI would come under pressure to act and likely seek sponsorship for change - despite the small chances of qualifying. 
It seems like your in dreamland if anything. IF fans were allowed in, IF we lose to Luxembourg, IF the fai could afford it. I can tell you for a fact that two out of those three are certainly not happening and who knows what the result against Luxembourg will be. Your completely missing the point that even if we do lose the first two games the fai would have to pay off Kenny, pay a new manager and as for seeking sponsorship you just be codding yourself to think that an association who can’t even get a main sponsor on board will get someone to pay for a new manager for a campaign that would already be over. Anyone that doesn’t think Kenny will finish the campaign out is deluded.

Edited by Donegalman - 25 Jan 2021 at 4:07pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:17pm

the game has not been played and we have not lost to Luxembourg.  So you are firing a man for a game that has not even happened.  
It's called speculation, opinion, comment - it's rife on football forums, or hadn't you noticed while regaling your buddies with ripper yarns about your mickey and your sore hole?

Think you will find its unusually someone else micro Mickey rather than my own LOL

There was a time when sl*gginf and banter like.that was common place on this site and friendships were made off the back of it..   but now we have the toxic humourless entitled brigade who believe they deserve success or deserve victories and have no sense of reasoning and calm heads.  It's common on Twitter also this type of black and white view of the world without an appreciated of nuance and mitigating factors etc.   

I dont mind saying it but the site was a far better place when there was good humoured sl*gging amongst acquaintances but also an appreciation we were all in the same boat and get behind the team  
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:52pm

It's called speculation, opinion, comment - it's rife on football forums, or hadn't you noticed while regaling your buddies with ripper yarns about your mickey and your sore hole?

Think you will find its unusually someone else micro Mickey rather than my own LOL

There was a time when sl*gginf and banter like.that was common place on this site and friendships were made off the back of it..   but now we have the toxic humourless entitled brigade who believe they deserve success or deserve victories and have no sense of reasoning and calm heads.  It's common on Twitter also this type of black and white view of the world without an appreciated of nuance and mitigating factors etc.   

I dont mind saying it but the site was a far better place when there was good humoured sl*gging amongst acquaintances but also an appreciation we were all in the same boat and get behind the team  

We are all on the same boat, it's just that some of us think that the boat is going in the wrong direction.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:59pm
Lawrie SanchezLOLLOLLOLClap 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Lawrie SanchezLOLLOLLOLClap 

he was from my value pack!! He did a very decent job with the 6 counties.

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm
We can't actually afford many.

I'm always surprised Ian Dowie has been out of work for so long, he was a reasonable manager. No job in ages.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm
You're boring now.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm

We can't actually afford many.

I'm always surprised Ian Dowie has been out of work for so long, he was a reasonable manager. No job in ages.

He does have that bouncebackability in fairness 

Iain Dowie ffs LOL

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 25 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:29pm
Rolled my eyes when I saw 49 new posts on this thread, expected them all to be utter garbage.

But Lawrie Sanchez is a POTY contender LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:33pm

Very profound. You championing nuance is hilarious. I support the team too! I hope SK succeeds, as should all supporters. My big crime, apparently, is that I don't think he will succeed and by being totally unintimidated  by the loud backlash. Please don't let me compromise your yearning for those good old bawdy, sl*gging and sledging days when everyone agreed with you. Cheer up, many still do. 

I don’t want everyone to agree with me.  It’s no problem thinking that Kenny may not be the best Ireland manager that we could have but it’s another thing not to give him a chance like all other Ireland managers have got. Yourself Murph and AVFC have not given him an inch since he got the job and indeed Murph was sharpening his knife before he even took charge of his first game.  
It’s just classic the modern football fan who acts like a spoilt child. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Rolled my eyes when I saw 49 new posts on this thread, expected them all to be utter garbage.

But Lawrie Sanchez is a POTY contender LOL

Coming onto this thread is like getting trapped in one of Dante's circles of hell.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229 735>
  Share Topic