You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 735>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

It’s a project and we can’t afford anyone else. Bed in, because Kenny is probably going to be here for a while unless something ridiculous happens

Lose in Belgrade, fail to beat Luxembourg and get tanked in Portugal and he's gone.

Covid has altered what salaries Football League managers can expect to get.

Our best ever manager was a proven Football League manager - this is the type of CV we should be looking to get.

Pay off Kenny and 500k will get you a very decent proven football league manager.

Exploiting the Granny rule to its fullest extent is absolutely key to this gig.

Agreed. Lewis O'Brien, CJ Hamilton and Mikey Johnston are pivotal to any future success.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:52pm
I blame Nigel Pearson for everything Ouch

I told you McG LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

would Pearson bring Peyton on board as GK coach?

Nope, he'd be more likely to involve someone else you may have heard of, as below:

“If [Pearson] had a foreign last name we would all be saying he is the Messiah,” said [Troy] Deeney. “It is just the way that the world works and the way he is portrayed in the media, unfortunately, but he is great. His man-management is massively underrated, his technical team, too — you’ve got him, Shaky [Craig Shakespeare] as well, but then also he’s implemented Hayden Mullins and Stacky [Graham Stack], who have got bags of experience."
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/watford-nigel-pearson-troy-deeney-premier-league-a4332946.html

https://thegssa.co.uk/about-graham/

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nigel Pearson LOL
I suspect he’s a former member of the EDL, would be a great appointment for Ireland LOL
Pearson is known for campaigning against Racism, incl being a Patron of 'Kick It Out':
https://www.lcfc.com/news/434501

HTH.

Edited by Territorial - 21 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nigel Pearson LOL

I suspect he’s a former member of the EDL, would be a great appointment for Ireland LOL

Pearson took a hard line on Leicester defender Wayne Brown, who had publicly said in front of his teammates – including some of ethnic minority backgrounds – that he had voted for the far-right British National Party in the general election on 6 May. He dropped Brown from the side for the play-offs.
You omitted the fact that he was useless!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:17pm
I do not think that Nigel Pearson should be our manager.

I don’t know any men who refer to other men as a “man’s man”

I do think he’s a good manager.

I do think it’s irresponsible to suggest he’s a racist - even as a joke.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:34pm

He's not on Trap/MON money, we can. But why is a manager from an amateur league on 500k? Madness.

Covid has changed salary expectations.

Ireland are paying a similar salary to comparable countries of size/success. 

You can't just ignore the going rate within whatever industry. Does Kenny deserve to be paid ABOVE the going rate? No way. Hasn't earned that as yet. If you don't think somebody is worth the going rate (in any walk of life) then don't hire them. 

You've made your mind up about Kenny already. Fair enough. Time will tell whether he was over paid... or under paid for that matter.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

He's not on Trap/MON money, we can. But why is a manager from an amateur league on 500k? Madness.

You can't just ignore the going rate within whatever industry. Does Kenny deserve to be paid ABOVE the going rate? No way. Hasn't earned that as yet. If you don't think somebody is worth the going rate (in any walk of life) then don't hire them. 

You've made your mind up about Kenny already. Fair enough. Time will tell whether he was over paid... or under paid for that matter.

TBH - No human being should earn more than 100k.

There should be a maximum wage which should not be more than 10 times the minimum wage.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:38pm
Jesus lads would ye give it a rest until March . People saying theirs agendas and mine is better than yours.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:41pm

There should be a maximum wage which should not be more than 10 times the minimum wage.

What a world. Unfortunately, profits will be made and someone's going to get the money in the end. I'd much rather the someone was front and center and the reason for generating profits and not some fat cat executive behind the scenes, creaming it.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:46pm

Orwell, yourself and I can at least agree on something.LOL

As for Wayne Brown, I believe the problem wasn't simply that he was sh*te or voted BNP, but that he went on a rant in the dressing room about 'ethnics'.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 8:34pm
I'm not sure we should be going down the route of "proper football men"

we should be trying to capture managers on their way up rather than whose abilities are waning. Like we have for arguably our past 3 managers before SK

Edited by Jimmy Raggatip - 21 Jan 2021 at 8:35pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 8:44pm
Kenny is a waste of space.  

He must be, because he's not even a 'Proper Mans Man' LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 8:49pm
People quickly forgetting the impact Covid had on our squad for the majority of Kenny's games. Despite this, he stuck to the game plan and promoted youth rather than reverting to older players. On top of that, he clearly had a game plan and wanted to keep the ball. Didn't work but Jesus, lads, give him a chance for a full campaign.

Pearson - FFS!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

People quickly forgetting the impact Covid had on our squad for the majority of Kenny's games. Despite this, he stuck to the game plan and promoted youth rather than reverting to older players. On top of that, he clearly had a game plan and wanted to keep the ball. Didn't work but Jesus, lads, give him a chance for a full campaign.

Pearson - FFS!
No to be honest it’s fairly clear that most people aren’t forgetting the impact that COVID has had on the squad but they are instead simply too ignorant to acknowledge it as there opinions were already formed before a ball was kicked under Kennys management. That’s the sad part of it all.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 9:06pm
I'm fairly neutral, if unconvinced, in terms of Kenny so far. But, as well as forgetting about our own Covid issues people seem to forget that for our most important match so far Slovakia were badly hampered by Covid, probably to a worse extent than we were, and we still couldn't beat them.

So I'm not sure Covid is the best defence for the standard under Kenny so far.

Edited by You Tell Me - 21 Jan 2021 at 9:07pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 10:18pm
A long story short, anyone who has come to a definitive conclusion about Stephen Kenny (or any manager) after 8 games is off their rocker. And your opinion on any other subject under the sky should be taken with a pinch of salt.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:31am
Proper Football Man Neil Warnock is available lol
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:44am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Nigel Pearson LOLLOLLOL what a pedigree that fella has, sacked within a year from every club he’s managed bar Leicester. 

He’s also been accused of bullying media and young players. 

Now that you mention it tho he could fit perfectly with the FAI 

Pearson is a great shout. Built up that Leicester side that won the title. Proper mans man too which would suit us and let that aggression be our true footballing identity.

Why are you bringing the size of his genitalia into this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 735>
  Share Topic