Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 735>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

If it was not this situation I guarantee you the bollox (bolloxes) involved would have found some other situation that did not suit them to have a pop at the new management team,

Maybe, but don't give them low hanging fruit. I suspect the performance on the back of it didn't help either.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

I obviously did not see the video. That does not negate my point that it was utterly absurd.

Incredible statement.
I have no first-hand experience of a thing, only hearsay and whispers but I have a solid opinion on said mostly unknown thing.

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I obviously did not see the video. That does not negate my point that it was utterly absurd.

Incredible statement.
I have no first-hand experience of a thing, only hearsay and whispers but I have a solid opinion on said mostly unknown thing.

It's more than hearsay when it has led to controversy and subsequent resignations.

I personally have no issue with the video as such but it's clearly been a PR disaster.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You sir are talking outside both sides of your hole. 

So if we did not see the video we can't comment on it being a joke? Is that your actual logic?

Are you defending this video? It's an absolute sh1tshow!!!!

Well I didnt see the video but I do know that there was an investigation and duffer who lived in england for years had no issue with it and contributed towards it and Seamus coleman and Duffy had no issues both who live in the UK and all the reports are the players had no issue with it.  Alan Kelly did have an issue but I would speculate he has other motives but I will admit that is just speculation.   So there is no credible evidence it was anti English or a sh*t show.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:15pm

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Incredible statement.

It's more than hearsay when it has led to controversy and subsequent resignations.

I personally have no issue with the video as such but it's clearly been a PR disaster.

Duffer has resigned for the exact opposite reason because clowns thought it was something that needed investigating and announced that to the world.  You cant blame the video for duffer resigning and Kelly should have been gone to start with.  
AKA pedantic kunt
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:16pm

LOL I shall be robbing this for when the pubs eventually open back up LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

LOL I shall be robbing this for when the pubs eventually open back up LOL

LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:19pm

So if we did not see the video we can't comment on it being a joke? Is that your actual logic?

Well I didnt see the video but I do know that there was an investigation and duffer who lived in england for years had no issue with it and contributed towards it and Seamus coleman and Duffy had no issues both who live in the UK and all the reports are the players had no issue with it.  Alan Kelly did have an issue but I would speculate he has other motives but I will admit that is just speculation.   So there is no credible evidence it was anti English or a sh*t show.  

I see where you are coming from but the fallout has been a sh1tshow, it's a cringe way of attempting to motivate players. I accept that there have clearly been anti Kenny guys in camp who have used this as a means to attack Kenny. This does not bode well. But not having his own guys on the coaching team from day 1 has been one of SK (many) mistakes and is again poor management.

Aside from the undeniable PR disaster, it's all just so amateur. Had the SK reign have gone better this would be less of an issue, but it's just been one thing after another.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:28pm
One of the biggest issue with this situation is the timing.
There's no games on so nothing else to even discuss.
Duff leaving now, 2 months after the event has not helped and only served to dig it all up again.  

Better had he walked in November
Better again if he had carried on.

If we go to Belgrade and win the match, this is all immediately forgotten.
More likely we won't and this could be further dragged out as a contributing factor for our continued struggle for results.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:31pm
That's your opinion that it is cringe but with all due respect your opinion of the video is irrelevant as is mine.  The players had no issue due to reports.  Kelly was the only mick loyalist everyone else was brought in by Kenny.  Kelly is now gone so thats progress.   The only other person rumoured to have an issue is a former journalist who wont be around the national team too much   

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Jan 2021 at 4:31pm
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:40pm

Daryl Horgan also confirmed he had no issue with the video.

4:30 onwards. 

No political connotations.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Daryl Horgan also confirmed he had no issue with the video.

4:30 onwards. 

No political connotations.

The players who 'have not had a problem' (is anyone talking it up?) are mainly Irish born...........
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:46pm
Every time this video gets mentioned I still can't help but think of Father Ted's slideshow about the Chinese. 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Every time this video gets mentioned I still can't help but think of Father Ted's slideshow about the Chinese. 

And the games under SK remind me of the over 75 5-aside games with the exception that the over 75s scored..........wait a minute................get SK some fake hands!!!!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Haha - yes!

Not related to Borussia’s post, but it actually makes me sick to read people opine on what is and is not “Irish enough”. I think we’re heading down a slippery slope here and I don’t like it
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
And your posts sound like they are from Dougal Maguire 
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm

And your posts sound like they are from Dougal Maguire 

Good one.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm
I think the brick has a twin here Wink
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 735>
  Share Topic