You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 735>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Irish times is a protestant unionist paper 😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Jan 2021 at 1:29pm
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:33pm
Havent gone near Bushmills since that episode myself
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I actually cannot believe the extent to which this England game has set back the reshaping of the team and the development of the new regime. Not only was it a particularly bad performance, and a particularly bad result, the subsequent fallout from a HR point of view has been absolutely breathtaking. I will admit to being slightly concerned that this whole event could ultimately be the undoing.

Don't forget it was also likely to mess up our chances of been 2nd seeds. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

It made very little sense. And what was at least notionally our first team were destroyed by an "up and coming" England, who barely let us play out of our own half.

In the current climate, videos and speeches invoking a national myth are best kept out things. Focus on things like tactics, gameplan, and vision. And as has been said, it has provided low hanging fruit to get at Kenny.
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:12pm
He was an excellent player but i don't think he has done that much good for irish football since retirement. A very negative pundit and always seems to be in the headlines giving out. He turned on Kerr after he was sacked and cozied up to Delaney despite coming through the youth teams with Kerr. No loyalty. Was also against the Delaney protests. And I've met him in person a few times and thought he was a p*ick.  
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:52pm

It made very little sense. And what was at least notionally our first team were destroyed by an "up and coming" England, who barely let us play out of our own half.

In the current climate, videos and speeches invoking a national myth are best kept out things. Focus on things like tactics, gameplan, and vision. And as has been said, it has provided low hanging fruit to get at Kenny.

I agree that the video wasn't the best move, especially for a friendly.

But David Sneyd suggested last night on OTB that players can see how Kenny wants to bring the team forward and are buying into it. There seems to be a lot more interaction in terms of meetings with individuals and how he expects them to play.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:37pm

The only people who had an issue with it are the old school dinosaurs.  That’s Alanis Morissette level irony there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

From woof.ie - your one stop shop for pet news and football rumours

Stephen Kenny's cat leaves role as family pet

Republic of Ireland manager Stephen Kenny has suffered another blow with the resignation of his family cat Paws.

This is the third unexpected departure from the Kenny camp in the space of a week, following hot on the heels of coaching staff Damien Duff and Alan Kelly.

This was a very tough decision and one I deliberated hard over”, said Paws in a statement released this morning.

I would like to personally thank Stephen Kenny for the opportunity to have a family home. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable two years since I arrived as a stray kitten. I have been well cared for at all times and was delighted to call the Kenny family home."

"But after having considered matters, I have now decided that the best decision for me is to move on to pastures new – specifically the Murphy's next door, as Stephen and his wife keep putting out trays of Whiskas for me, which is grand, but the Murphys give me fresh chicken, and a lovely warm spot on the sofa.”

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Stephen and his family all the very best for the future”, concluded Paws.

Paws has now moved in with the neighbouring Murphy family.

I just want to make things clear Paws came to us on his own free will .Approve
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:24pm

The only people who had an issue with it are the old school dinosaurs.  That’s Alanis Morissette level irony there. 

It didn't matter who had an issue with it. At best its cringe, and it was a poor effort at motivation. Also, issues surrounding nationalism are sensitive at the moment. Just don't touch it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:27pm

It didn't matter who had an issue with it. At best its cringe, and it was a poor effort at motivation. Also, issues surrounding nationalism are sensitive at the moment. Just don't touch it.

Well that’s your opinion but I think with respect the opinion of the players and back room staff is more important and they didn’t have an issue with it with the exception of Kelly and many supported it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:29pm

Well that’s your opinion but I think with respect the opinion of the players and back room staff is more important and they didn’t have an issue with it with the exception of Kelly and many supported it. 

You're entitled to prefer the opinion you want, but here we are two months on and its still rolling as a story.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:30pm
Why is showing any Sense of Nationalism sensitive at the moment Hetfield? When Jack played Rebels to his side did AK object then.  Now I think a Mickey Mouse Friendly that should have never happened perhaps wasn't the best time tbf. 

Edited by irelandfan - 14 Jan 2021 at 11:31pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 12:40am

You're entitled to prefer the opinion you want, but here we are two months on and its still rolling as a story.

So you are saying your opinion is more important than the players and back room staff 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:34am

So you are saying your opinion is more important than the players and back room staff 😀😀😀

Eh, no.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Baldrick is perfectly entitled to his opinion. It was a Mickey Mouse friendly and he's a Mickey Mouse poster. 

Mickey Mouse is generally well liked
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Why is showing any Sense of Nationalism sensitive at the moment Hetfield?  

Identarianism is a hot button topic at the moment, which has a sensitivity around it. Its the type of thing that its good to make a judgement call, and perhaps erring on the side of caution? Also, what happened under Jack happened over a quarter of a century ago. Its a lifetime. I suppose my frustration is more aimed at the ham fisted efforts at motivation, and what ultimately transpired.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:44pm
yourself and Alan Kelly appear to be the only people who have an issue with it.  The most ham fisted aspect was the attempt by those to spin it against Kenny. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:47pm
No, Baldrick. I have no issue with it. I'm looking at the situation objectively, and it has resulted in an unnecessary PR and HR disaster. Like I said, two months later, we're still talking about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 735>
  Share Topic