Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 735>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

there was no need for the press conference and Quinn admits it was a f**k up. Again not defending Keanes actions but Kelly Stan and Quinn came out of that in bad light imo. Along with the FAI and Keane and to a lesser extent Mick.  

This is twice Kelly seems to have overstepped the Mark in his loyalty to Mick. 

Nothing wrong with having loyal staff or players.

I agree but I feel he has overstepped it.  I am not criticising loyalty but he has used his loyalty to Mick to be disloyal to Kenny and previously to a teammate.  

It’s like his loyalty to Mick overrides everything and is the only thing that matters to him. 

I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion. I'm obviously missing something here. Which would explain your hostility to Kelly (under Kenny).
I'm also assuming Kelly was not the leak in the camp.

Would this not embolden the view that he is? 
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:38am
Kenny confirmed he wasn't.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

There are now lots of people with issues about Kenny's methods. Was Alan Kelly not entitled to offer opinion? Does Kenny want muppets as assistants? The video was a ridiculous idea - this was not a make-or-break WC, Euro qualifier or finals game. It was an unnecessary friendly we could easily have lost 8-0. This farcical regime gets curiouser and curiouser.

Lots of people outside the camp. They would also be the same people complaining about the hoofball from past managers. 
You can’t win with people like that.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:50am
The leak and the person who had major issues with the video and the coaching approach do not have to be the same person.  I suspect Kelly is not the leak but is the person or one of the people who had an issue with the video. Duff had an issue with those who had issues with the video and how the fai gave their objections  any credence by having an investigation.  Kelly had to go and I believe duff has needlessly gone.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:52am

There are now lots of people with issues about Kenny's methods. Was Alan Kelly not entitled to offer opinion? Does Kenny want muppets as assistants? The video was a ridiculous idea - this was not a make-or-break WC, Euro qualifier or finals game. It was an unnecessary friendly we could easily have lost 8-0. This farcical regime gets curiouser and curiouser.

List the lots of people you refer to and sorry claret murph and mr brick dont count 
AKA pedantic kunt
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:01am
Is someone able to explain why on earth Kenny kept Kelly on as goal keeping coach?  Was Kelly on a Robbie Keane type contract or something?  101 of management to have your own people around you, especially going into the vipers nest he was entering.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:02am

The leak and the person who had major issues with the video and the coaching approach do not have to be the same person.  I suspect Kelly is not the leak but is the person or one of the people who had an issue with the video. Duff had an issue with those who had issues with the video and how the fai gave their objections  any credence by having an investigation.  Kelly had to go and I believe duff has needlessly gone.  

I don't understand why Kelly would have had an issue with the video. He's been around the set up for a very long time both as player and as coach (28 years to be precise).

There is no doubt about issues between himself and Kenny in relation to the coaching role, but why would he jeopardize his legacy as both player and coach over this. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:05am
yeah no valid reason for him to have an issue with the video. Maybe he sees that the best way to be loyal to Mick and Robbie is undermining Kenny. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:12am
Martin O'Neill did not use Kelly as his goalkeeping coach and instead opted for Seamus McDonagh, which possibly suggests that Kelly was not on a Robbie Keane styled contract.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:51am

List the lots of people you refer to and sorry claret murph and mr brick dont count 
Myself and Brick don't count Clown

You need to take a break from on here Baldie as you bitterness will posion you in the end .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

You need to take a break from on here Baldie as you bitterness will posion you in the end .

LOLLOLLOL The irony! 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:30pm

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:32pm

Sensitive are you.  I mean people on here dont count as examples of those against Kenny the same as I dont count in this instance as someone who thinks he should be given a chance.  

Ironic calling me bitter ha ha.  You have had an agenda against Kenny from the start which is as clear as day.   

If big sam was given the job back in september I wouldn't have been happy but would say give him a campaign.  

You and brick are so petty you cant do that. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:08pm

If big sam was given the job back in september I wouldn't have been happy but would say give him a campaign.  

If Mickey Mouse was given the job, he’d deserve a full campaign!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:21pm
Should be called Scarlet Murph. Because I'm scarlet for him.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:54pm
Kenny has a team to sort out and a background team to sort out while been run by the new FAI, which is starting to show all too familiar traits of the old Fai. 

A difficult job indeed.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Should be called Scarlet Murph. Because I'm scarlet for him.
Hummmm if you are on here for a while HH you get called many things i can asure you .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:29pm
Starsky Kennedy now in the mix allegedly
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 735>
  Share Topic