Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:28am
I could say the same about Kenny for you 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:55am
2021. The year that the world finally gets back to normally and the year that the FAI might release a press statement during normal office hours.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:06am
I know there is rarely truth in football fallouts but I find the use of covid really poor here. 

Of course the FAI press team are sure to be pulling the strings behind the statement and it was never going to happen but denying there were differences of opinion and putting it on covid is a bit on an insult to fans tbh and anybody reading that statement.

Liked Baldie said, I expect him to part ways with Everton now at least until covid blows over.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:19am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Almost nothing has gone right for Kenny thus far apart from a favourable WCQ draw. 

In a one team automatic qualification group, getting the European Champions as top seeds is not a favourable draw.

We may not be scoring many goals these days, but at least we're trying to win games by playing proper football. All we need are the players that are able for it and we'll start getting somewhere. Kelleher should be our new No. 1. If he's good enough to play for Klopp, he's good enough for Kenny. 

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He should get the same time as mick got.  Mick got his first world
Cup qualification and as first seeds we got beaten in the playoff after a rocky enough start in friendlies etc. 

We were top seeds for the 96 Euro qualifiers group, where we also got Portugal. 

As for Duff, he's now quit 3 coaching jobs already. Either you're fully committed to the demands of it, or stick to the pundit circuit every few months on RTE. Make your mind up.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Almost nothing has gone right for Kenny thus far apart from a favourable WCQ draw. 

In a one team automatic qualification group, getting the European Champions as top seeds is not a favourable draw.

We may not be scoring many goals these days, but at least we're trying to win games by playing proper football. All we need are the players that are able for it and we'll start getting somewhere. Kelleher should be our new No. 1. If he's good enough to play for Klopp, he's good enough for Kenny. 

Cup qualification and as first seeds we got beaten in the playoff after a rocky enough start in friendlies etc. 

As for Duff, he's now quit 3 coaching jobs already. Either you're fully committed to the demands of it, or stick to the pundit circuit every few months on RTE. Make your mind up.
I feel a little sick agreeing with you. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:22am

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

while this isn’t a surprise as much as duff - it’s more noise around Kenny.

Dan McDonnell article claims Kelly was used to having a bigger role than just goalkeeping under McCarthy, Kenny apparently just wanted his input on goalkeeping.

He was a cnt in Saipan and he has been here again it seems.  He is no loss in my view and I think Kenny can bring in his own man here and not have some prick undermining him allegedly. 

What did he do or not do in Saipan?
after the training was complete, the team had a five a side game. The goalkeepers had already completed their session and had warmed down, so outfield players had to go in goals for the five a side. Keane was furious at this.

Jesus if that’s your only knowedge of his actions in Saipan. Finding it strange that Irish fans don’t
Remember exactly what Kelly and Staunton and Quinn
did in Saipan with regarding the hastily called
Press conference.  Even Quinn admits it was a f**k up. Kelly was delighted that Keane was gone.  

Probably because they could get on with playing in the World Cup - which is what they were there to do without this lunatic.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:24am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Others would see that as promotions?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:24am
there was no need for the press conference and Quinn admits it was a f**k up. Again not defending Keanes actions but Kelly Stan and Quinn came out of that in bad light imo. Along with the FAI and Keane and to a lesser extent Mick.  

This is twice Kelly seems to have overstepped the Mark in his loyalty to Mick. 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:25am

there was no need for the press conference and Quinn admits it was a f**k up. Again not defending Keanes actions but Kelly Stan and Quinn came out of that in bad light imo. Along with the FAI and Keane and to a lesser extent Mick.  

Nothing wrong with having loyal staff or players.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:29am
where did Quinn admit that?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I agree but I feel he has overstepped it.  I am not criticising loyalty but he has used his loyalty to Mick to be disloyal to Kenny and previously to a teammate.  

It’s like his loyalty to Mick overrides everything and is the only thing that matters to him. 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:32am

Is that why the North and Rangers have done so well recently?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:34am

I agree but I feel he has overstepped it.  I am not criticising loyalty but he has used his loyalty to Mick to be disloyal to Kenny and previously to a teammate.  

It’s like his loyalty to Mick overrides everything and is the only thing that matters to him. 

I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion. I'm obviously missing something here. Which would explain your hostility to Kelly (under Kenny).
I'm also assuming Kelly was not the leak in the camp.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is that why the North and Rangers have done so well recently?

Rangers are doing so well because Steven Gerrard is the manager. Shocked
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:39am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:42am

I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion. I'm obviously missing something here. Which would explain your hostility to Kelly (under Kenny).
I'm also assuming Kelly was not the leak in the camp.

Kelly was one of the ones who had an issue with Kenny’s methods and the video and raised his objections to it.  He also was not happy that his role was not as large as it had been under Mick and was only been asked to look after goalkeepers.  He is the only member of the coaching staff kept on from Micks time and I would say Kenny is regretting keeping him on at this stage.  Just because he wasn’t the leak doesn’t mean he is not bang out of order for raising objections to a harmless video.   
AKA pedantic kunt
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:57am
At this stage i think Stephen Kenny maybe should bring in Vinny Perth and Gary Rodgers into his coaching team. From listening to players their experience of international football during Covid times is definitely not as much fun now with restrictions and the chances for management and team and staff to bond is much less.

Kenny needs people around him now who know how he works and maybe his personality also. I know they might not be the biggest of names or have international experience but they know how Kenny works and trust his methods etc. Higgins, Rodgers, Perth, Andrews know his methods and Kenny as a person.

It might be a safer bet than say a Lee Carsley and Shay Given for example if Covid is going to disrupt football for the qualifiers this year.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:02am
rogers has already taken a role with the monaghan gaelic team so is unlikely to be available
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 735>
  Share Topic