You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 735>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Still ten or so weeks until our next game , i think Kenny could pick his side he wants on the pitch today now players injured is something he can't even guess at .
It's a very big game in Belgrade if he comes away with a point he will have done ever so well for me , now a loss is not the end of the world but my question is how will he set up on the pitch does he stick with what he has done so far or change it for this game .
A scoreless draw then, Murph. That would be massive. Your question is good (emboldened) - similar to mine in the opening post. Unfortunately, the usual SK sycophants, with apparent herd-immunity to facts, gave a masterclass. Talk about snouts in the trough. Even Deco threw in a cameo. 

“Snouts in the trough” LOLLOL

Please explain this further. 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Still ten or so weeks until our next game , i think Kenny could pick his side he wants on the pitch today now players injured is something he can't even guess at .
It's a very big game in Belgrade if he comes away with a point he will have done ever so well for me , now a loss is not the end of the world but my question is how will he set up on the pitch does he stick with what he has done so far or change it for this game .
A scoreless draw then, Murph. That would be massive. Your question is good (emboldened) - similar to mine in the opening post. Unfortunately, the usual SK sycophants, with apparent herd-immunity to facts, gave a masterclass. Talk about snouts in the trough. Even Deco threw in a cameo. 

Some man LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Big question is, where has Kenny's kids gone to? No post sense Stephen's day...
I'm still posting live updates on twitter: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:37pm
Duff steps down from his coaching role.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
Damien Duff has stepped down from his coaching role. 

He doesn't seem to last long wherever he goes does he? Ermm

Edited by ShamtheRam - 08 Jan 2021 at 9:44pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
Interesting....
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:39pm
Celtic head hunted him for a coaching role from Rovers and then was promoted by Celtic, before being head hunted by Kenny for the Ireland role.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
Strange one. Definitely doesn't seem to last long in jobs.

Is he the leak? LOL
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
He's staying with Shelbourne u17s for the 2021 season as far as I know anyway, I think he could potentially take over from Morro if they start the season badly.

Once Dayler gets redeveloped, with the work being done behind the scenes and at underage level at Shels he could well find himself as the first teams manager in a really top environment at LOI level.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He's staying with Shelbourne u17s for the 2021 season as far as I know anyway, I think he could potentially take over from Morro if they start the season badly.

Once Dayler gets redeveloped, with the work being done behind the scenes and at underage level at Shels he could well find himself as the first teams manager in a really top environment at LOI level.
you still have your nose in with Shels underage?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:46pm

Why would you leave the national role for that? He'd probably walk into an LOI job with his current experience and being an ex international 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:47pm
imagine leaving the national side for Shels ffs LOL 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

He joined Shels u17s in an around the same time as he was appointed as coach for the Irish team, give or take a few weeks.

It's not about leaving the Irish gig for Shels, seeing as he was already at Shels! Sure if he wants to be a manager in his own right and his preference is to remain local why wouldn't it be Shels?

Out of all of the Dublin sides right now which manager is under the most pressure job wise? I would say Morro easily due to being relegated last season.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

you still have your nose in with Shels underage?

No, I left a few weeks back and joined a different LOI side closer to home! 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:54pm

He joined Shels u17s in an around the same time as he was appointed as coach for the Irish team, give or take a few weeks.

It's not about leaving the Irish gig for Shels, seeing as he was already at Shels! Sure if he wants to be a manager in his own right and his preference is to remain local why wouldn't it be Shels?

Out of all of the Dublin sides right now which manager is under the most pressure job wise? I would say Morro easily due to being relegated last season.
Duff is far too big for Shels, it made sense while he was double jobbing it with the NT tho. 
I’m amazed Moro is still there to be honest, especially considering the amount of more qualified coaches at Shels these days. More coaches than fans! 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:57pm
Not trying to sound funny or disrespectful but is Duff as a coach that big of a loss to the national set up that he can't be replaced easily enough? 

I'd assume the players would have a good relationship with him anyway. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:59pm

Duff is far too big for Shels, it made sense while he was double jobbing it with the NT tho. 
I’m amazed Moro is still there to be honest, especially considering the amount of more qualified coaches at Shels these days. More coaches than fans! 

Perhaps, but you have to cut your cloth somewhere when starting out as a manager and if he's intent on living in Ireland for the foreseeable future with options limited who knows? 

I mean Duffer has a young family and that played a major part in him leaving Celtic (open to correction) 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not trying to sound funny or disrespectful but is Duff as a coach that big of a loss to the national set up that he can't be replaced easily enough? 

I'd assume the players would have a good relationship with him anyway. 

He seems quite highly rated and respected. 

Also change this early added to the rat nonsense it’s a terrible start for SK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 735>
  Share Topic