Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

I bumped into SK earlier in the local Mace, had a brief chat about the football as we lined up at the deli counter getting our breakfast rolls, took him a little bit of time to make his mind up but in the end he settled with 1 egg 3 rashers 4 sausages and 3 puddings and got 5 hash browns in a bag just in case, surprisingly no red sauce, he did say he monitors the site for new ideas but did point out he thought that the brick had made a spelling error in the first letter of his second name (brick), he did say he will contact the site for further pointers nearer the next game in March though.

Are you sure Kenny was able to correctly order his breakfast giving his lack of communication skills.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 1:43pm

I bumped into SK earlier in the local Mace, had a brief chat about the football as we lined up at the deli counter getting our breakfast rolls, took him a little bit of time to make his mind up but in the end he settled with 1 egg 3 rashers 4 sausages and 3 puddings and got 5 hash browns in a bag just in case, surprisingly no red sauce, he did say he monitors the site for new ideas but did point out he thought that the brick had made a spelling error in the first letter of his second name (brick), he did say he will contact the site for further pointers nearer the next game in March though.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm
It was quiet amusing actually like a game of charades LOL  I got his description of the brick straight off by a single hand gesture LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Seven games without a goal.

Michael O'Neill.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:09pm
paddy power have just closed the book on the spread on 5 or less suspensions😀
AKA pedantic kunt
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:09pm
Big question is, where has Kenny's kids gone to? No post sense Stephen's day...
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone with a clue as to Kenny's current thinking? Will he do anything new, different? Seven absolute shockers from eight games (ok against Slovakia) and one goal. We go into the WC qualifiers soon with zero reasons for confidence, even against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan. Yes, our talent pool is shallow and 2020 was a traumatic year, but the Irish team's performances under Kenny have been a national embarrassment. 

He rang me last night. It's looking like this:

Randolph
Coleman--O'Shea--Egan--Stevens
Knight--Cullen--Hendrick
Robinson--Connolly--Brady

That’s probably our best team at the minute and could all start apart from Cullen who Kenny doesn’t seem to like. Haven’t seen him since his move to Belgium but he’s playing regularly not many of our other midfielders are including Hendrick at the minute.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

paddy power have just closed the book on the spread on 5 or less suspensions😀
I think Southstandman took that bet home after his deleted racist ramble yesterday 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:04pm
I don't know what Brick is trying to prove by childishly repeating the "seven games without a goal" line.

I don't see anyone arguing that this was a successful period, and the concerns over lack of goals is well documented.
Just re-read this thread since Sept for all you need to know.

What we did see, however, were signs of progress.  A team trying to play possession-based, attacking football and create chances that way.  And we did create chances but we couldn't finish any.

I'm happy to give Kenny time but I'll be quickly annoyed if he continues to stick with players who are either not playing at all for clubs (Hourihane), or playing sub-par for them (Duffy).

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:10pm
Kenny and every manager, will and have always picked players that some fans are not happy with. (Duffy and Hourihane under Kenny, Whelan under previous managers as an example).

People think some players are better than others, and the less some players play the better they become!

Players club form fluctuates too, Coleman regained good form while Doherty hasn't replicated his Wolves from at Spurs.

It will be interesting to see how we set up and play with a full squad available.

Edited by horsebox - 04 Jan 2021 at 3:11pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I don't know what Brick is trying to prove by childishly repeating the "seven games without a goal" line.

I don't see anyone arguing that this was a successful period, and the concerns over lack of goals is well documented.
Just re-read this thread since Sept for all you need to know.

What we did see, however, were signs of progress.  A team trying to play possession-based, attacking football and create chances that way.  And we did create chances but we couldn't finish any.

I'm happy to give Kenny time but I'll be quickly annoyed if he continues to stick with players who are either not playing at all for clubs (Hourihane), or playing sub-par for them (Duffy).

I think he missed everyone over Christmas and wants to get the old fire burning 

Glad to have you back Mr Brick! Give me a hug 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:14pm
Lads it’s been a while since our last game, anyone any idea of how many games it has been since our last goal ?.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Seven games without a goal.

Michael O'Neill.

Er, NI scored 6 goals in Michael's first 7 games.

OK, we let in a lot more and we didn't actually win any of them, but we did get 4 draws.

HTH.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 4:46pm

I've heard of the Sexton sandwich, now we can add the jumbo Kenny roll to thisClap
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone with a clue as to Kenny's current thinking? Will he do anything new, different? Seven absolute shockers from eight games (ok against Slovakia) and one goal. We go into the WC qualifiers soon with zero reasons for confidence, even against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan. Yes, our talent pool is shallow and 2020 was a traumatic year, but the Irish team's performances under Kenny have been a national embarrassment. 

He rang me last night. It's looking like this:

Randolph
Coleman--O'Shea--Egan--Stevens
Knight--Cullen--Hendrick
Robinson--Connolly--Brady

What was his drift, Andy? Did you offer any critique? What about Doherty? Consider 352? Why is he backflipping on Coleman? Has he seen Cullen play out foreign or just taking Kevin100's word? Why is he dropping his only goalscorer? Does he feel under pressure? Can the nation expect a goal? Were the Wolfe Tones blaring in the background? Millwall in his diary? Has he called Patrick yet? How was his delivery and diction? Was it a very, very long chat - know what I mean, like? Will we qualify or does he need more time? Has he caught up with the quisling Kelly yet? 

And does he know the usual boring YBIG arsewipes are right behind him? At least until the first game. 

Will I ever live that Cullen out foreign down? 👀😂
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 7:25pm

LOLLOLLOL 

This post reminds me of the sh!t stirring from the rat who stabbed Kenny and the Irish players in the back after the English match 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 8:17pm
Still ten or so weeks until our next game , i think Kenny could pick his side he wants on the pitch today now players injured is something he can't even guess at .
It's a very big game in Belgrade if he comes away with a point he will have done ever so well for me , now a loss is not the end of the world but my question is how will he set up on the pitch does he stick with what he has done so far or change it for this game .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Big question is, where has Kenny's kids gone to? No post sense Stephen's day...
I'm still posting live updates on twitter: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 735>
  Share Topic