You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 735>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I've recently signed Daithi up to the Trap Junior Stand Up Comedian Talent Agency
LOLThumbs Up
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:21pm
Is she the one who was commentating for Watch Loi she was terrible anygame I listened her tbh. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:27pm
Lisa Fallon past video analysist at Cork City under John Caulfield while doing the same job for Micheal O'Neill at Northern Ireland, did a bit of work for Dublin GAA too. Yeah definitely knows her stuff, however I'm led to believe she's a very strong personality to have in the work place. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 8:32am
you could do with a strong personality around the squad atm.

Edited by oldbilly - 25 Nov 2020 at 8:34am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:05am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Is she the one who was commentating for Watch Loi she was terrible anygame I listened her tbh. 
Not her 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:11am
Good to get all this detail on Lisa Fallon....but what was the gist of Quinn's comments on SK?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Good to get all this detail on Lisa Fallon....but what was the gist of Quinn's comments on SK?
in the Niall Quinn thread
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

in the Niall Quinn thread

Thumbs Up
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

you could do with a strong personality around the squad atm.
Play her in CM in the next match then - she couldn't be any worse than Hourihane. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:02pm
No more news on this bullish!t?

I actually thought more would be revealed this week.

I’m still expecting someone to do a Sunday interview with mail about how he was “shocked” and “horrified” by the video, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens if/when they leave.

I’m sure Kenny wants to know who it is (he probably knows anyway).

Surely the players want to know?

As an Irish supporter I’m mad to know who it is. To think someone in Irish set up had an issue with video or prematch comments before a match against England is pathetic (before any match even)- to think someone leaked it is even worse - I’d love to know their motivation behind it. 

Would be nice for Kenny to rid anyone not on board with him ASAP. I know the fai are skint but it’s money that should be spent imo. Big few months ahead. Kenny needs to try encourage those not playing regularly to go out on loan in January, even if it means dropping a level. The job starts in March!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:33pm
Maybe will do it discreetly and not in the public domain.

The last thing Kenny needs is the spotlight back on him considering how poor the results have been.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe will do it discreetly and not in the public domain.

The last thing Kenny needs is the spotlight back on him considering how poor the results have been.

Maybe that’s how it’ll play out alright. The Irish media seem to have nearly zero interest in the story.  to be fair to them they didn’t jump on it when they could have - but I’d have thought there might be interest in who it was or who leaked it.

I just think it was a serious betrayal to a manager not long into the job 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 8:32pm
To me it seems the complainant and leaker may not be the same person? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

No more news on this bullish!t?

I actually thought more would be revealed this week.

I’m still expecting someone to do a Sunday interview with mail about how he was “shocked” and “horrified” by the video, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens if/when they leave.

I’m sure Kenny wants to know who it is (he probably knows anyway).

Surely the players want to know?

As an Irish supporter I’m mad to know who it is. To think someone in Irish set up had an issue with video or prematch comments before a match against England is pathetic (before any match even)- to think someone leaked it is even worse - I’d love to know their motivation behind it. 

Would be nice for Kenny to rid anyone not on board with him ASAP. I know the fai are skint but it’s money that should be spent imo. Big few months ahead. Kenny needs to try encourage those not playing regularly to go out on loan in January, even if it means dropping a level. The job starts in March!

I think that given the reaction from Irish media, fans and players, it's unlikely that this will happen. They didn't achieve the reaction they were looking for.

As HB said, I'd imagine it'll be handled in a discreet manner. The FAI and Kenny could do without being front page news for a while.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 6:55am
you may find when they meet up in March someone may have stepped down or moved on due to family or health reasons etc. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:13am
Originally posted by SeanyL SeanyL wrote:

To me it seems the complainant and leaker may not be the same person? 

That's the rumour all right, a non team staff member tried to do a hatchet job on Kenny. It failed, hopefully the axe falls on them.
It would damage this forums' reputation
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:46am
Unfortunately you will have to wait until March but it will come out. SK needs to up his game on all aspects of communication. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

you may find when they meet up in March someone may have stepped down or moved on due to family or health reasons etc. 

I think the best way to deal with this debacle is for the whole apparatus of Irish international football to fall silent until next year. its been a difficult year, and this ridiculous, non-story has added fuel to a fire.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 735>
  Share Topic