Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 735>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Thats spot on. It was clear that his statement needed to be read as much for what he didn’t say as much as what he did.  No denying that he didn’t have an issue with the video or speech.   No mention of Kenny and no support of Kenny and tweeted it rather than use the press office.  

I don't know maybe I'll be proven wrong but i don't think it was Kelly that complained. Just does not add up for me. 
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Thats spot on. It was clear that his statement needed to be read as much for what he didn’t say as much as what he did.  No denying that he didn’t have an issue with the video or speech.   No mention of Kenny and no support of Kenny and tweeted it rather than use the press office.  

I don't know maybe I'll be proven wrong but i don't think it was Kelly that complained. Just does not add up for me. 

Doherty read The article in the examiner.  Now think how does the journalist know all of these details including that Kenny was calm and that the players were passionate and that Duff and Andrews were also in their defence of Kenny and then that Kelly raised the complaint.   That’s an awful lot of details for the journalist to have. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:48pm

Daily Heil tomorrow:

''Ex EIRE Manager Brian Kerr in 'anti English rant.''

It has emerged Brian Kerr used anti English racism to motivate his tribe of Paddies in an effort to beat The Queens Finest in an underage football international. Kerr also sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers.''

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:55pm

Doherty read The article in the examiner.  Now think how does the journalist know all of these details including that Kenny was calm and that the players were passionate and that Duff and Andrews were also in their defence of Kenny and then that Kelly raised the complaint.   That’s an awful lot of details for the journalist to have. 

Oh ok i see that article now. Well thats a little disappointing i must say. Prob the end of his time with us now so.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:05am

Oh ok i see that article now. Well thats a little disappointing i must say. Prob the end of his time with us now so.

forgave me for being a bit slow ere but then who was it gave the journalist these details?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:28am
It was telling that once it was decided that the video wasn't the issue, whoever had leaked it or made the complaint, tried to shift focus to the speech. Whatever they hoped to achieve has had the opposite effect and it's great to see the senior players and coaching staff come out in support of Kenny.

Kelly's position within the squad is now completely untenable. It's a shame that someone who has been involved in Irish football for so long will leave on this note, but he made his choice.

It might actually be a blessing for Kenny. After 3 disappointing performances, he was under a lot of pressure without any games until March. While the pressure is still there, at least he now knows he has the full support of his players, coaches, FAI (apart from the rat), and supporters.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:40am

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/kenny-leak-kerr-1110131?fbclid=IwAR1Lys2h_zAyqSHDRoPlI-z4K3Aqnc5NszZ3_0am4vh9mU3OI4j3NZzhCgI

Sensible comments from Kerr. 

Isn’t it flaming sad that Kerr has to reveal this examples though to prove that stuff like that is used in dressing rooms.

Pathetic!

FAI can say case closed all they like. And it’s good that they see nothing wrong with what Kenny said.

But this isn’t over by a long shot. Everyone will want to know who the snowflake was, who the rat was that leaked it to an anti irish rag, - and what exactly their problem is.

I hope this is found out soon and it doesn’t drag on for weeks 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/kenny-leak-kerr-1110131?fbclid=IwAR1Lys2h_zAyqSHDRoPlI-z4K3Aqnc5NszZ3_0am4vh9mU3OI4j3NZzhCgI

Daily Heil tomorrow:

''Ex EIRE Manager Brian Kerr in 'anti English rant.''

It has emerged Brian Kerr used anti English racism to motivate his tribe of Paddies in an effort to beat The Queens Finest in an underage football international. Kerr also sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers.''

Any truth in this? Asking for a friend.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Isn’t it flaming sad that Kerr has to reveal this examples though to prove that stuff like that is used in dressing rooms.

Pathetic!

FAI can say case closed all they like. And it’s good that they see nothing wrong with what Kenny said.

But this isn’t over by a long shot. Everyone will want to know who the snowflake was, who the rat was that leaked it to an anti irish rag, - and what exactly their problem is.

I hope this is found out soon and it doesn’t drag on for weeks 

the are probably one and the same imo. id guess kelly made the statement denying he was the leak in a last ditch attempt to save a shred of dignity
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:56am
Kenny will hopefully get rid of Kelly. 

Edited by KING-CON - 23 Nov 2020 at 8:58am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:03am
You need more money in the meter there KC
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:12am
I think it was O'Dowda.

Pulled out after the England game but was fit to start on Saturday
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:36am

Doesn't say how that game against Denmark went.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:21pm

Perhaps the issue with Randolph AK is that they are not happy with the focus on short passing and more onus on keeper to play it short. GK generally want to get the ball out of danger ASAP. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:35pm
if that’s true it’s another reason you would move him on if possible.  If you are bringing in a new style that has greater need for keepers to play the ball with their feet it’s imperative that the gk coach is comfortable coaching that and buys into it.
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:42pm
It should be remembered that Bobby Robson's first words when giving a team talk for the 1990 WC semi final were ''We beat them int he war.''

Due to this remark goalkeepers Chris Woods and Dave Beasant walked out in disgust and told Das Bild
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Perhaps the issue with Randolph AK is that they are not happy with the focus on short passing and more onus on keeper to play it short. GK generally want to get the ball out of danger ASAP. 
Most premier league teams try and play out a bit so I'm sure it's not the first time Randolph's been asked to play rather than boot it
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Most premier league teams try and play out a bit so I'm sure it's not the first time Randolph's been asked to play rather than boot it

Perhaps not but it's probably something he's been asked to do more of later in his career. In that respect the future bodes well as Kelleher and Bazunu (since he moved to City at least) have nearly been brought up that way and both should be very capable with the ball at their feet if and when they do progress into the starting eleven.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 735>
  Share Topic