Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 735>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:04pm
Delighted to hear this.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:05pm
Murph will be devastated 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:17pm
Despite the ambiguities in AK's statement is it 100% fact that he even complained about the video? I assume he did but something will have to give if he did. I think if anything happens, it'll probably be after the world cup draw in two weeks. 

I'm delighted but not overly surprised the senior players backed him. If they were being selfish Coleman arguably could have had more of an axe to grind with Kenny than Duffy or Brady regarding game time but it's a testament to his character as the team captain to back his manager when he's under pressure after a poor Nations League campaign. Clap

From the outside looking in, I think Kenny has handled the players very well since day 1 and even went out of his way to acknowledge/mention players like Christie when asked about the Coleman/Doherty dilemma in a previous interview. 

He's brought in players out from the cold such as Arter and the players who I didn't think should be anywhere near the squad like Horgan and Curtis who gave a good account of themselves. Curtis himself could've had two goals this campaign. He was unlucky in Finland and should've at least got it on target against Bulgaria. 

Hopefully Kenny's vindication tonight and a half decent world cup draw in two weeks with a favourable second seed will set us up nicely for March. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:22pm
Is Kelly still guilty as far as everyone here is concerned? Be interesting to see if hes at the next camp
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:28pm
He'll be kept on as long as there are signs of improvement and that things are heading the right way.

In his first 5 games I saw great signs and thought things were getting better even though the results were not good.  The team were passing well in tight area, not panicking, some good ball retention and some clever worked moves were to be seen here and there.

Then the last 3 games were a major step back.  I'm not talking about results.  The performances dipped and regressed badly.  There was much less passing and sloppy passing when there was. There was long balls here there and everywhere.  Bad team selections (Hourihane) and baffling substitutions.  That's the worrying bit for me.  Either the players are not listening to his instructions or Kenny has now decided to go more route 1 which is against the very reason he was brought in in the first place.  If he isn;t going to implement good football we may as well go back to Mick.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:28pm
funnily enough, Kenny got a lot of good will because of this. People know a stitch up when they see one. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

funnily enough, Kenny got a lot of good will because of this. People know a stitch up when they see one. 
Exactly, now it’s time for the rats to nibble somewhere else
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:34pm

Thankfully so in this case. Still one orvtwo that were more than happy to use it because of their ‘footballing’ opinion of SK. Hopefully things can move on now behind the scenes and this outcome will prevent any further agenda driven leaks. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:38pm
ClapClap
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Exactly, now it’s time for the rats to nibble somewhere else

Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:57pm
We don't know what longer term impact this will have, positive or negative. As supporters, it is an undesirable episode whatever one's perspective is on it. 

Given the huge amount of criticism SK was getting on here post Bulgaria home, I would think a very small portion of posters used this to back up their footballing analysis of Kenny. 
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He'll be kept on as long as there are signs of improvement and that things are heading the right way.

In his first 5 games I saw great signs and thought things were getting better even though the results were not good.  The team were passing well in tight area, not panicking, some good ball retention and some clever worked moves were to be seen here and there.

Then the last 3 games were a major step back.  I'm not talking about results.  The performances dipped and regressed badly.  There was much less passing and sloppy passing when there was. There was long balls here there and everywhere.  Bad team selections (Hourihane) and baffling substitutions.  That's the worrying bit for me.  Either the players are not listening to his instructions or Kenny has now decided to go more route 1 which is against the very reason he was brought in in the first place.  If he isn;t going to implement good football we may as well go back to Mick.

I agree with most of this.  I felt the same.  First games were a breath of fresh air and looked like we were moving in the right direction, although there were one or two selections that looked a bit odd.  However we didn’t kick on at all and look like we are going backwards.  I have no problem with the occasional long ball as variety but the biggest issue is midfield and that is not being addressed.  

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I agree with most of this.  I felt the same.  First games were a breath of fresh air and looked like we were moving in the right direction, although there were one or two selections that looked a bit odd.  However we didn’t kick on at all and look like we are going backwards.  I have no problem with the occasional long ball as variety but the biggest issue is midfield and that is not being addressed.  

We pretty much had a full XI of Premier League Players missing for this window so I wouldn't be as critical. 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:09pm
the order of the fixtures will be important.   

Is it random?   Would be great to get a 5th or 6th seed under our belt in the first games.   Failing that maybe the 1st seed.  We don’t want to be playing the 2nd or 4th seed as our first games 
AKA pedantic kunt
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:19pm
Had a proper look at Alan Kelly’s statement and in fairness it’s  basically about how he didn’t leak anything. Nothing about not having any issue with Kenny or the video or anything else just that he didn’t leak the video. He hasn’t cleared up anything bar “he didn’t leak it”. 

Would make you wonder was he one of those with an issue and tbh if he has no issue with management and has made no effort to clear that up he’s an idiot. I get it was an off the cuff Twitter post so maybe he didn’t engage his brain and think “yeah might be no harm to clear it up I have no issue with management also” but still if something like that is leaked about me having an issue with management and I genuinely have no issue the first thing I do is call out the media/confirm otherwise and he actually hasn’t just “he didn’t leak anything”
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:27pm
Thats spot on. It was clear that his statement needed to be read as much for what he didn’t say as much as what he did.  No denying that he didn’t have an issue with the video or speech.   No mention of Kenny and no support of Kenny and tweeted it rather than use the press office.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Thats spot on. It was clear that his statement needed to be read as much for what he didn’t say as much as what he did.  No denying that he didn’t have an issue with the video or speech.   No mention of Kenny and no support of Kenny and tweeted it rather than use the press office.  

The fact he released that statement himself would make you wonder if things are being talked about behind the scenes re: a leaving package

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Nov 2020 at 11:41pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 735>
  Share Topic