Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 735>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:12pm
Look it's how i see it i know most disagree with me and i am fine with that . 
I don't want to go on and on so i will write it as bullet points .

Before he became manager 

When Kenny got the job he was a big fish in a very small pond .
He had two big jobs failed at Rovers and in Scotland .
Given the job by JD what are we in for a shock at the end of his contract with pay offs what we don't know of  ?
The FAI went for cheap after Mick was Kenny the best of the rest .

Since he has been in the job 
Nice football on the eye but no end product .
The system he plays we need better players .
I don't think he knows how to change any game when we fall behind .
Lost out on €9million not getting to the Euro's at very least .

Future 
A win will come .
How long will he be in the job before the media turn on him  .
After he go's will he get a job in the premier league or Championship ?

The reason i think he is not an international manager as he got lucky as he was cheap and the FAI were falling apart at the time .
I want a manager who has been around the block managed at the best leagues in the world and can bring that to the table . Kenny was outstanding at Dundalk but i think this job is far too big for him but time will tell .

I hope i have this so wrong and and we end up going to the World Cup and you can laugh at me as only time will tell . 

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Before he became manager 

Given the job by JD what are we in for a shock at the end of his contract with pay offs what we don't know of  ?

Future 
A win will come .

The reason i think he is not an international manager as he got lucky as he was cheap and the FAI were falling apart at the time .
I want a manager who has been around the block managed at the best leagues in the world and can bring that to the table . Kenny was outstanding at Dundalk but i think this job is far too big for him but time will tell .

I hope i have this so wrong and and we end up going to the World Cup and you can laugh at me as only time will tell . 

Maybe don’t make stupid snide remarks when no ones talking to you then. 
I stopped reading after that 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Before he became manager 

Future 
A win will come .

First point - of course we need better players. But as it's international football, he can't go out and sign better player. This means he has to fill the existing players with confidence that they can actually play football.

Second point - The three previous managers were all "results-oriented", "been around the block" type managers. These managers killed any confidence in the players that they could play anything resembling football, 2 of whom even made these comments in the media.

They were also earning a small fortune.

You've labelled us not qualifying for the Euro's as one of Kenny's failures. It was his first proper competitive game FFS LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:55am
Anymore judging Kenny, or drawing conclusions after 5 games and a handful of training sessions, needs their head examined.

You see comments on social media about him, and you wonder have any of these people genuinely attempted real change in their own life? Has anyone walked the plank and taken that leap of faith in life, whether in career, love or otherwise. 

Drastic change in life is fundamentally tough. We instinctively rail against it. It's the reason why most people in life don't change. There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going and that's the truth of it.

I find it impossible to believe that anybody who has stuck their head above the parapet and made that change in life could also be the same people who make comments about Kenny and what he's trying to achieve.

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:49am
[QUOTE=Claret Murph]Look it's how i see it i know most disagree with me and i am fine with that . 

Before he became manager 

Future 
A win will come .

That all seems a reasonable perspective, Richard Dunne doesn't think he is up to it either, not bad company to keep.

Edited by TooOldForThis - 23 Oct 2020 at 9:50am
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:36am
Granada best Getafe 1-0 in La Liga tonight. Completed 88 passes in the entire game. Perhaps Kenny could learn a thing or two from it
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:46am
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Granada best Getafe 1-0 in La Liga tonight. Completed 88 passes in the entire game. Perhaps Kenny could learn a thing or two from it

No thanks.

We completed 98 passes in Belgrade under O Neill. I wish that game had been called off due to the rain that day. Absolutely abysmal on and off the pitch. Would happily take current style for another 3 games before we get into the business end in March and let’s see what happens. We have failed to complete passes for years, driven fans away, bore those who’ve attended and havent near qualified (barring those 5 additional goals we’d have needed at home to Denmark). Time for Kenny 

Edited by Pipkin - 26 Oct 2020 at 12:47am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 9:18am

One poor example of a team winning with only 88 passes is enough to convince some that we should go back to a tactic that hasn't qualified us for the world Cup for 20 years... I'm convinced these people don't watch ireland games.

Theoretically, in order for Kenny to break even, he needs to be ireland manager for 20 years, not qualify for a world cup, qualify for 2 euros, one of which we get embarrassed in every game and go home with a single goal and another where we do.... OK

Yes, I think that achievable 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:02am

I know he has been unlucky, but I don't think it's something you can learn.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:04am

Jesus H fecking Christ. Clown
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 4:07pm

This is one of the most mental posts I’ve seen on any football forum - it’s mental because I think you’re actually serious and not on a wind up Shocked
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 4:45pm

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by MayoMark - 26 Oct 2020 at 4:48pm
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 6:23pm
Spotted this on Camden Street.  "praise the young and they will flourish"
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm

Spotted this on Camden Street.  "praise the young and they will flourish"

Jaysus
Danger here, OH NO
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 6:43pm
Isn't that "praise the youth and she will come"?
Not quite sure what flourish is in Irish, but "Fásfaidh siad" would be "they will grow". 
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 7:05pm
The lack of game time for the majority of our squad the past few weeks must have Kenny worried. Randolph, O'Shea, Molumby, Hourihane, Brady, Robinson, O'Dowda, Connolly, McGoldrick & Idah are not getting a lot of minutes. Coupled with the poor form of Egan, Stevens, Duffy & Doherty to an extent, we are not in great shape for next month 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

The lack of game time for the majority of our squad the past few weeks must have Kenny worried. Randolph, O'Shea, Molumby, Hourihane, Brady, Robinson, O'Dowda, Connolly, McGoldrick & Idah are not getting a lot of minutes. Coupled with the poor form of Egan, Stevens, Duffy & Doherty to an extent, we are not in great shape for next month 

Spot on with this... there's not a player in the squad that's even just doing ok 
going into these games.

Mccarthy and Coleman also injured. 

Pains me to say it but I think we're looking at two loses and a draw in a few weeks.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 7:13pm
Kevin Long for the first time in his career is actually playing games!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 735>
  Share Topic