You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Censorship is alive and well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If LOI fans start anything at the grounds their teams get punished by FAI.  Honestly the best place to maybe hold a flag would be at 
(A) airport arrivals on the day before and day of the euro qualifier draw
(B) As close as possible as we could get to the convention centre the day of the euro draw.

JD hardly has control over the airport or dublin city streets 
Think about this , if he can control what happens at grounds in Denmark and Serbia just think what he can do in Dublin Confused

Of course he can LOL

Security of FAI calls Airport security saying

"Hi, we have some VIP's visiting they will be landing at this time, we expect there to be trouble can you please remove anyone you see with any signs criticising the FAI.

Likewise for Dublin Streets they contact the Garda.

I'll let SuperDave confirm this but I'd imagine both of the above would be considered disturbing the peace also in the airport which is a privately owned building seen as you'd be on private property and there would be some laws about that.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Nov 2018 at 11:33am
Sponsored Links

houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:48am
I am organising a Protest outside the Convention Centre. 

PM me if you want in. Its going to count and be noticed.  
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:56am
park up a tugboat in the liffey outside the conventiom centre 

LOLLOL
Touts Out!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:05pm
had a good chat with the danish steward while he searched my bag he told me they were told to confiscate any items with John Delaney’s name on it.

To treat the people who pay his wages like criminals is not on and in any other country would be headline news but as long as the independent supporters clubs condone this nothing will h. happen
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm
The Problem Child flag was the size of a stamp, ridiculously over the top carry on. They really are a sad little bunch at FAI hq 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

LOLLOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:46pm
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:29pm
Lads, what exactly was going on in that video?  I found it hard to decipher what was happening
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

LOLLOL
LOL

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:40pm
Fans should be allowed to protest peacefully, at the end of the day we are the ones paying the money to watch the team, to buy programmes, merchandise etc.

Its a sad day when you are not allowed a say on who should be in charge of the countries national side, even worse when those in power are making sure any protests are kept minimal or stopped completely. Its a complete shambles from top to bottom. I have no doubt these people will try everything they can to stop fans having their say. They really need to look at themselves and ask are they best for the national set up. Will they though? will they balls.

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

But then again a lot of LOI fans want nothing to do with the international team.

Exactly, why should Rovers be hit with a huge fine?
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:10pm
Your man with the bell should be booed every time he rings it in Lansdowne in the future.

Edited by Lostandfound - 20 Nov 2018 at 5:10pm
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Your man with the bell should be booed every time he rings it in Lansdowne in the future.

We were laughing when he went for over a minute straight. Unbelievable stuff from him.
Danger here, OH NO
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
is the lad with the bell same chap that does go every St Pats game and stands on tarmac side?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

We were laughing when he went for over a minute straight. Unbelievable stuff from him.

That fooking bell. Angry 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

To be honest and I hate to say it. A lot of this is brought upon ourselves.
As someone pointed out if you were going to rob a bank you wouldn't broadcast it.

The FAI knew what was coming and acted. Simple as.

It is well known the FAI watch this forum and other fan forums, as well as social media channels for journalists (security used a picture tweeted by Daniel McDonnell)  they have a whole media team who they pay to do it.

my only advice is if you are going to plan to do something don't do it so public.

Not condoning the FAI's actions btw I think it's horrible subjecting fans the kind of treatment.

I bring my nephew to the games at home he asked me the other day why aren't we searched going into the ground like the are on the other side (south stand) we sit in the east so literally 100 steps away.

I couldn't give him an answer other then the FAI don't trust people in that stand. Of course trust should work both ways which on evidence of last night it doesn't.

The same flag that was confiscated last night was in the stadium in Wroclaw and on show at the end of that match baby so your point is defunkt

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

That fooking bell. Angry 
Same f**king eejit was still ringing the bell when we were 5-1 down to Denmark. Should be booed from now on instead of cheered
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

is the lad with the bell same chap that does go every St Pats game and stands on tarmac side?

It's a different person, AFAIK.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic