You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v THE EIRE Pain Prediction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:33pm
As long as we get a few decent aways I don't care. 

I need some positivity in terms of new cities / countries.

EDIT - the highlights of the game are on now LOL

Edited by kearney304 - 19 Nov 2018 at 10:34pm
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:34pm
Big Mick on the highlights panel, interesting what he has to say....reckon Kerr and Kilbane will get stuck in
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Tommy Martin trying to feign excitement for “extended highlights” LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Tommy Martin trying to feign excitement for “extended highlights” LOL
Extended!? That should have been stopped on humanitarian grounds.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:43pm
I reckon a defensive 0-0 in a dead rubber does absolutely nothing to boost MON. It had 'flat', 'mediocre', 'uninspiring' written all over it, just like nearly every other game this year. The only thing that could have given him any sort of a boost would have been an Irish win with a good few chances created.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:47pm
Highlights are still going.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:57pm
That was utterly hopeless tonight but what do you expect with Christie in central midfield. These performances are totally unacceptable. MON is clearly deluded and the FAI need to grow some balls and take the hit by paying him off. It's toxic now. He has lost the fans and it looks like the players too although Keane has made a better job of that. We are going nowhere under him. He has to go or its half filled stadiums all the way.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I reckon a defensive 0-0 in a dead rubber does absolutely nothing to boost MON. It had 'flat', 'mediocre', 'uninspiring' written all over it, just like nearly every other game this year. The only thing that could have given him any sort of a boost would have been an Irish win with a good few chances created.

In theory, you’re correct - or, at least, should be. It will, seemingly, make f**k all difference where it counts though 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

That was utterly hopeless tonight but what do you expect with Christie in central midfield. These performances are totally unacceptable. MON is clearly deluded and the FAI need to grow some balls and take the hit by paying him off. It's toxic now. He has lost the fans and it looks like the players too although Keane has made a better job of that. We are going nowhere under him. He has to go or its half filled stadiums all the way.

Hundreds of managers have been sacked for less. There's no way this management team can turn things around in 2019.

Ouch from Eriksen : "They (Ireland) are too scared to go forward".
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:18pm
Hendricks’ MOTM award must be a two-finger salute to this forum - that’s the only explanation tbh Wink
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Good first ten minutes, dour 80 thereafter.

2 points; firstly, our lack of a press is bizarre. We only pressed properly once in the entire game, and lo-and-behold, we won back possession and got a free kick in a good position.
Secondly, we do everything at such a pedestrian pace. We never, ever, take a quick throw-in or free kick, we never move the ball quickly out of defence. There's just no urgency in our play.

On an aside, Hendrick once again showed what nonsense the criticism levelled against him is. He held his position well, kept Eriksen quiet, and actually looked comfortable on the ball when he got it. Far and away our best midfielder.
Were you the one in charge of the MOTM award then? He touched the ball maybe once each half very briefly, much as per usual. 
I was genuinely wondering who Jeff was trying to fool by his policy of hiding himself from play to conceal his deficiencies but looks like there's at least one sucker out there!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:30pm
Sky Sports saying "in truth, this was a game that could turn you off football for life", hard to argue with that. Same could be said for the last 4 games we have played. 4 goals in 9 games in 2018 and 3 of those in friendlies, I fear who we are going to draw in the qualifiers if these chancers are still in charge.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:37pm
4 games in the NL and one goal scored, a consolation at 4 nil down. Not a shot in anger in both of the home games and in last weeks friendly. Pathetic, yet no serious media push for a change. The Irish football media are a cowardly shower of ****z. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Hendricks’ MOTM award must be a two-finger salute to this forum - that’s the only explanation tbh Wink

What? MOTM? What a level we've sunk to.

155 completed passes tonight. Zero goals for the fourth game in a row, zero chances made, again for the fourth game in a row cos chances we previously had were opponents mistakes.

I never thought I'd feel as much despair again after poor Stan's tenure, but this is worse because I knew exactly how the game would pan out when the team was revealed.

FAI should give refunds to the travelling fans. 

Horrendous, clueless, directionless, monotonous, grim sh*te from our Manager again.

This can't go on, but I fear it will.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:54pm
interesting to see how the fai market the upcoming qualifiers - there was decent interest in the 2 euro league games apart from the fact they overpriced the tickets. Things have deteriorated to a new low now.  be a real struggle to give away free tickets with these 2 in charge. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

interesting to see how the fai market the upcoming qualifiers - there was decent interest in the 2 euro league games apart from the fact they overpriced the tickets. Things have deteriorated to a new low now.  be a real struggle to give away free tickets with these 2 in charge. 

Image result for circus poster
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:07am
just looking at another thread asking are we now as bad as San Marino and the Faroes. We’re not at that stage yet by we will be if O’Neill stays on. One thing I will say is the likes of San Marino give 100% in every game and whether they’re beaten 1-0 or 8-0 they go down fighting. The same can’t be said for us under O’Neill. There was a semblance of fight and unity in the squad until the Denmark game at home last year. That was the night it all fell apart and no player has looked any bit confident in an Irish shirt since. In my lifetime we’ve gone in to big games with a degree of optimism no matter who the opposition were. That has evaporated now and I genuinely can’t see when it’s going to return. We haven’t got a World Class player and probably won’t for a long long time but let’s not forget that the squad is made up of professional players. If a fella on €180,000 per MONTH can’t organize a team of professional footballers to pass a f**king ball or get them to follow a plan in a game then I really do give up.

I thought Staunton’s reign was as bad as it could get but this situation we’re in now is infinitely worse. When Staunton was there we had reason to be hopeful for the next man in. Keane, Duff, Given, O’Shea and Dunne were all in their prime and were all playing with top clubs week in week out. We knew that all we needed was a proper manager to come in and things would pick up. O’Neill hasn’t got that luxury and instead he has to work with a squad that needs to work together as a collective. He isn’t doing that and it’s going from bad to worse. The squad at the moment aren’t getting what they need for the manager and although they’re professionals and need to take some responsibility and fight on the pitch - they’re getting absolutely none off of itI hope Rice goes and declares for England. He could turn out to be a brilliant player and he’d be wasted in the Ireland team. If he was a striker I’d be saying different but he’s not, he’s a centre half and he’s never going to be a match winner or a creative player that will do something to spur on the rest of the team. I’m so pissed off with all of this at the moment and O’Neill is pissing himself laughing at all of us. 
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

Image result for circus poster

Roll up, roll up !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic