You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v THE EIRE Pain Prediction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

We may not have the players to be world beaters, but we do have the players to give competent performances. Even if it's as rudimentary as putting 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes. 

What we have atm are a bunch of players just thrown together before games, not coached and not prepared, a "motivator" ttp out of us, and a head honcho, who counts us hosting the Euro draw and himself moving up the UEFA pecking order as "progress" these days. 

He's still banging on about him losing friendlies at Forest, as if these games are also friendlies. For 4 years, he was just as clueless and cantankeous, but he got by on lucky breaks. There have been no lucky breaks in the past 12 months and he can't cut the mustard anymore.

Sure last game we had 3(4 if you Callum Robinson classifies as one ) left wingers playing  and not one actually played left wing

This is one of my biggest issues with MON, not playing players in the right position. I mean look at it this way:

Robbie Brady- If you want to get the best out of him then play him left wing or left back. He is not a number 10 nor a right winger nor a centre midfielder. 

James McClean- McClean is a left winger. That is it. He can't play anywhere else. All his damage is done on the wing. He isn't a wing back nor is he a striker.

Cyrus Christie- He is a right back or right wing back. He most certainly 100% is not a central midfielder.

Callum O'Dowda- O'Dowda is a winger. Predominantly a left winger but can play on the right as well. He is not a central midfielder unless needed in an emergency.

Callum Robinson- Another winger or possibly a number 10 but definitely not a lone front man.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:14pm
Would a heavy defeat make MONROY's! position untenable???
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

We may not have the players to be world beaters, but we do have the players to give competent performances. Even if it's as rudimentary as putting 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes. 

What we have atm are a bunch of players just thrown together before games, not coached and not prepared, a "motivator" ttp out of us, and a head honcho, who counts us hosting the Euro draw and himself moving up the UEFA pecking order as "progress" these days. 

He's still banging on about him losing friendlies at Forest, as if these games are also friendlies. For 4 years, he was just as clueless and cantankeous, but he got by on lucky breaks. There have been no lucky breaks in the past 12 months and he can't cut the mustard anymore.

Sure last game we had 3(4 if you Callum Robinson classifies as one ) left wingers playing  and not one actually played left wing

A starting eleven with every player in the correct position (or at worst a leftwinger on the right or vice versa) would be a huge step in the right direction under O'Neill.

We can actually name a team with a decent bit of structure to it from the players in the 23 man squad.

-----------Randolph
Coleman Long Duffy Stevens
----------Arter Meyler
O'Dowda Robinson Brady
-------------O'Brien / Hogan / Obafemi / Curtis

Instead we'll go for a mix-match of Brady at ten, Christie in midfield alongside O'Dowda and three at the back.

World class players can be asked to play in foreign positions, but Premier League and Championship journey men can't.

I had no idea what postion Brady or O'Dowda were playing against the North on Thursday

Jeff Hendrick didn't either LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:20pm
Jeff was minding the corner flags.

I can actually understand MON trying players in midfield and up front, albeit Christie is a puzzler, because we have f**k all there! The problem is repeatedly trying things that have failed every time, like Brady in the middle and McClean up front.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

With any sensibly run Association yes but unfortunately the FAI isn't Cry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:12pm
Watching McClean play is torture at the moment. He can't play as a wing back ffs. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:18pm
Dan McDonnell saying that Hereide will play Eriksen but will take him off during the game and he will be experimenting. MON is very lucky that he faced Wales without Bale in Dublin and Denmark with no Eriksen who would have humiliated him.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:19pm
I can’t help but feel that even a major defeat won’t upset the status quo. The available answers are obvious, mainly that the Nations League was not viewed as qualification, and that what happens in 2019 is crucial, and that these were essentially glorified friendly matches. The 0-0 draw with the Danes in Dublin will be held out as progress, as will the draws with Poland and NI, while the defeats to Wales will be related to injury.

This evening is not interesting me in the slightest. Watching us sit back and inviting the Danes onto us in the same way we did with NI would just be painful to watch. There has to be another way to play football, and the current method is just not good enough.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:28pm
Stan beat the Danes 4-0 in Aarhus in 2007.

Stan>MON

DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:06pm
Republic of Ireland Squad
Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph, Colin Doyle, Caoimhin Kelleher

Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Cyrus Christie, Richard Keogh, Shane Duffy, Kevin Long, Darragh Lenihan, Jimmy Dunne, Lee O'Connor, Enda Stevens

Midfielders: Robbie Brady, Jeff Hendrick, Conor Hourihane, Harry Arter, David Meyler, Shaun Williams, Callum O'Dowda

Forwards: Scott Hogan, Callum Robinson, Aiden O'Brien, Ronan Curtis, Michael Obafemi

Lee O'Connor apparently the one to miss out on the match day squad.

Edited by DalyerRegular - 19 Nov 2018 at 5:18pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:48pm
There's 7 or 8 lads in that squad that I wouldn't recognise if they walked past me in the street.

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

There's 7 or 8 lads in that squad that I wouldn't recognise if they walked past me in the street.
#superfan
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

#superfan

No you only reach superfan status of you have been to 19 or more of the last 20 away games. 

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

A 30 year old Irish fan has been found dead in a harbour in Denmark this morning. Absolutely tragic news. RIP

very sad news. Any more info?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

#superfan

No you only reach superfan status of you have been to 19 or more of the last 20 away games. 
  I'd rather they walked past me
LOL

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:28pm
Randolph

Coleman

Christie

Duffy 

O'Dowda

O'Brien 

Brady 

Stevens 

Hendrick 

Keogh 

K Long

BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:28pm
Christie in midfield again...
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

With any sensibly run Association yes but unfortunately the FAI isn't Cry
We need to win to increase our playoff chances and maybe even sneak a home semi final.

Mon won't get the sack after tonight, lets be honest, so at least try and somehow get a better play off chance and then when it inevitably goes tits up in the spring the new manager will have a decent fall back in the playoffs.

Of course I dont think we have any chance of winning but its definitely preferable to getting tanked.

Edited by rolo - 19 Nov 2018 at 6:29pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>
  Share Topic