Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U17 friendly tournament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U17 friendly tournament
    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:17pm
for first time in a number of years one of our under age teams are to play England. Colin O Brian's u17 are playing a 4 team tournament. On 8th NOVEMBER they play England at 7pm in Tallaght. They also play Germany and Czech republic. But I think the England really stands out. Bring it on.
alive and kicking
Sponsored Links

Doolz101 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 8:26pm
Interesting to see if Armstrong Okoflex plays for England that night!! 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:51pm

Do you have the dates and kickoff times for the 6 games?

I have been looking for them for quite a while.    
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Doolz101 Doolz101 wrote:

Interesting to see if Armstrong Okoflex plays for England that night!! 

Well last 3 games for England twice he didnt get off the bench and was only played in there handy match, so to speak.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 8:36am
Times dates and venues at www. Fai.ie
alive and kicking
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Times dates and venues at www. Fai.ie

Thanks.

Link here

smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:35pm
lost 3 1 to England. England down to 10 men for about 50 minutes. Very small crowd. Not bad game  Corcoran made a terrific save in the second d half.but  was at fault for the first goal and himself and a defender got into a right mess for the second. Everitt, Holt and Keogh played well I thought. Hope a few more fans turn out for the next two games 
alive and kicking
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:03am
I thought it was a really good game but England were better.  We could have nicked a draw and had chances at 2-1 down.  Ebosele looked really good at times as well.  

I also thought the crowd was very disappointing but I did speak with a few people who didn't know the games were on.   

The English guy sent off (Cirken) was born in Dublin and shares a house with Troy Parrott.   
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:12am
Wasn't there last night but hope to be there for the Czech game on Sunday. FAI do hardly anything to promote these games. I can't recall seeing anything on their Facebook page yesterday about it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:37pm
I was at the game last night. In truth, England deserved the win. They were organised in defence, and broke with pace in possession, and looked far more likely to score than Ireland. While the boys in green did play good football, passing across the park, moving into space, there was precious little created for the isolated striker Conor Carty in the first half.
In the second half, Sobowale was moved up front to play alongside Carty, but England parked the bus and restricted the space for Ireland players. They didn't seem to have a Plan B. Plan A was to keep possession in defence, try to move up the park, push the full back (esp the left full) into the England half, but ran out of ideas after reaching the half way line, facing a blanket England defence.

I was impressed with Holt and Everitt on the right in the first half. Ebosele impressed on the left in the second half. I was disappointed that only two substitutions were made, the second with only a minute remaining. The front players were clearly exhausted and needed to be replaced. Ebosele was shown a yellow card right before the end of the game after a mistimed tackle when he really should have been withdrawn beforehand.

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:40pm
Lest anyone forget,

Sunday Nov 11th, England v Germany, UCD Bowl, ko 19:00

Opposing teams do battle as their nations' young men compete where so many other young men competed before.
#SilentSideline but will the warmongers on the touchline raise their heads above the parapet to break the silence.

Tickets: The price our young men have to pay is still being counted.
If this weather keeps up it'll be Passion Dale in The UCD Bowl (TUB).

#Armed_wi'_Sticks 

www.ucdsupporters.ie
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 8:41pm
Was at the  game in Tallaght earlier. Czechs won 3-2.    

Poor enough first half, didnt get going at all maybe a little nervous. Much improved 2nd half after a few ht subs. Our little left winger looked to Have lightening pace and got in behind them a few times. Also the number 9 who came on was a big improvement on hold up play an! few nice flicks. 2 goals in 5 mins put us in front, the second from a corner looked  fortunate but happy days. 

Czechs got a pen for pretty bad incident. Keeper came out to punch away a cross, but hit their forward/our centre half. Strange one, but the centre half was in a bad way, possibly knocked out but tHat was just my thinking. Stretchered off and hopefully hes ok. 

Late Czech winner in the 10min injury time, and they probably just shaded it. But always hard to be hit with a late sucker punch. 

Good game. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the perspectives tets and cardwizzard. Sounds like some bright points and hopefully some learning experiences

Edited by DeclanDaly - 11 Nov 2018 at 9:13pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:17pm
Would I be right in saying that the squad used for this tournament isn't the strongest available to management?

Was there not five / six players for last years tournament who are eligible for the 2019 competition? 

I assume that O'Brien wanted to cast an eye over players who haven't yet been given the chance to impress.

Our 16's kick off the charity shield in the next few weeks too, there could well be a handful of players from that squad who are included for the 17s EUROs.

What do people think of the idea of allowing the likes of Troy Parrott to play in the tournament even though his development is a good bit beyond this age group?

Personally I'd like to see him play and for us to give this tournament a real go considering we are hosting it.

You could argue that this could limit other players development, but Parrott in particular would greatly improve this team and could probably be the difference between doing well or not.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:49pm
There's an under 18 tournament in Spain this week as well with Ireland, England, Belgium and the Netherlands, but I haven't seen the squad announcement for it yet.
The U18 squad tends to be made up of home based players, so maybe the players missing from the u17 squad are with them?

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 11 Nov 2018 at 9:49pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:53pm
I reckon Parrott will play in the Euros especially if the 19s dont qualify. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:08am
Even if the 19s also qualify he'll play in both, 17s tournament is played in May and the 19s is played in July.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic