Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 99>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:05pm
I hope Idah can start scoring again but at this current point i dont see any role for him against France. Even if big Fergie went off id rather we went to a Obafemi/Parrott/Ogbene duo depending on who starts etc. Maybe im wrong and he could come on and blast a winner or a consolation goal or whatever but hes not progressing as we would have hoped for.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I hope Idah can start scoring again but at this current point i dont see any role for him against France. Even if big Fergie went off id rather we went to a Obafemi/Parrott/Ogbene duo depending on who starts etc. Maybe im wrong and he could come on and blast a winner or a consolation goal or whatever but hes not progressing as we would have hoped for.
And Parrott is?
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 2:05am
Thought he was good tonight. First couple of touches were a bit loose, but after that he made some very good runs and held the ball up well. Definitely a good option to have and, for me, he offered more than Ferguson on the night.
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 11:40am
Adam Idah did hold up the ball well, but to say he offered more than Ferguson seems a bit odd?

Pretty much every touch Ferguson had was productive/positive.

You can watch a compilation of every one of Ferguson's touches here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy07pNlpHUo
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:11pm
Did well but Konate and Upamecano were tiring at that stage when he came on, i think Konate was glad to see Idah come on as Ferguson had been a nightmare for him again.

Edited by jamo1 - 28 Mar 2023 at 12:13pm
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Adam Idah did hold up the ball well, but to say he offered more than Ferguson seems a bit odd?

You can watch a compilation of every one of Ferguson's touches here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy07pNlpHUo
Actually forgot about those first 3/4, he did start the game very strongly in fairness. Take back what I said
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 1:13pm
Thought Idah was great when he came on. Ferg was good too.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

If someone wishes to do a compilation of Idah's touches when he came on, I suspect that would look pretty good too, he put Mc Clean through on goal and put players into space on the rhs on at least 3 occasions, he was very good when he came on and probably created more than Ferguson did, but it was at a time of the match when we were pressing and the French were tiring so its unfair to compare in any case. And btw this dick swinging is tiresome, Ferguson is a super young player, but he was wrecked when he came off and we were able to put on a like for like without hindering the team shape whatsoever. Seems some lads just want to prove a point rather than just appreciating the fact we potentially have two quality hold up forwards in our ranks. Idah was excellent last night and rewarded the manager for showing faith in him.
Idah Dream!
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 5:51pm
Yeah agreed, Idah had some great touches. Held up the ball very well. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:05am
Could see him and Ferguson striking up a decent partnership. Idah likes to run the channels which would free Ferguson up to stay central and be a greater goal threat.

Edited by The Huntacha - 29 Mar 2023 at 6:05am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:11pm
Shane Long revealed that he wasn’t best pleased when Kenny allocated the #9 shirt to Idah, before even his first start. To add insult to injury, Shane had the ‘honour’ of presenting this shirt to Adam, as part of Kenny led initiative to integrate the young players into the side. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Shane Long revealed that he wasn’t best pleased when Kenny allocated the #9 shirt to Idah, before even his first start. To add insult to injury, Shane had the ‘honour’ of presenting this shirt to Adam, as part of Kenny led initiative to integrate the young players into the side. 
Am I missing an obvious joke or something? Had a quick google and couldn't find any source for that story LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Could see him and Ferguson striking up a decent partnership. Idah likes to run the channels which would free Ferguson up to stay central and be a greater goal threat.

It would be interesting to see if the two could work as a pair, but as I see it, the big plus is that they can provide a like for like tactical switch when required as on Monday. With international windows typically involving 2 games in 3 days, it is a big ask for any player to play two full 90s. The ability to switch between the two depending on fatigue levels etc while still maintaining team shape is a huge benefit.
Idah Dream!
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Am I missing an obvious joke or something? Had a quick google and couldn't find any source for that story LOL

In order to solve my insomnia I listened to his Mrs podcast and he was the guest interviewee!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:49pm

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

In order to solve my insomnia I listened to his Mrs podcast and he was the guest interviewee!
Just listened to it myself there, that's fairly embarrassing alright. Very questionable man management from Kenny, treating such a respected member of our squad like that..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 9:23pm
Getting quite a lot of stick on twitter today, fans seem fed up
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 11:27pm
What are they saying?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

What are they saying?
Doesn't score, not good enough for this level, should be dropped. The usual stuff for an out of form striker I suppose 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 99>
  Share Topic