You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 99>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 8:04pm
Any word on his injury
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Any word on his injury

Only had his scan today we probably wont hear anything until Sunday. Kenny said hes on crutches though so it doesn't sound too promising he'll be fit for us.

I just hope its a strain or bruising and not something more serious like a fracture or ligaments that'll sideline him long term again.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:36pm
Out for a few weeks now.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Out for a few weeks now.

Himself and Connolly are made of glass
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 9:56pm
Sadly he does seem to be made of glass alright. Think we underestimate how big a thing it is to stay injury free. It's a trait, just like pace and skill. When  you think of the punishment someone like Messi receives and how rarely he gets injured. It's a crucial part of the make up of a successful pro.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Out for a few weeks now.

Has still linked up with the Ireland squad though to be assessed by FAI medical staff. Won't play against Latvia but hoping there's a chance he can feature against France.

https://twitter.com/noriordan/status/1637788293776433159

Edited by J89 - 20 Mar 2023 at 2:49pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 3:35pm
That seems to suggest Kenny wants to use him against France, which is a bit surprising. On form you'd have thought he was bottom of the pile of the strikers picked.
We're decent enough..
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:01pm
Makes no sense. I don't think he has any chance of featuring. He may have featured against Latvia

Edited by Nialler - 20 Mar 2023 at 4:01pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:02pm
Fair play to him for turning up and wanting to be involved but, given his injury record, if he's assessed by the Irish medical team and he's not 100% the best thing they could do for him is send him back to England.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:12pm
100% would be sending him back if there’s even a doubt. All these lads are young (Ogbene at 25 the oldest) and no one game is worth risking them in if they are not right. 

Imagine if Kenny started Idah over Ferguson. LOL
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:29pm
Idah should be sent back and Cannon called up instead.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Idah should be sent back and Cannon called up instead.

Getting Collins or Horgan in, keep Judgy on standby LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:09pm
He's the most like for like replacement for Ferguson if Evan can't see out the 90 minutes and tbh Evan has very rarely played the full 90 this season. I can see the logic personally!
Idah Dream!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:16pm
Minus the goals
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Minus the goals

That's fair but it goes for most of the competition for that spot also.
Idah Dream!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:58pm
Gets a lot of airtime on here 
Don’t rate him 
Shouldn’t be on the squad 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That seems to suggest Kenny wants to use him against France, which is a bit surprising. On form you'd have thought he was bottom of the pile of the strikers picked.

As far as I am aware, Ogbene has one goal in his last 11 games, Parrott has scored one peno since he returned to action post world cup and neither Hogan or Keane have scored in their last 10 games, so the competition isn't exactly ripping it up either!
Idah Dream!
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Gets a lot of airtime on here 
Don’t rate him 
Shouldn’t be on the squad 

He's never really developed has he? In fairness the same could be said for Parrott, Connolly and so on, but Idah really stalled. One decent shift in 18 months and even then it was more like Tommy Coyne, run your bollix off. He's a chap I could genuinely see going through his entire Ireland career without a goal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 99>
  Share Topic