You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 100>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:49pm
Starts and already an assist after 1 minute.

Starting to make an impact 
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:57pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 8:06pm
Nice understanding there between them. One went towards the front post and one for the pull back and both ended up involved. Dean Smith has found his set up. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 8:12pm
Nice touch Clap

And yes, I think he meant it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:49pm
brilliant little lay off there. It was never in doubt he was coming good he only needed a string of games.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:55pm
Played okay tonight. Lovely little lay off for the first goal very intelligent easiest thing in the world for the lad to do in that situation is have a cut at it.  Smith who generally loves a target man (turned Olly Watkins into a proper PL standard target man) rates him and he's finally getting a run. Thing that makes me most hopeful for him going forward is how well he links up with Pukki.

While some may claim they can stay up I don't really see it. I'm really looking forward to seeing him link up with Pukki in the Championship next year games where they will be on the front foot. It could see them having a really fruitful time of it and hopefully in Idahs case leading to plenty goal contributions and hopefully goals too in those circumstances next year. 

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Feb 2022 at 10:56pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Played okay tonight. Lovely little lay off for the first goal very intelligent easiest thing in the world for the lad to do in that situation is have a cut at it.  Smith who generally loves a target man (turned Olly Watkins into a proper PL standard target man) rates him and he's finally getting a run. Thing that makes me most hopeful for him going forward is how well he links up with Pukki.

While some may claim they can stay up I don't really see it. I'm really looking forward to seeing him link up with Pukki in the Championship next year games where they will be on the front foot. It could see them having a really fruitful time of it and hopefully in Idahs case leading to plenty goal contributions and hopefully goals too in those circumstances next year. 

Are you joking with Watkins? He has never been a target man, have you seen him play? 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Are you joking with Watkins? He has never been a target man, have you seen him play? 

I have seen him play. Aye fair enough target man in the traditional sense is the wrong word. Focal point up front is probably a more appropriate word for it.  

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Feb 2022 at 11:16pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 10:32am

Yeah they need to be winning games like last night to have any hope of catching whoever finishes 17th. Good thing for us is Idah is finally getting a run of games. Has started the last six league games under Smith and hopefully stays that way.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 11:00am
Yeah, mixed bag. He has an important role for them though, would expect him to keep seeing game time. He started very brightly but then the defenders got very physical with his and the ref didn't intervene. Its hard for him but he is going to have to find a way of taking that treatment a bit more in his stride.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Not sure he's going to be the answer to our goalscoring woes but he's already important for ireland. 

We've got massive gaps in the team when it comes to players playing consistently at a good level. 

It's a concern that molumby, kilkenny, parrott, connolly, robinson and odowda have all taken a step backwards this season.

Knight, Cullen and idah the only three I can think of outside of defence and gk that are still taking steps forward at a good level.

Would disagree with you there on Parrott, and to a lesser extent Kilkenny.
Think he's doing OK.
Sure, not lighting the world up but is a good player for the L1 high-flyers.
He looks to have a solid work-ethic, puts the team first and is getting regular starts again.

As for Idah, am delighted to see him get regular starts and he is showing what he can do at this very high level.

Think he will be an important player for us.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 12:14pm

Not sure he's going to be the answer to our goalscoring woes but he's already important for ireland. 

We've got massive gaps in the team when it comes to players playing consistently at a good level. 

It's a concern that molumby, kilkenny, parrott, connolly, robinson and odowda have all taken a step backwards this season.

Knight, Cullen and idah the only three I can think of outside of defence and gk that are still taking steps forward at a good level.

Idah has plenty time to develop into a goalscorer yet. This is the first time in his career getting a proper run and while I don't see him scoring a lorry load of goals between now and the end of the season but playing against the calibre of defender he's playing against in the PL will be massive for his development.  

Kilkenny and Parrott have hardly taken backward steps have they? Kilkenny hadn't got a run of senior games until this season and Parrott has definitely stepped forward this season whilst admittedly not catching fire like some would have hope 2/3 years ago.

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 12:36pm
Idah is a big man togged out as we'd say at home and at some stage he will realise it and start using his frame more. This will come with games. Good to see he is getting a run.

Regarding the general picture for Irish young lads. They will develop, become stars, journeymen or disappear at speeds. Some we never heard of will blossom. 

Kilkenny has certainly made a step up this season (we forget he hadn't really played before hand). Festy is making big moves and Ogbene seems to be continuing to progress. Conor Ronan has definitely started to push on. Robinson has done ok.

Parrott & Connolly are stagnating a bit but hopefully 1 of them will kick on. Obefemi I think still has huge potential, goal at the weekend and looking fitter than ever but he really needs to do it over a sustained period. 

These guys are at the stage of their careers where it is all about dedication and attitude. They all have the ability, that is why they are where they are.
It's not me it's you:-)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 1:46pm

Idah has plenty time to develop into a goalscorer yet. This is the first time in his career getting a proper run and while I don't see him scoring a lorry load of goals between now and the end of the season but playing against the calibre of defender he's playing against in the PL will be massive for his development.  

Kilkenny and Parrott have hardly taken backward steps have they? Kilkenny hadn't got a run of senior games until this season and Parrott has definitely stepped forward this season whilst admittedly not catching fire like some would have hope 2/3 years ago.

Yeah so a lot of the good work I see idah do is out on the right to get past his man or holding up the ball in a deeper position. He doesn't see to get many chances in front of goal from what I've seen so far. Maybe that will change.

Kilkenny sees himself in the first team, play ok and then out of the squad altogether the next game. Not sure he'll be given a decent run of games this season. Hopefully that will change but he definitely capable of playing championship football.

Parrot is in a similar position to kilkenny. I will say that parrott is a football players rather than a lump it up front to the big bruiser you see in league 1. The pitch he played on the last game he played was shocking. He plays on a few pitches in that league that are unplayable. Not sure how it's good for his career 

That's very fair he's very much playing a role at Norwich. Bar the few chances he got against Everton and the one against Wolves chances have been in short supply. They will likely continue to be. Pukki got 3/4 ast night but the games prior likewise his chances were few and far between. Just the team they are playing in against mostly superior opposition etc. Down the Championship Norwich will be superior to most teams and they will likely get multiple chances/supply every game.

I think next year if they can both stay fit and the team gets relegated you could see the two of them and hopefully Idah get a fruitful time of it supported by Sargeant and Rashica on the flanks. Hopefully the goals will start to come then. He has a goal and 2 assists in his last 5 games if we are going by fantasy football rules (the set up for the OG) so he's contributing now at a much higher level. 

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Feb 2022 at 1:48pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 2:46pm

Yeah so a lot of the good work I see idah do is out on the right to get past his man or holding up the ball in a deeper position. He doesn't see to get many chances in front of goal from what I've seen so far. Maybe that will change.

Kilkenny sees himself in the first team, play ok and then out of the squad altogether the next game. Not sure he'll be given a decent run of games this season. Hopefully that will change but he definitely capable of playing championship football.

Parrot is in a similar position to kilkenny. I will say that parrott is a football players rather than a lump it up front to the big bruiser you see in league 1. The pitch he played on the last game he played was shocking. He plays on a few pitches in that league that are unplayable. Not sure how it's good for his career 

Parrott & Kilkenny aren't in similar positions at all.

Parrott is a starting player at MKD (started 19 of 26 league games he's been available for, & subbed on in the other 7), & is in his second full season of senior football at 19/20yo (creeping up on 80 senior appearances for club & country). His recent performances have garnered a lot of praise & there's no reason he won't continue to get games for the rest of the season.

Kilkenny is 21/22yo in his first season of senior football, & hasn't featured at all in more than half the league games because there's other players ahead of him. He might not feature much for the rest of the season. He had a promising start to the season, & it was a step forward from where he had been, but he's a mile behind where he should be, in terms of senior appearances (just 23 total), at 22.

Edited by Greenie50 - 10 Feb 2022 at 2:50pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:00pm
A knee issue keeps Idah out of the match day squad. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Edited by J89 - 12 Feb 2022 at 5:00pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

A knee issue keeps Idah out of the match day squad. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Will be out for a few weeks. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:41pm
The classic Irish player gets injured just as he's gathering proper momentum is alive and well. Good to see I thought it had been a while since since Smallbone getting injured at Xmas. 

Hope it's nothing too serious but got the vibe it will keep him out of a few games. 

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Feb 2022 at 5:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 100>
  Share Topic