Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 100>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Idah showing why he is a first name on the teamsheet for us. Those idiots suggesting he needs to drop to league 1 with egg on their faces.

His potential was never a question, how difficult is it for you to understand that he wasn't playing? 

He needs to be playing regularly and only of late, as in the last few weeks, he has been.

Everyone wants idah to do well, he can't do that sitting sown

My bigger issue would be with the level that was suggested. Posters saying he should avoid the Championship and go to League One. You have conveniently ignored that part. 

Regardless of what people said, the general feeling was that he needs to be playing games to continue his development and improve his game.

He played in the Championship last year but was still behind Pukki.

The important thing now is that he's playing games and not sitting on bench. And it looks as though Smith is finally giving him a chance.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Get focking in you beauty!!!! Clap

This is how far we have fallen πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒ

I wondered how long it would take for a comment like this to pop up. Christ. 

The point is when a player scores in the premier league and its a big deal.  Its great for Idah, but it.just goes to show.how desperate for talent we are that all sense of perspectibe goes out the window.and people celebrate like.ireland scored a goal in a qualifier. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm

The point is when a player scores in the premier league and its a big deal.  Its great for Idah, but it.just goes to show.how desperate for talent we are that all sense of perspectibe goes out the window.and people celebrate like.ireland scored a goal in a qualifier. 

I know what the point is. In fact, we all know what the point is- every single poster here does. I just don't get the need to make it. 

And perspective doesn't go out the window. From an Irish supporter's perspective it is great that a young Irish striker has scored in the Premier League. That is what perspective actually is. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 15 Jan 2022 at 4:38pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:01pm

I know what the point is. In fact, we all know what the point is- every single poster here does. I just don't get the need to make it. 

And perspective doesn't go out the window. From an Irish supporter's perspective it is great that a young Irish striker has scored in the Premier League. That is what perspective actually is. 

It’s great that he has scored but it’s sh*t that it’s a big deal or that it is newsworthy.  
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:01pm
Would rather he was playing in League one, more chance of getting goals consistently at that level, one goal in the Premier league isn’t going to do much good for him.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:04pm
Besides the goal Idah was motm. He looked so close to the complete forward today and the ball stuck to him when they went long or played it forward. Could have had a second but this performance will see him in the starting line up going forward. He is what norwich lack besides a good midfielder. 

Edited by Nialler - 15 Jan 2022 at 5:04pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:17pm
I find it amazing a player of the age of 20 is actually improving as ye grows and gains more experience who would of thought eh.
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

I find it amazing a player of the age of 20 is actually improving as ye grows and gains more experience who would of thought eh.

To be fair it isn't always as simple as that. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:29pm
First off delighted for him to get that goal. Even the puff he let out when the interviewer stated "your first PL goal" spoke volumes he's a young attacker goals are everything as an attacker he would have been thinking about it. 

Also the winning goal. Lads were saying he was going to be a Lower League/LOI player at best here a few days ago. He was never that bad and he's not the 2nd coming of Christ now he's scored and played so well in one game. Perspective needed. 

I have often said I'm hoping Idah develops into at least Watkins Toney Callum Wilson that level and that type of target man attacker more then good enough for a solid bottom half PL side. I think it's very realistic for him with his ability. 
He was exceptional today looked like a proper striker and even allowing for Micheal Keane tax made PL defenders look ordinary.  

A run of games now no injuries or anything stupid touchwood will be of massive benefit to him especially against the calibre of side Norwich will play every week. Needs to bully defenders and use his body like he's done the last two games consistently now. 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Jan 2022 at 5:29pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:49pm
His touch for the goal was like toffee. Recovered well though!
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:12pm
G’wan Adam ya good thing. Never doubted ya Boy!
Kennycandoit
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:19pm
I love his composure on the ball.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Ive watched every minute of Idah play in his last 6 games and my stream died just before he scored there today LOL
 LOL

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 15 Jan 2022 at 6:32pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm
He has a good last 2 games at PL level including getting a winning goal. 
It's surprising but good stuff. The last two performances were the kind of thing I was thinking he might be better of dropping down a division to do (getting time and chances). I doubt he will be going anywhere now
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:03pm
Goodness 42 new posts when he scored a goal . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Sending Burnley closer to the drop Clap
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yes , it is so disgusting for people to see a young Irishman succeed and to share their views on it on this forum. Sickening. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:11pm
Showed some clips of his all round game on MOTD there, full of praise for him. Reminded me a bit of the comments about Connolly after he scored the two against Spurs that time. 

Hopefully this sticks in Idah's case though - forwards who can hold the ball up like that and can finish as well are gold dust at that level, so if (big if) he can continue like this then we're on to something.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 100>
  Share Topic