You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 100>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:04pm
Better goals to minutes ratio this season than Teemu Pukki. Off a much smaller amount of game time obviously, but shows what might have been had he stayed fit and got a run of games.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I never had a go at him. I was having a go at Farke, if anything.

Yeah I was more so quoting it and making the point about Idah not starting in a nothing game as stated above. 

Idah is definitely of those born in 01 or earlier anyways our best chance of finding a Wilson Pukki Bamford even an Ivan Toney type goalscorer if that makes sense. He has he potential and attributes to get to that sort of level.

Of all Irish players hes by a mile the most intriguing one as regard what happens to him this summer. I’d love to see him go out on loan but Farke is caught in that rock and a hard place he rates him too highly to leave him out but he isn’t quite there yet that he starts ahead of Pukki. There no shame in that.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:29pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:27pm
Decent finish, the type you wouldn't be confident of any of our strikers scoring.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:13pm
I wonder if that goal may have convinced Farke to keep him on as 3rd or 4th choice striker next season. Not necessarily a good thing if he's only getting 10 minutes here and there.

He'd benefit from a strong Championship loan next season IMO.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:30am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Better goals to minutes ratio this season than Teemu Pukki. Off a much smaller amount of game time obviously, but shows what might have been had he stayed fit and got a run of games.
Defo would have scored more than 26 league goals and kept Pukki on the bench! 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:39am
Got the impression that he was particularly disappointed in not scoring given that TP and Knight scored.

Hoping he starts and score v Hungary.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:49am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Got the impression that he was particularly disappointed in not scoring given that TP and Knight scored.

Ahh he probably was but it’s not the end of the world. I missed the 4th goal but when I see it was scored I was hoping it was Idah. 1st goal is a monkey off the back. 

This lad is going to be a cracking little striker even allowing for Andorra’s players tiring a touch (they made plenty subs so this wouldn’t have been as pronounced as usual) the difference between him and Collins was evident. 

Two defenders were too busy trying to deal with him to anticipate Knights 3rd goal too did some great off the ball work. It will come for him. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Jun 2021 at 12:50am
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Ahh he probably was but it’s not the end of the world. I missed the 4th goal but when I see it was scored I was hoping it was Idah. 1st goal is a monkey off the back. 

This lad is going to be a cracking little striker even allowing for Andorra’s players tiring a touch (they made plenty subs so this wouldn’t have been as pronounced as usual) the difference between him and Collins was evident. 

Two defenders were too busy trying to deal with him to anticipate Knights 3rd goal too did some great off the ball work. It will come for him. 

I agree. Out best prospect up front. Would love to see him get off the mark for us. Could see him taking off then. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:36am
Buendia to be sold for 30m. Interesting to see what Norwich do with this money and what next season holds for Idah. 

I would be excited to see Idah go on loan and play a full season 30-40 games as a striker for a Championship club. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:09pm

Buendia to be sold for 30m. Interesting to see what Norwich do with this money and what next season holds for Idah. 

I would be excited to see Idah go on loan and play a full season 30-40 games as a striker for a Championship club. 

Real pity idah was injured for most of last season, had he been fit and really tested himself in the championship you could then see if he could make the step up to the premier league. 

At the moment Norwich can't depend on idah for the premier league goals and give him a chance.

Championship loan spell would be ideal.

I wonder if a championship might look at parrott too? Bit of a gamble maybe but he's definitely shown some class vs Andorra.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:12pm
Baffling move as they just arrive back in the premier league. He’s their most important player by a distance. I suppose pressure falls on Kieran Dowell, who has been playing as their attacking midfielder in the last few games of the season.

Idah might pick up a few more starts as a consequence but he’s not like for lkke
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:15pm
I think Norwich will invest in at least 2 or 3 players when the window open.

I think a forward will be a priority.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:27pm
I'd be shocked if they sent Idah out on loan, they will be looking for him to score a few goals in the premiership and try make a name for himself, he doesn't have to do anything amazing in terms of numbers just be consistent and get experience. When they inevitably get relegated he will have a season in the championship with them.

Last time they were in the premiership they made it clear that they learned from their previous mistakes and wouldn't be splashing the cash to try stay up, they want to stay up but relegation isn't the end of the world for them.

Buendias value to Norwich was maximised, it was unlikely they would ever get more for him so they sold. Idah is in the position that Buendia was 2 years ago when they got promoted, young player with expectations on him, had a decent season and got enough recognition to his name that leads to a big transfer 12 months later.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Baffling move as they just arrive back in the premier league. He’s their most important player by a distance. I suppose pressure falls on Kieran Dowell, who has been playing as their attacking midfielder in the last few games of the season.

Idah might pick up a few more starts as a consequence but he’s not like for lkke
Where did they sign lkke from?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Real pity idah was injured for most of last season, had he been fit and really tested himself in the championship you could then see if he could make the step up to the premier league. 

At the moment Norwich can't depend on idah for the premier league goals and give him a chance.

I wonder if a championship might look at parrott too? Bit of a gamble maybe but he's definitely shown some class vs Andorra.

Farke has stated he thinks Idah can play out on wide too which if this is the case it would lead to more gametime. He’s still filling a big frame. I don’t know would he have the feet to play out wide especially when not the finished article. 

On the other hand the pressure on him to shoot the lights out won’t be huge at PL level and suspecting Norwich go back down this year then he will play Championship football with them. 

I’d just love to see him get a loan to a Championship club he would start for many of them but Farke is in that place with him he’s not quite ready to start ahead of Puuki but rates him too highly to loan him out bit of FOMO almost. His goals to minutes ratio even if only a small number of minutes last season was quite impressive. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Also on Parrott Left Foot I’d be quite happy to see him go back to League 1 next season too if he’s been loaned back out to an English club that is. 

Showed some of his potential Thursday but as Iv stated a few times about him “boy in a mans sport” comes to mind in terms of his build. Would prefer him to find his way at that level and hopefully score more then 2 goals next season. 
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:09pm

I’d just love to see him get a loan to a Championship club he would start for many of them but Farke is in that place with him he’s not quite ready to start ahead of Puuki but rates him too highly to loan him out bit of FOMO almost. His goals to minutes ratio even if only a small number of minutes last season was quite impressive. 

Last time Pukki was at premiership level he was bang average for most of the season, he had a purple patch at the start and scored 6 in 5 when everyone got excited about him. After that it was 5 in 31, not saying Idah will be doing better but it's not  stretch to say the spot is up for grabs unless Pukki does a lot better
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 100>
  Share Topic