Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 100>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:19pm
Has he featured enough to get a championship medal? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:36pm
Farke in press conference yesterday said he wasnt ready, unless they were really stuck with puki being injured.  Idah has had a lot of injuries this season, and no reason to rush him back, as much as wed all like to see him back in action.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Farke in press conference yesterday said he wasnt ready, unless they were really stuck with puki being injured.  Idah has had a lot of injuries this season, and no reason to rush him back, as much as wed all like to see him back in action.
Yes, he's only back after a long term injury. No point risking him for a pointless game.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:01am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Has he featured enough to get a championship medal? 

definitely, played 16 games (2 goals and an assist )
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:45pm
Back in training for the last 3 weeks and still hasn't made a match day squad.

Thought with Norwich having promotion sown up he might get a couple of starts, but he can't even make the bench instead.

Not even a crumb of positivity re: any of our young forwards, be it Idah, Connolly, Obafemi, Parrott, Cassidy, Drinan...

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 May 2021 at 2:46pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Thought with Norwich having promotion sown up he might get a couple of starts, but he can't even make the bench instead.

Not even a crumb of positivity re: any of our young forwards, be it Idah, Connolly, Obafemi, Parrott, Cassidy, Drinan...

Parrott is back on the ipswich bench which is a kind of positive 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 3:33pm

Odd that you include Drinan in that list, who is not much of a prospect and never was, but not Scully, who has been banging them in all season.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 9:14pm

Hernia injuries are not always straight forward to recovery from. Perhaps Idah has had complications in his recovery, perhaps he is able to train a little, but is still not at a stage to play just yet. 

We know they really rate Idah at Norwich, he's tied down to a long term contract and he has showed some flashes of brilliance. Of course this season has not went well, but he's had two serious injuries. I don't think it's unreasonable to just write off this year. For me he has enough quality that he will come back much stronger next year. Staying injury free is going to be key. He will get chances to play next year.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Hernia injuries are not always straight forward to recovery from. Perhaps Idah has had complications in his recovery, perhaps he is able to train a little, but is still not at a stage to play just yet. 

We know they really rate Idah at Norwich, he's tied down to a long term contract and he has showed some flashes of brilliance. Of course this season has not went well, but he's had two serious injuries. I don't think it's unreasonable to just write off this year. For me he has enough quality that he will come back much stronger next year. Staying injury free is going to be key. He will get chances to play next year.

Do you miss the sounds of home?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 9:51pm

Change the record. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:49pm

He’s only back training 3 weeks. I was hoping you might see him on the bench last day of the season generally a player off that long needs a month minimum training surely? 

They do rate Idah and he’s actually been caught between that rock and a hard place of his manager rating him too highly to let him go on loan but having players like Pukki best striker in the division and Hugill a top class striker at Championship level also to compete with for one place. Idah has come off the bench before Hugill in many games this season. When Idah scored the hat trick in the Cup I think the intention was to send him out then but that spooked Farke into keeping him. 

I’d love to see Idah go on loan next season even a promotion chasing League 1 club like Peterborough or Lincoln would be a lovely spot for him although he’d play regularly for most Championship clubs without doubt. Just a full season of games for 90 minutes. I think of the current lot Scully aside who’s flying Idah is the best hope of becoming a Pukki Bamford type striker let’s say who’s a decent goalscorer. 

Only turned 20 too so he’s young plenty time will get better as he hits his mid 20s.  
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 12:59pm
Back on the bench today. Hopefully he'll start next game

Edit :just realised this is the last game Embarrassed

Edited by Stimpy - 08 May 2021 at 1:00pm
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Back on the bench today. Hopefully he'll start next game 

Think it’s last game of season in Championship?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:19pm
Yeah, last game of the championship season and last game of the league 1 season tomorrow. So the majority of our players have their last game this season.

Idah doesn't get the start in a nothing game for Norwich 

Molumby doest get a kick in a nothing game for Preston and hasnt played in about 6 games.

Knight playing but Derby likely relegated to league 1 

Seasons been a disaster from an ireland perspective 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:44pm
Scores with his first touch.

Despite all the nonsensical stick he has taken on this board this week I'd say his goals to minutes ratio this season will have been pretty decent. Was unlucky with the mid season injury.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 May 2021 at 1:46pm
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:45pm
Clap
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He’s only back training 3 weeks. I was hoping you might see him on the bench last day of the season generally a player off that long needs a month minimum training surely? 

They do rate Idah and he’s actually been caught between that rock and a hard place of his manager rating him too highly to let him go on loan but having players like Pukki best striker in the division and Hugill a top class striker at Championship level also to compete with for one place. Idah has come off the bench before Hugill in many games this season. When Idah scored the hat trick in the Cup I think the intention was to send him out then but that spooked Farke into keeping him. 

I’d love to see Idah go on loan next season even a promotion chasing League 1 club like Peterborough or Lincoln would be a lovely spot for him although he’d play regularly for most Championship clubs without doubt. Just a full season of games for 90 minutes. I think of the current lot Scully aside who’s flying Idah is the best hope of becoming a Pukki Bamford type striker let’s say who’s a decent goalscorer. 

Only turned 20 too so he’s young plenty time will get better as he hits his mid 20s.  

As stated above here. Back in training after a long term injury it was always likely going to be a good month before he was put on the bench/back playing. I know things are sh*t at the moment but there’s no point in using that as a stick to beat 19/20 year old young players with. 

Idah missing so much will probably hurt Norwich and him next year more then this year. With 35-40 games even if most off the bench hed have gotten far more experience and could have been a huge difference next year for them. I fear he may need a loan next year considering how this year has gone.

His goals to game ratio this year is okay. 👀 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:00pm
I never had a go at him. I was having a go at Farke, if anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 100>
  Share Topic