You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 100>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:07pm
Did you get to watch any of it? how was he playing?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:08pm
Didn't see much of the ball, Swansea were well on top of Norwich.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:23pm
At least he wasn't injured.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 4:41pm
Good interview with Adam:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0607/1387930-idah-feeling-the-heat-but-primed-for-athens-adventure/

Has never had a proper run which is a worry, but here's hoping next season can be the start of something big for him.  
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 4:57pm
I suspect Kenny will start him with Ferguson in Greece.
We're decent enough..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I suspect Kenny will start him with Ferguson in Greece.

You reckon? They're a fairly like for like player in that they're both big physical lads that lead the line and hold up play well but also work hard off the ball in their pressing and dropping deep to try win back possession. Idah came on for Ferguson late on against France, I suspect if Idah was fitter going into the game he would have started with him and brought Ferguson on later on to try snatch something.

With Ogbene out for this one I reckon he'll be looking for someone more pacier in the attack, maybe Johnston off the left off the 2 behind the striker? Id have said Obafemi off the right but with his lack of minutes / fitness this season I dont think he'll be starting.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 5:52pm
Idah and Ferguson would work well together imo. Both players could play either role up top so let's them switch in game. Norwich did it with Pukki and Idah while Welbeck and Ferguson have started together for Brighton.

Was thinking with Ogbene out he might consider Johnston to come into the starting XI as his replacement. Only thing is they're both different types of wingers and Johnston would be a good sub to bring on with a half hour left and tired legs in defence.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:02pm
Idah is more likely to run the channels than Ferguson, who’s not as quick but his link/hold-up play is a lot better. It’s a partnership that could work. Idah badly needs a goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Idah and Ferguson would work well together imo. Both players could play either role up top so let's them switch in game. Norwich did it with Pukki and Idah while Welbeck and Ferguson have started together for Brighton.

Was thinking with Ogbene out he might consider Johnston to come into the starting XI as his replacement. Only thing is they're both different types of wingers and Johnston would be a good sub to bring on with a half hour left and tired legs in defence.

I disagree, I think Ferguson and Idah will share minutes as the 9. People look past the fact that Ferguson actually only played one full 90 minutes for Brighton this season (I stand to be corrected on that). I dont see him playing the full 90 in the heat in Athens and Idah is the obvious like for like. I also dont think they would particularly compliment one another as a pair. The question is do you want to start with Ferguson or bring him on with half an hour to go?

If he goes with 2 up top I see Obafemi as the ideal partner to run in behind and feed off Ferguson/Idah, but there are fitness concerns there. Parrott can work as a different type of support striker, but it doesnt jump out to me.

I think he'll go with the box midfield again as he did vs France with Ferguson up top and Knight on the RHS this time with Johnston in the Ogbene role but on the LHS with Cullen and Molumby behind those 2. Hopefully we will have a bit more of the ball and Ferguson can stay high rather than dropping too deep as he had to vs France.

Edited by John Nice - 07 Jun 2023 at 6:08pm
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

I disagree, I think Ferguson and Idah will share minutes as the 9. People look past the fact that Ferguson actually only played one full 90 minutes for Brighton this season (I stand to be corrected on that). I dont see him playing the full 90 in the heat in Athens and Idah is the obvious like for like. I also dont think they would particularly compliment one another as a pair. The question is do you want to start with Ferguson or bring him on with half an hour to go?

If he goes with 2 up top I see Obafemi as the ideal partner to run in behind and feed off Ferguson/Idah, but there are fitness concerns there. Parrott can work as a different type of support striker, but it doesnt jump out to me.

I think he'll go with the box midfield again as he did vs France with Ferguson up top and Knight on the RHS this time with Johnston in the Ogbene role but on the LHS with Cullen and Molumby behind those 2. Hopefully we will have a bit more of the ball and Ferguson can stay high rather than dropping too deep as he had to vs France.

He could also go with Smallbone and Knight as the two behind Ferguson to keep it solid and bring Johnston and/or Obafemi on later in the game for one/both of them.
Idah Dream!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:42pm
Know the lad is young and has had his fair share of injuries but I just don't see him as an international standard starter. 

Hopefully he improves but maybe a move of club would do him some good.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 17 Jun 2023 at 1:43pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:52pm
He hasn't progressed really. You would have to wonder what Norwich are doing keeping him around? They are hardly gaining much. Id expect him to be moved on soon.
I love beer gardens
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:57pm
There is a player in him and I understand why his attributes make him an appealing option, he certainly works hard enough but he's really not ready for the responsibility Kenny gives him. His career has been so stop start through injuries. He needs that run of senior football to develop into a player we can rely on.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He hasn't progressed really. You would have to wonder what Norwich are doing keeping him around? They are hardly gaining much. Id expect him to be moved on soon.

Considering they offered him a new 5 year contract less than 4 months ago, it seems they dont share your opinion!

Idah Dream!
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Considering they offered him a new 5 year contract less than 4 months ago, it seems they dont share your opinion!

Their fan base have little time for him
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 3:40pm
Watching the game again and I don't think Idah knows where he is meant to be playing or is constantly out of position. 

Ferguson was dropping deep to receive the ball and knocked it forward to Idah who also dropped deep to receive the ball and we lose the posession.

Doherty also launches the ball forward - to I assume Idah who again dropped deep to the right towards Smallbone only to once again lose possession very easily.

He also lost a lot of the 50/50 duels.

Was Idah given clear instructions before game? I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I feel that there maybe over coaching from Kenny and the players are a little unsure of their role on the pitch.

In the French game, Idah played 25 minutes, and he was very effective when he came on.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Watching the game again and I don't think Idah knows where he is meant to be playing or is constantly out of position. 

Ferguson was dropping deep to receive the ball and knocked it forward to Idah who also dropped deep to receive the ball and we lose the posession.

Doherty also launches the ball forward - to I assume Idah who again dropped deep to the right towards Smallbone only to once again lose possession very easily.

He also lost a lot of the 50/50 duels.

Was Idah given clear instructions before game? I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I feel that there maybe over coaching from Kenny and the players are a little unsure of their role on the pitch.

In the French game, Idah played 25 minutes, and he was very effective when he came on.

I think Idah is a clear case of a player who needs to be starting regularly or he gets rusty/looses confidence quickly (even aside from the fact he hasn't properly had the chance to develop yet).

Going into the France game he had 16 apps (9starts) from mid-December to mid-March.

Since the France game he only started 1 game in 8 apps, then of course 6 weeks off.

Even going into that Portugal away game, he'd a run of starts in pre-season friendlies.

Big season coming up for him, he needs to be starting regularly in his natural position. If he's on the bench again (behind Sargent) or being played out of position on the wing then he should seriously consider a loan.

Until/unless he gets a good long run of games then he shouldn't be starting for us.

Edited by Greenie50 - 18 Jun 2023 at 4:13pm
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 10:42pm
Scores. Hopefully he can drive on from here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 100>
  Share Topic