You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 100>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

What are they saying?

Had a quick look on twitter and it's very negative alright.

Criticising just about everything from his passing, first touch, lack of goals. Plenty having  areal go at the length of contract that he was given, and plenty more pointing out the difference in how he and Tzolis were/are treated due to one being homegrown - a good few saying that he gets away with being sh*te because he is homegrown. A smaller few comments to the tune of the more he plays the more his potential sale value goes down because people are realising he is actually not good.

Not much better on the Norwich forum where people are so convinced that he is dreadful, that a few comments have questioned whether the manager is being forced to play him by the sporting director after the 5 year contract that plenty of comments can't understand/think was an atrocious decision.

A few calls for him to go on loan to a lower league team.

By all accounts it seems like he was absolutely dreadful today.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 9:23am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

What are they saying?
Doesn't score, not good enough for this level, should be dropped. The usual stuff for an out of form striker I suppose 

Has he ever been in form?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 9:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What are they saying?
Doesn't score, not good enough for this level, should be dropped. The usual stuff for an out of form striker I suppose 

I was thinking this myself, showing something a couple of times a season doesn’t mean you’re at that level, he can still come good of course but I wouldn’t be too confident. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 9:56am
I think he is like a mobile Weighhorst and won’t ever score enough goals but has attributes that some managers love that can be useful in the right team esp as a squad player.  Won’t ever get enough goals though. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 10:22am
i see idah has now taken over connolly as the latest player whos finished Clown
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:17am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What are they saying?

I was thinking this myself, showing something a couple of times a season doesn’t mean you’re at that level, he can still come good of course but I wouldn’t be too confident. 

Any time he starts to get a run in the team, he just gets injured. He has been very unfortunate. A move away from Norwich might be a good idea.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:18am
They're all finished except Ferguson (who's pushing his luck as well, goalless in his last 5 Premier League games!)
We're decent enough..
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 1:14pm
I wonder how much the time out with injury has affected his development?

Of course they never say these things publicly, and try to keep them secret, but the club and/or player might be aware that having had 2 operations, he will never be fully right.

I do think it is hash to judge him too definitively now however, given he's just coming back after essentially 18 months out. 

We could see easily a rapid improvement from him, if it's a case he's just rusty, and not physically peaking after a long time out.

Alternatively this could be the beginning of the end, if the injury has caused permanent physical impairment. 

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 6:49pm
A change of scenery might do him good. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

I wonder how much the time out with injury has affected his development?

Of course they never say these things publicly, and try to keep them secret, but the club and/or player might be aware that having had 2 operations, he will never be fully right.

I do think it is hash to judge him too definitively now however, given he's just coming back after essentially 18 months out. 

We could see easily a rapid improvement from him, if it's a case he's just rusty, and not physically peaking after a long time out.

Alternatively this could be the beginning of the end, if the injury has caused permanent physical impairment. 

They just gave him a 5 year contract post those operations, I suspect they aren't morons at Norwich. If they had serious doubts over his l/t fitness, they wouldn't have given him a contract. Thats why clubs do medicals. 

He's regaining full fitness and match sharpness after the guts of a year out! Let him get on with it. Norwich are playing him wide right atm to shoehorn himself, Pukki and Sargent in to the team, it's not his best position. They still have a chance of play offs too, so who knows what will happen? Meantime, let's all just hope he sees out the season injury free!
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 8:57pm
Gets on the scoresheet tonight, delighted for him.

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:01pm
Good man Adam, hopefully be able to notch another 1 or 2 before the season's out
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:09pm
I see he only came on after Halftime. Good man
I love beer gardens
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:14pm
yeah  scored within a minute. As you say, hope he gets another
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 1:50am
How many has he got for the season? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:36am
3 (2 in the league, 1 in the league cup)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 4:46pm
Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:03pm
Substituted before half time today after Norwich had a defender sent off. He has very little luck.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 100>
  Share Topic