You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 99>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Collins (30) Hogan (29) and Maguire (27) have shown that they are ok Championship level players, no more than that - one can argue that makes them better than the young lads currently, but I dont think we are going to see huge improvement in any of them at this stage,

As someone who's seen quite a bit of Hogan (admittedly not so much recently), I'll say this.

He may not suit Kenny's preferred set-up (though he's hardly in a position to choose).

Hiis injury history may mean you can't rely on his fitness.

And he may not be entirely committed to playing for ROI (I've no idea about that, btw.)

But I will say one thing: he's by some way the best pure finisher you have available to you at present.

So unless some of the earlier reservations apply, imo it was a mistake by SK not to use him in some capacity to help secure better early results, while he bedded in the younger alternatives more gradually (friendlies, 20 mins off the bench in competitive etc.).
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

What exactly is so galling about pointing out the Idah needs game time and should probably not be starting for us if we have everyone available?

The fact that posters seem to look at players in isolation rather than versus the potential alternative ....... which is the reality of the situation

Simply based on the fact that they are playing football I would have Scully and Parrott ahead of Idah.

Idah has improved as he's played for ireland, no doubt. But he hasn't been proven at any level of football. Not premier league, not Championship, not league 1. He's sitting on the bench.

In contrast if you said prestons sean maguire, (who is mostly on the bench now) I would say at least he's proved he can score goals at championship level in the past and could maybe regain that form. 

Idah has no such benchmark. He's unproven at any level. 

Scully I'll give you, he has proven now since the beginning of the 2020/21 season that he is capable of scoring goals regularly at League One level with 14 goals & 5 assists in 48 games (2,700 mins) in 20/21 and 5 goals & 3 assists in 9 games (800 minutes) in 21/22. This is L1, FAC & EFL Cup only. It excludes EFL Trophy games which would bump his figures up even further. He has a goal involvement ratio of 1 per 130 odd minutes which is very good and it is based on a large sample size. He deserves a chance, but I cant see Kenny sticking him straight in to a must win (for Kenny) game on the back of it, nor would I expect or call for Kenny to do so mid campaign. It is still League One. He should probably be included in the squad and maybe given a run vs Qatar, if not he should certainly be given his chance in the March friendlies.

Parrott however, in the same period - 2020/21, had 2 goals 0 assists in 31 games (1,932 minutes, 601 of which came in the Championship, where he failed to register a single goal or assist) and has 2 goals and 1 assist this season in 7 games (600 minutes) which is admittedly a better start and MAYBE he will go on this season to register Scully like figures - that's what he needs to do. Btw the EFL Trophy games wouldn't bump Parrott's figures at all, as he has failed to score/assist in any. To date he has a goal involvement ratio of 1 per roughly 500 minutes over the last 2 seasons. That does not suggest he is proven or anywhere close, 1 goal involvement every 5 and a half games and he probably has played in more advanced positions than Scully over the period. I like Troy and think he can develop into a fine player, but he's still a long way off. Hopefully he can continue his good (not stellar by any means) start to the season and push on. To suggest he should be starting ahead of Idah is a stretch. He should probably be given a chance in the Idah role vs Qatar to see how he shapes up.

Idah had a bad injury in the 2020/21 season which kept him out for the guts of 6 months, however he registered 3 goals and 1 assist in 17 games (just 325 minutes) in the Championship. He has featured in 6 (of 7) Norwich games this season in the PL/EFL Cup (139 minutes) and has failed to register a goal/assist. Idah's goal involvement ratio playing at a higher level than both Scully and Parrott is 1 per 116 minutes. Obviously this is a much smaller sample size, so it's not a straightforward comparison, but to suggest Parrott is now proven and Idah is unproven at this stage is plain wrong. Idah may not have scored/assisted in his international games to date, but I think he has shown enough to demonstrate that he can lead the line, particularly in the Portugal game. We absolutely need a good hold up player due to our very obvious limitation in midfield and Idah looks (currently) like the best man for that job. One could make an argument for Collins, but given qualification is gone and we are supposedly building for the future, I would much prefer to see Idah start the Azerbaijan game ahead of him.

Thats my tuppence worth. I agree with the general consensus that we are selcting from a pretty average group of attackers, but clearly in Connolly, Idah, Scully, Obafemi and Parrott, we have 5 very decent prospects whpo will continue to improve and those along with the 26yo Robinson are probably where we should be concentrating our efforts at this stage. Collins (30) Hogan (29) and Maguire (27) have shown that they are ok Championship level players, no more than that - one can argue that makes them better than the young lads currently, but I dont think we are going to see huge improvement in any of them at this stage, so personally I would prefer to invest in the future, particularly given that our qualification hopes are gone. We can re-assess pre the June 22 Nations League campaign and see where everyone is at that stage, but for the upcoming internationals - Connolly and Robinson to the left and right respectively of Idah in the Azer and Lux games looks the best bet to me. Parrott should get a chance in the Idah role vs Qatar (he looked completely lost on the right of the 3 with Idah in the last Azerbaijan game) and possibly Scully (in the Connolly role) also. Obafemi has only managed 234 minutes of football since the beginning of the 2020/21 season (0 goals/assists), so for me he doesn't come into the reckoning at this stage, hopefully he kicks on for Swansea now after his big move and forces his way back in to the picture.

For the record Shane Long has barely played this season (Kenny did inlcude him in the last squad btw) and he failed to register a goal/assist in 14 games last season. He hasnt scored an international goal since 2016 (18 caps since) and in 88 internationals despite scoring 17 (1 in 5), he only registered 5 goals in competitive games, albeit some were very memorable Smile He is 34 now, 35 in January, so I cant see Kenny selecting him and again I would not be encouraging him to do so, given our qualification hopes are gone.

Good post John but really some of the detail is wood for the trees. Idah playing 137 minutes so far this season for example when 90mins were against the Liverpool kids and he did very little.

Stating that parrott is proven and idah is not proven? Who said either were proven? I stated that Parrott is playing. So that's intentionally misleading on your part.

I would say that parrot and idah are pretty much square where they are in terms of development with parrott recently taking the advantage of actually playing mens football albeit both are unproven but one is playing.

For some you think idah is somehow further ahead. I'm not sure I share that opinion despite your detailed analysis.

Career to date figures as per Wikipedia, which don't take account of minutes played show that Adam has featured in 39 games (16 PL. 17 CH, 6 CUPS) and has 6 goals. Troy has featured in 41 games (2PL, 11 CH, 23 L1, 5 CUPS) and has scored 4. It's a completely simplistic arbitrary way of looking at it and Troy is almost exactly a year younger (strangely Connolly is almost exactly a year older) than Adam. 

My point in all this is that I don't think Troy has shown enough at this point to displace Idah from the team, regardless of his 2 L1 goals in 600 minutes this season. Idah played well during the last window and has been involved in 6 of Norwich's 7 games this season, so he is not rotting in the reserves and is featuring at a much higher level than Parrott. 

I personally (and tbf I have seen more of Idah than Parrott) think that Idah's hold up play has improved considerably and I think that is very important for this Irish team given our paucity of progressive midfield players. We often need an out ball and Idah looks like he can provide that, maybe Parrott can too, but it's not something I have particularly noticed with him. Both are strong and what I like about both of them is that they have genuine pace, which typically hold up strikers a la Collins dont always have, so they can also run in behind. Bigger hold up type strikers generally take a little longer to develop, that's why I remain very optimistic about Idah (Drogba at 20 was playing sporadically and not scoring goals in the French 2nd division)

I have no dog in this fight, I hope both develop into top flight strikers in time, but I wouldn't be starting Parrott as the 9 ahead of Idah in our next must win (for Kenny) competitive fixture. If qualification was on the line, there would be an argument to perhaps start Collins ahead of him, but even that would be tenuous enough tbh.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 3:32pm

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

What exactly is so galling about pointing out the Idah needs game time and should probably not be starting for us if we have everyone available?

The fact that posters seem to look at players in isolation rather than versus the potential alternative ....... which is the reality of the situation

Simply based on the fact that they are playing football I would have Scully and Parrott ahead of Idah.

Idah has improved as he's played for ireland, no doubt. But he hasn't been proven at any level of football. Not premier league, not Championship, not league 1. He's sitting on the bench.

In contrast if you said prestons sean maguire, (who is mostly on the bench now) I would say at least he's proved he can score goals at championship level in the past and could maybe regain that form. 

Idah has no such benchmark. He's unproven at any level. 

Scully I'll give you, he has proven now since the beginning of the 2020/21 season that he is capable of scoring goals regularly at League One level with 14 goals & 5 assists in 48 games (2,700 mins) in 20/21 and 5 goals & 3 assists in 9 games (800 minutes) in 21/22. This is L1, FAC & EFL Cup only. It excludes EFL Trophy games which would bump his figures up even further. He has a goal involvement ratio of 1 per 130 odd minutes which is very good and it is based on a large sample size. He deserves a chance, but I cant see Kenny sticking him straight in to a must win (for Kenny) game on the back of it, nor would I expect or call for Kenny to do so mid campaign. It is still League One. He should probably be included in the squad and maybe given a run vs Qatar, if not he should certainly be given his chance in the March friendlies.

Parrott however, in the same period - 2020/21, had 2 goals 0 assists in 31 games (1,932 minutes, 601 of which came in the Championship, where he failed to register a single goal or assist) and has 2 goals and 1 assist this season in 7 games (600 minutes) which is admittedly a better start and MAYBE he will go on this season to register Scully like figures - that's what he needs to do. Btw the EFL Trophy games wouldn't bump Parrott's figures at all, as he has failed to score/assist in any. To date he has a goal involvement ratio of 1 per roughly 500 minutes over the last 2 seasons. That does not suggest he is proven or anywhere close, 1 goal involvement every 5 and a half games and he probably has played in more advanced positions than Scully over the period. I like Troy and think he can develop into a fine player, but he's still a long way off. Hopefully he can continue his good (not stellar by any means) start to the season and push on. To suggest he should be starting ahead of Idah is a stretch. He should probably be given a chance in the Idah role vs Qatar to see how he shapes up.

Idah had a bad injury in the 2020/21 season which kept him out for the guts of 6 months, however he registered 3 goals and 1 assist in 17 games (just 325 minutes) in the Championship. He has featured in 6 (of 7) Norwich games this season in the PL/EFL Cup (139 minutes) and has failed to register a goal/assist. Idah's goal involvement ratio playing at a higher level than both Scully and Parrott is 1 per 116 minutes. Obviously this is a much smaller sample size, so it's not a straightforward comparison, but to suggest Parrott is now proven and Idah is unproven at this stage is plain wrong. Idah may not have scored/assisted in his international games to date, but I think he has shown enough to demonstrate that he can lead the line, particularly in the Portugal game. We absolutely need a good hold up player due to our very obvious limitation in midfield and Idah looks (currently) like the best man for that job. One could make an argument for Collins, but given qualification is gone and we are supposedly building for the future, I would much prefer to see Idah start the Azerbaijan game ahead of him.

Thats my tuppence worth. I agree with the general consensus that we are selcting from a pretty average group of attackers, but clearly in Connolly, Idah, Scully, Obafemi and Parrott, we have 5 very decent prospects whpo will continue to improve and those along with the 26yo Robinson are probably where we should be concentrating our efforts at this stage. Collins (30) Hogan (29) and Maguire (27) have shown that they are ok Championship level players, no more than that - one can argue that makes them better than the young lads currently, but I dont think we are going to see huge improvement in any of them at this stage, so personally I would prefer to invest in the future, particularly given that our qualification hopes are gone. We can re-assess pre the June 22 Nations League campaign and see where everyone is at that stage, but for the upcoming internationals - Connolly and Robinson to the left and right respectively of Idah in the Azer and Lux games looks the best bet to me. Parrott should get a chance in the Idah role vs Qatar (he looked completely lost on the right of the 3 with Idah in the last Azerbaijan game) and possibly Scully (in the Connolly role) also. Obafemi has only managed 234 minutes of football since the beginning of the 2020/21 season (0 goals/assists), so for me he doesn't come into the reckoning at this stage, hopefully he kicks on for Swansea now after his big move and forces his way back in to the picture.

For the record Shane Long has barely played this season (Kenny did inlcude him in the last squad btw) and he failed to register a goal/assist in 14 games last season. He hasnt scored an international goal since 2016 (18 caps since) and in 88 internationals despite scoring 17 (1 in 5), he only registered 5 goals in competitive games, albeit some were very memorable Smile He is 34 now, 35 in January, so I cant see Kenny selecting him and again I would not be encouraging him to do so, given our qualification hopes are gone.

Good post John but really some of the detail is wood for the trees. Idah playing 137 minutes so far this season for example when 90mins were against the Liverpool kids and he did very little.

Stating that parrott is proven and idah is not proven? Who said either were proven? I stated that Parrott is playing. So that's intentionally misleading on your part.

I would say that parrot and idah are pretty much square where they are in terms of development with parrott recently taking the advantage of actually playing mens football albeit both are unproven but one is playing.

For some you think idah is somehow further ahead. I'm not sure I share that opinion despite your detailed analysis.

Career to date figures as per Wikipedia, which don't take account of minutes played show that Adam has featured in 39 games (16 PL. 17 CH, 6 CUPS) and has 6 goals. Troy has featured in 41 games (2PL, 11 CH, 23 L1, 5 CUPS) and has scored 4. It's a completely simplistic arbitrary way of looking at it and Troy is almost exactly a year younger (strangely Connolly is almost exactly a year older) than Adam. 

My point in all this is that I don't think Troy has shown enough at this point to displace Idah from the team, regardless of his 2 L1 goals in 600 minutes this season. Idah played well during the last window and has been involved in 6 of Norwich's 7 games this season, so he is not rotting in the reserves and is featuring at a much higher level than Parrott. 

I personally (and tbf I have seen more of Idah than Parrott) think that Idah's hold up play has improved considerably and I think that is very important for this Irish team given our paucity of progressive midfield players. We often need an out ball and Idah looks like he can provide that, maybe Parrott can too, but it's not something I have particularly noticed with him. Both are strong and what I like about both of them is that they have genuine pace, which typically hold up strikers a la Collins dont always have, so they can also run in behind. Bigger hold up type strikers generally take a little longer to develop, that's why I remain very optimistic about Idah (Drogba at 20 was playing sporadically and not scoring goals in the French 2nd division)

I have no dog in this fight, I hope both develop into top flight strikers in time, but I wouldn't be starting Parrott as the 9 ahead of Idah in our next must win (for Kenny) competitive fixture. If qualification was on the line, there would be an argument to perhaps start Collins ahead of him, but even that would be tenuous enough tbh.

And by the way - continually saying "against the Liverpool kids" is disingenuous at best if it is an attempt to disparage Idah. There were several full internationals in that Liverpool team and an extremely strong central back pairing. I cant imagine that team would have too much trouble in dispensing with a League One team, which is who Parrott has been playing against. Maybe there is a League One team with a CB pairing as good as Konate and Gomez?
Idah Dream!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 3:44pm
OK @john I appreciate the response and your opinion. I'm a number person myself but I think you're being blinded by them at this point in their careers. 

You talk of idahs hold up play a lot and I watched the Liverpool game and his hold up play was really poor (good Liverpool defenders or not) For ireland I think it was only OK and then only late in the games.

Hes not going to see much time in the premier league on the Liverpool showing outside of 10 mins here and there. (I hope that I'm wrong of course) 

At this point playing Connolly, Idah or Parrott is much of a muchness but you seem firmly in the Idah camp which is fine. I feel he's done nothing to deserve the nod over the others in any meaningful way.

My worry is that he missed most of last season with injury and that there's a danger he'll spend the vast majority of this season on the bench. That would be 2 disappointing years for the lad.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Collins (30) Hogan (29) and Maguire (27) have shown that they are ok Championship level players, no more than that - one can argue that makes them better than the young lads currently, but I dont think we are going to see huge improvement in any of them at this stage,

As someone who's seen quite a bit of Hogan (admittedly not so much recently), I'll say this.

He may not suit Kenny's preferred set-up (though he's hardly in a position to choose).

Hiis injury history may mean you can't rely on his fitness.

And he may not be entirely committed to playing for ROI (I've no idea about that, btw.)

But I will say one thing: he's by some way the best pure finisher you have available to you at present.

So unless some of the earlier reservations apply, imo it was a mistake by SK not to use him in some capacity to help secure better early results, while he bedded in the younger alternatives more gradually (friendlies, 20 mins off the bench in competitive etc.).

I actually agree, it may well have been a mistake earlier in the campaign not to use others, not necessarily Hogan imo who is a decent finisher, but not really a lad you can rely on to hold the ball up (which I think is what we are looking for tactically). 

However, at this point in the campaign re-introducing Hogan at 29 who has 0 goals in 8 previous internationals for Ireland on the back of 3 early goals in the Championship this season would be a curious decision. He also appears to have lost his spot in the first team to Troy Deeney (or at best is competing for 1 of the 2 forward slots with Jutckiewisz).

Hogan in 20/21 scored 7 goals in 34 games (2165 mins). He has 3 in 7 (405 mins) this season. No assists in either season, giving him an overall goal involvement ratio of 1 per 257 minutes. It doesn't scream selection to me. Collins (13G, 2A - 3200 mins) has a 1 per 213 minute ratio over the same period in the same League (admittedly zero goals or assists this season) and is almost certainly a better hold up type striker. Perhaps Collins should have been the one early on, while Idah was bedding in, but we are where we are, Kenny's neck is on the line, qualification hopes are gone, imo Kenny has to stick with his plan at this stage. It might well be the end of him, but if he can get a couple of results now, it might just be the making of Idah and a few others for that matter.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 4:11pm

OK @john I appreciate the response and your opinion. I'm a number person myself but I think you're being blinded by them at this point in their careers. 

You talk of idahs hold up play a lot and I watched the Liverpool game and his hold up play was really poor (good Liverpool defenders or not) For ireland I think it was only OK and then only late in the games.

Hes not going to see much time in the premier league on the Liverpool showing outside of 10 mins here and there. (I hope that I'm wrong of course) 

At this point playing Connolly, Idah or Parrott is much of a muchness but you seem firmly in the Idah camp which is fine. I feel he's done nothing to deserve the nod over the others in any meaningful way.

My worry is that he missed most of last season with injury and that there's a danger he'll spend the vast majority of this season on the bench. That would be 2 disappointing years for the lad.

I'm actually firmly in the Connolly camp to be honest, I think he has a real talent and a cockiness (which many seem to dislike) about his play that makes him stand out. Some of the abuse he shipped after the last few games was shameful. As for Idah vs Parrott, I think Adam is further along in his football development and I thought his hold up play was excellent vs Portugal (Pepe/Dias are no mugs btw). Yes Konate outmuscled him a few times, but have you seen him? He's bigger, stronger and quicker than Van Dijk. Parrott still looks very raw to me, but I havent really seen much of him this season, so he may have come on leaps and bounds. For me, he needs to do a fair bit more to displace Idah, who despite not scoring, played pretty well over our last 3 games and suits the style of football we are trying to play. 

BTW having watched Norwich a few times this season, I think Idah has as good a chance as Connolly does of becoming a first team regular this season. Pukki doesn't look the player he was 2 seaons ago and imo Idah looks to have developed further.

Ultimately I hope both Connolly and Idah force their way in to the first teams proper and I repeat, they are consistently in the match day 18s or whatever it is these days, so they are close. If they start missing out on those, then maybe a loan is required, but not yet for me.

Parrott needs at least 15 goal involvements in L1 this season to put himself seriously in the picture imo. Scully had 19 last season, Curtis had 19 also, Will Keane had 15, Szmodics playing as an attacking midfielder for Peterboro had 21.
Idah Dream!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:21pm

I actually agree, it may well have been a mistake earlier in the campaign not to use others, not necessarily Hogan imo who is a decent finisher, but not really a lad you can rely on to hold the ball up (which I think is what we are looking for tactically). 

Whatever else, Hogan is definitely not a "target man" i.e. one who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Then again, who else have ROI got who can do so at international level? (Idah perhaps eventually, but he's clearly not ready just yet).

And in any case, I thought SK's plan was to play possession football from the back, along the ground and through the thirds i.e. more Pep than Big Sam.

In which case, as this video shows, Hogan is very adept both at poaching in the penalty area, or hanging on the shoulder of the defender 30 yards out, beating the offside trap and stroking (never blasting) the ball home.

https://youtu.be/P1yaZ_QTESI

Though yeah, this is pretty academic, since even if Hogan still has it (debateable), SK is clearly too far down his own road to change course now.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Sep 2021 at 5:23pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Very long posts need to justify being very long posts. 

Your comment is tacky....🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:33pm
People seem to rate Hogan, can only go on what i saw of him for Ireland and he was sh*t.  You're all right thanks.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 4:44pm
What exactly is the overall objective of Norwich as a football team?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Get relegated. Get parachute payments. Get promoted. Get parachute payments. And so on
Danger here, OH NO
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:01pm

Could say that for 95% of football teams, probably more.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Get relegated. Get parachute payments. Get promoted. Get parachute payments. And so on

Are the top brass just pocketing (legally) wads of cash for themselves, while spending as little as possible?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
They have absolutely zero quality to stay in the PL this time round. Not sure what the story is with Cantwell. Hasnt played in a while. Hes not enough to save them but hes their best midfielder. Pukki goals have dried up and they have no goalscorers on the bench really. Idah aint ready yet for PL.
I love beer gardens
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Whatever else, Hogan is definitely not a "target man" i.e. one who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Then again, who else have ROI got who can do so at international level? (Idah perhaps eventually, but he's clearly not ready just yet).

And in any case, I thought SK's plan was to play possession football from the back, along the ground and through the thirds i.e. more Pep than Big Sam.

In which case, as this video shows, Hogan is very adept both at poaching in the penalty area, or hanging on the shoulder of the defender 30 yards out, beating the offside trap and stroking (never blasting) the ball home.

Though yeah, this is pretty academic, since even if Hogan still has it (debateable), SK is clearly too far down his own road to change course now.

i cant imagine ever going on a forum for the north and writing paragraphs about one of their fringe players, with youtube highlights included. just an incredibly odd way to spend your time. creepy even
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
Looks like he won't even get on today for Norwich against Burnley. Seems to be 5th choice forward. Needs a loan move ASAP but obviously can't til Jan at earliest. Not good....
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:52pm
correction, he is coming on in the 89th minute. Crisis over... that minute will really stand to him
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:56pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 99>
  Share Topic