You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 99>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I’d just love to see him get a loan to a Championship club he would start for many of them but Farke is in that place with him he’s not quite ready to start ahead of Puuki but rates him too highly to loan him out bit of FOMO almost. His goals to minutes ratio even if only a small number of minutes last season was quite impressive. 

Last time Pukki was at premiership level he was bang average for most of the season, he had a purple patch at the start and scored 6 in 5 when everyone got excited about him. After that it was 5 in 31, not saying Idah will be doing better but it's not  stretch to say the spot is up for grabs unless Pukki does a lot better
11 goals for the last place team is a great return. It’s an absolute ridiculous stretch to think Idah has any chance of taking the starting spot when he barely got a game in the Championship. He doesn’t even have 11 senior goals in his career. 

Pukki will play every single game he’s fit for, just like he has done for the past 3 years straight. His spot is not remotely up for grabs. 
Sponsored Links

geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:38pm
Yes 11 goals but over half of them in the first 5 games when Norwich were a bit of an unknown quantity. 5 in the remaining 31 games is not a great return for any senior striker in any team.

Not saying Idah is going to be jumping in straight away but if pukki is going through a similar spell this season they will be trying alternatives and it would be up to Idah to take his chance. Maybe pukki will have a better more consistent season this time and it won't be a factor
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I’d just love to see him get a loan to a Championship club he would start for many of them but Farke is in that place with him he’s not quite ready to start ahead of Puuki but rates him too highly to loan him out bit of FOMO almost. His goals to minutes ratio even if only a small number of minutes last season was quite impressive. 

Last time Pukki was at premiership level he was bang average for most of the season, he had a purple patch at the start and scored 6 in 5 when everyone got excited about him. After that it was 5 in 31, not saying Idah will be doing better but it's not  stretch to say the spot is up for grabs unless Pukki does a lot better
11 goals for the last place team is a great return. It’s an absolute ridiculous stretch to think Idah has any chance of taking the starting spot when he barely got a game in the Championship. He doesn’t even have 11 senior goals in his career. 

Pukki will play every single game he’s fit for, just like he has done for the past 3 years straight. His spot is not remotely up for grabs. 

11 goals even allowing for 6 in the first 5 is a decent return. I think Idahs injury issues which limited his appearances will actually have more of an impact on this season then last. With a full run of 30-40 games even if 25 of them were off the bench he would have developed a bit more and could have been a useful point of difference this year.  

Now he may still end up a very usual point of difference anyways he has the potential but I wonder from an Irish perspective is he better off finding a loan at Championship level or a promotion chasing League 1 club some may scoff at but it would be 30-40 games at still a decent level and he would be better for it. He’s just turned 20 still young in striker terms.

If he stays he will still be in a better place to provide more of an option this season then 2 years ago. If Farke sees him as one that can play out wide then he will get more gametime and may stay at the club.

Edited by kevin100 - 06 Jun 2021 at 4:45pm
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:57am
Idah will be a great player for us. I think 30+ games at L1 or above with lots of goals are whats needed this season for him.

10 mins here and there not what he needs
It's not me it's you:-)
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:47am
Idah will do very well to get a lower championship team to take a punt on him on loan, let alone starting in the PL
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 12:17pm
Wow, maybe he should get a non league loan or something...

Or maybe, wait for it, he could hang around for a bit and get some premier league game time and a couple of premier league goals...

The obsession with lower league loans, to sh*te bag teams, yeah worked out great for Parrott.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

Idah will do very well to get a lower championship team to take a punt on him on loan, let alone starting in the PL

Hes only played a handful of games in men's football so I'd agree with that, 
In many ways parrott is ahead of him in development. I know parrott has struggled at Millwall and ipswich but the general thought is he'll learn from this challenge.

Idah being thrown into the premier league is a massive ask

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 1:15pm
He'd develop a lot more if he played a full season at a lower level than the EPL.

He won't play much in the EPL. 

Edited by horsebox - 08 Jun 2021 at 1:16pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He'd develop a lot more if he played a full season at a lower level than the EPL.

He won't play much in the EPL. 

Yah I think Championship is the level for most of our players and even if you said some were good enough for mid to bottom table of the EPL, I would rather our players start more games in the Championship than a lot less for a weak EPL side. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 1:47pm
Another thing that Kenny spoke about is the players fitness, or lack of, players who are not playing regularly for their clubs struggle to play 2 games in 4 days.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Or maybe, wait for it, he could hang around for a bit and get some premier league game time and a couple of premier league goals...

The obsession with lower league loans, to sh*te bag teams, yeah worked out great for Parrott.

He should go to the Dutch or Belgian leagues. 
Worked wonders for Jack Byrne and Dan Crowley

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He should just retire
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He should just retire

LOL
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:18pm

Missed the bit where i said that, but yes, thats the next genius idea round here, why doesn't he go to some more exotic league that does nothing for his career.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:20pm

Missed the bit where i said that, but yes, thats the next genius idea round here, why doesn't he go to some more exotic league that does nothing for his career.

Never said you said it. 
Its a famous line on here. If only all our players were playing in the Eredivisie
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:39pm

It worked okay for Jack Byrne got him a full season of football matches. He moved back to England then after. How the f**k is that proof of moving to Holland being a bad experience. 

Dan Crowley likewise actually got gametime in Holland so how is that a case of it not working out for him? It went downhill when he moved back. 

Josh Cullen moved to Anderlecht he’s doing fine there too has improved him as a player. 

If your going to be a smartarse at least attempt to come up with actual good examples like Liam Kelly who despite it not working out for him still got a move to a club the size and tradition of Feyenoord.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:57pm

You do realise all these players that Premier League clubs sign for big money comes from these exotic leagues that do nothing for these players careers. 

Holland and Belgium are the two mentioned usually as the first reference but I would have presumed it is implied that Switzerland Austria Portugal Germany France Denmark are all options also for younger players. The point is in these Leagues teams don’t have the resources to go out and buy the finished article as such hence it’s in there interest to develop younger talent. 

For younger players that would be of benefit as opposed to top flight English football where at times it resembles a cattle mart the best one or two the exceptions are plucked and the other dozens are left to the slaughter.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 4:02pm
This afternoon we’re probably going to get played off the park by a team of players who play their club football in Hungary, Turkey, and Slovakia. Not really sure how we can be snobby about other leagues right now.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 99>
  Share Topic