Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 99>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:43pm
After watching him over these games he strikes me as the type of player who could get let go by the likes of Norwich and end up plodding along in L2. Im not totally convinced by him i must say. Maybe give him the 1st half against Bulgaria and see how he goes.
Sponsored Links

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

After watching him over these games he strikes me as the type of player who could get let go by the likes of Norwich and end up plodding along in L2. Im not totally convinced by him i must say. Maybe give him the 1st half against Bulgaria and see how he goes.

I'd play him in wider role with the freedom to come in. Nowhere near experienced to play as a 9 at international level. Collins is the best bet as a 9.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

I'd play him in wider role with the freedom to come in. Nowhere near experienced to play as a 9 at international level. Collins is the best bet as a 9.

I dont think he has the touch or skill to play wide for us. He defo needs to be playing more regularly somewhere.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:49pm

He signed a 4 year contract last year so that seems unlikely unless they just pay him the balance.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 2:14pm
Out for 10 (ten) weeks with injury
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Out for 10 (ten) weeks with injury
Poor lad Cry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:32am
thats a disaster. Hope was he would get game time between now and March. Christmas period always a real opportunity to get game time in particular. Think he got injured when trying to shoot v Wales and a blocking tackle came it. Suspect he broke a bone in his foot.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 2:24pm
Adam has signed an extension to his contract to keep him at Norwich till June 2024.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:39am
I read that he is back in full training next week
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 12:25pm
Back on the bench this afternoon.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Back on the bench this afternoon.
good news 
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:56pm
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:57pm
the saviour rises on a Sunday 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:58pm
Scored for Norwich earlier. Only on the pitch 5 minutes. Always maintained it that of the young attackers this lad has the best attributes for turning into a goal getter if not a goal machine. 

Norwich I would be critical of for not sending him out on loan last Jan or this year for regular minutes. Nothing against Idah but the reality is Puuki and Hugill are established more so then he is simple as. Does Idah get games for them next year if they go up? 

Nice to see him score today if nothing else.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:05pm
Great stuff. Had a spell out so hopefully he hits some form
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:21pm
Only getting a minute here and a minute there in games since his return from injury albeit 5 mins today. (Clearly just to see out games)

You would worry that he'll only have about 20mins of football this year going into the games in March.

Massive boost with the goal, I couldn't care less how scrappy it is, he reacted to it quickly.

I'd still have Parrott and Scully ahead of him as they are playing 90mins of football but If he can get some good minutes with Norwich over the next week or so that could change.

Edited by Left foot - 28 Feb 2021 at 2:22pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:27pm
Wouldn’t disagree about Parrott and Scully. Just think of them all this lad is the most likely to develop into that proper goal poacher that we need.  

He has all the attributes of an out and out forward/poacher. I wouldn’t judge him too harshly on Ireland tbh as he was isolated and I don’t think it would be his game. Whole thing was pointless for him really. 

If Norwich go up do ye think he will get a proper look in with them? 

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Feb 2021 at 5:28pm
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:10pm
He is not Premier League standard yet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 99>
  Share Topic